Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

I am a slot car racer who is almost 60 years old and still race G7 slot cars against racers who is my son's age. I guess if I die before my wife, I know that she will throw out all of my slot car stuff including my large HO track.

Quote Originally Posted by kuni123456 View Post
    I am a slot car racer who is almost 60 years old and still race G7 slot cars against racers who is my son's age. I guess if I die before my wife, I know that she will throw out all of my slot car stuff including my large HO track.
    I am 35 and my wife threatens to put all of my slot car stuff on the lawn and light it on fire- and she promised if we ever get a divorce, she only wants one thing... my slot cars- Remember to be good to your wife!

Jasn

Quote Originally Posted by Berteinstein View Post
    I am 35 and my wife threatens to put all of my slot car stuff on the lawn and light it on fire- and she promised if we ever get a divorce, she only wants one thing... my slot cars- Remember to be good to your wife!

Jasn
    Hey jasn I've back doin this hobby just over a year now ,and my wife is more than happy for me to do this hobby compare to my other which is restoring old Vws which is ahella of a lot more money than slot cars that's for sure the next time let her now that you could be spending thousands than just hundreds Greg
    2011/2012 Nascar SCRA Champion
    2011/2012 SCRA Champion
    Sandbag Motorsports......always keep them guessing!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/Sandbagmotorsports?ref=bookmark
    ProSlot LTD
    Third Eye Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Bugboy209 View Post

Testing testing testing tomorrow to see what the best setup is for that track hopefully be good to go that's for sure !
    Greg, nice looking pieces of machinery you have there! Man, if I had that many slotcars I'd get confused. My puny little brain can only handle a minimal amount of decision making. Whenever I see one of the top wing car racers pull out their box of 500 different group 7 motors, it makes my head spin. By the way, I am not familiar with the LMP body on the bottom row, the one on to the right of the dark blue R10. Pretty neat looking body.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Quote Originally Posted by Bugboy209 View Post
    Hey jasn I've back doin this hobby just over a year now ,and my wife is more than happy for me to do this hobby compare to my other which is restoring old Vws which is ahella of a lot more money than slot cars that's for sure the next time let her now that you could be spending thousands than just hundreds Greg
    Greg, I think she would prefer you in the garage where she can harangue you any time she wants. Problem for women is when the men leave to go to the track, they have absolutely no idea of what to do. OMG, I didn't realize I was a chauvanist pig.....yes dear, I'll be off the computer in a few minutes.....

SR
    It almost seems sometimes my wife is jealous because I have a hobby.But when she has something planned for herself well that's a different story.LOL
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Best of both worlds, my wife races too (and she's pretty good!). Even when I'm away at a flat track, she goes to the weekly races.

SR, what's the lap length on the Testarossa? I know it's fast by the lap times, but can't find the length.
    Phil Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Greg, nice looking pieces of machinery you have there! Man, if I had that many slotcars I'd get confused. My puny little brain can only handle a minimal amount of decision making. Whenever I see one of the top wing car racers pull out their box of 500 different group 7 motors, it makes my head spin. By the way, I am not familiar with the LMP body on the bottom row, the one on to the right of the dark blue R10. Pretty neat looking body.
    Yeah George what keeps me sain with that many cars is thank god for my lil note pad that I write down the info on each car and what they are doing ,and the body next to the blue r10 it is also a Audi r10 but its from jk talk to you you soon Greg
    2011/2012 Nascar SCRA Champion
    2011/2012 SCRA Champion
    Sandbag Motorsports......always keep them guessing!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/Sandbagmotorsports?ref=bookmark
    ProSlot LTD
    Third Eye Technology

Can't complain about my wife when it comes to my slotcar addiction. She helps me when I'm practicing and pits for me during the race. She even volunteers to track marshall and is pretty good at it. When we had our track she would run it if I was off racing. Doesn't mind too much when I cut tires and rebuild motors on the kitchen table. Not as bad as when I was drag racing full size cars and would rebuild my carburetor on the kitchen table. She has helped me out greatly over the past 25 years of slotcar racing and I have nothing to complain about.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    I remounted the Red Fox Cadillac last night. As you can see in the photo, you can't completely remove the diaplane and still have 1mm of front vertical.....
    SR,
    I was just looking at the body rules for LMP. There is no mention of 1mm vertical, just that some vertical surface must remain. 1/24 Euro has the 1mm clause. Might help with the RF Caddy.
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    SR,
    I was just looking at the body rules for LMP. There is no mention of 1mm vertical, just that some vertical surface must remain. 1/24 Euro has the 1mm clause. Might help with the RF Caddy.
    Good research from Ingram of Kentucky. How's the weather there right now? I am pretty sure the RF Caddy will not be the body of choice anyway. I will test the lowered body on the 11th on the Testarossa.

Right now at the Crosslands Inn in Fresno. Time for bed, looks like things were winding down at Hobbytown when I left. Looks like for me it will be the newest Dog3, the one I tested the LMP bodies last weekend. Crash and I agree that on this new flat track, high horsepower for GT12 is not advisable. For LMP no decision yet...might be a 2 piece X25 with a soft Contender or the 3 piece with.025" C11 pans. Will find out tomorrow. We expect a big turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    Can't complain about my wife when it comes to my slotcar addiction. She helps me when I'm practicing and pits for me during the race. She even volunteers to track marshall and is pretty good at it. When we had our track she would run it if I was off racing. Doesn't mind too much when I cut tires and rebuild motors on the kitchen table. Not as bad as when I was drag racing full size cars and would rebuild my carburetor on the kitchen table. She has helped me out greatly over the past 25 years of slotcar racing and I have nothing to complain about.
    "Can't complain"?!?!? Fred, Barbara is THE BEST!!! Hey, I didn't know you were a track owner too! Tell us about your place.

OK, Saturday at 11:05am, late start, a bit disorganized. But, we have 42 racers here, 103 total entries. NASCAR 33, Trucks 21, LMP 28 and GT12 for 21 entries.

SCR, You may wish to add "slot" in between NORCAL and junkie. It just reads better for the kiddies!

Have a blast down there.
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around