Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

I`ve been running that Peugeot Coupe the last couple races.
    It works well but the nose sure does fold up when I get caught up in a crash with another car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Small file 006..jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	9812  

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    It works well but the nose sure does fold up when I get caught up in a crash with another car.
    Have you tried reinforcing the front of the body with some strips of body armour or sellotape?

Peugeot coupe body

I saw one of these bodies being used in n 12 hour endurance race, earlier this year & it was looking way more 2nd hand than the other bodies, which were all JK Toyota GTI LMP bodies. I used one myself at the NZ North Island champs & it was good performance wise, but a bit battered at the end! If you're serious about using this body, you need to take the time to strengthen it.

Good to hear from NZ jenson46. Speaking of the GT1 bodies, last night I retrieved the seven unmounted bodies from the garage where the paint had been curing for a day (wife hates the smell of R/C paint in the house) and got them all marked and cut for 1-5/8" spoiler height. Then, took them back to the garage for a ride on the bench belt sander to make the bottoms of each body flat. Results kind of interesting when laying out the bodies with the spoilers all in the same line....the Red Fox Cadillac was the longest body followed by some others.

You'll see that the Cadillac has a very good diaplane on it, a lot better than the other Red Fox bodies in my experience. I might have to try it on my NORCAL LMP too!!!
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

This morning I picked the Parma MG Lola as the first body to mount on my Richard Mack Bulldog 3. Some have mentioned that the front end of this body is very low profile so you can't mount the body back as far as possible. No kidding Sherlock, but wait....did anybody ever consider that this is the idea Parma had in mind? Has mounting the body as far back as possible become dogma? I actually think this body has just as good a chance to work well as the others....I go into my testing without prejudging the outcome. I believe the Dome and probably the Red Fox Cadillac may also need more forward mounting.

George
    I need your help. Can't find the thread for Greg Noriss's excellent brazil images. Can you help me?

Why do I do this to myself?

Hey George you need to get down to fresno to try out that Mack 3 chassis went down there yesturday and ran my Taser it is gonna be a fun track to run for norcal for sure!!! Greg
    2011/2012 Nascar SCRA Champion
    2011/2012 SCRA Champion
    Sandbag Motorsports......always keep them guessing!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/Sandbagmotorsports?ref=bookmark
    ProSlot LTD
    Third Eye Technology

I'll be down there late morning on the 19th. Fred said they got the voltage on the power supplies adjusted nicely. How did the track drive?

George
    Thanks for the Greg N info. Just as a matter of interest, how do you reinforce your body shells at the body pins?

Quote Originally Posted by patraceruk View Post
    George
    Thanks for the Greg N info. Just as a matter of interest, how do you reinforce your body shells at the body pins?
    Pat, I don't know how you were reading my mind, but since the last NORCAL race in Modesto last Saturday, I am starting to think I am over building my bodies. My GT12 body did not have a scratch on it! Looks new. But I bullet proof so heavily, I believe it detracts from outright speed. The test bodies mentioned above will only get .010" lexan bullet proofing strips because they are only test bodies. But I need to get on the ball and look into perhaps reducing my over built body mounts.

I put ninja stars at every pin mount....full ones at the rear, and at the front I cut off the stars so I only have a round washer. I use the 3M 950 1/2" wide double stick goo on the body, then stick the ninja star to that. I do final body positioning and then cover the ninjas with a layer of the .010" lexan. It is really bullet proof. Really, it is just a Speedshop body mount method, I learned it from Lee. I think I need to work on more flex in the bodies though. Glad you asked, I've been thinking about it!

Yes I'm experimenting as well. Less is more!! Maybe. Woody is a shell expert. What do you do Woody?

Rainy day here in Northern California. The beagles want to go for a walk but it's too wet. Good day to mount bodies. So, I have mounted the bodies.

Let's start with the JK Products Audi R8C weighing in at 4.7 grams

DSCN4427 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

DSCN4428 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

DSCN4429 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

Next is the Red Fox Audi 18 weighing 5.2 grams.

DSCN4430 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

DSCN4431 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

DSCN4432 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

Weighing 6.1 grams (and a bit more bullet proofing on this one) is the JK Products Mercedes CLR

DSCN4433 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

DSCN4434 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

DSCN4435 by svtgeorge, on Flickr