Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

George,

That is just what I jigged the axle to. I'm actually running a smaller gear right now. But I haven't changed the chassis as it works out pretty well the way it is.

I have been thinking of putting on a 40T so maybe I should rejig one of the chassis for the lower axle height and start with smaller tires. I think the roll-out would be close to the same. But it might give me better handling. Hmm... I'll have to think on that.
    Gary Johnson

Merry Christmas everyone, thanks for your interest in this thread. All the best in 2012. OK, time to get the soldering iron fired up, gotta install a set of 2mm axle bearings into Big Piero. Don't eat too much Xmas dinner.

Slotcar Racer
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Right back atcha George!
    Merry Christmas!
    Gary Johnson

Merry Christmas to all that are involved in the slot car world. Hi George,i enjoy your thread, and appreciate the effort and time you dedicate to testing. Leonard strand

SR, thanks for all the informative and interesting reading this year. Best holiday wishes to you, your family and all the folks enjoying this thread and our hobby/sport.
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

Merry Christmas to one an all

George- All the best to You and Yours this Christmas.
    Thanks for the best thread in Slot Car Racing.

Merry Christmas to you George now I have to go and eat some of my wifes homemade cookies. I surely don't need the calories but it's Christmas. Be safe over this holiday season. Fred
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Merry Christmas SR and a Happy New Year !

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and testing with all of us. Who would have thought that one thread could go 1800 posts in one year !

Keep up the good work in 2012.

Alan
    Alan Ingram

SR
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and George and family and all the folks that follow this thread.Finished up my x-25 c-11 chassis a bit of work to get pans to sit right but its looking real sweet will work on new dog 3 today hopefully test later this week.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SR
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and George and family and all the folks that follow this thread.Finished up my x-25 c-11 chassis a bit of work to get pans to sit right but its looking real sweet will work on new dog 3 today hopefully test later this week.
    Mic, sounds like you are also working hard today on an X25/C11 combo. Question is, what size C11 pans you using? I find the .030" pans take gorilla hands to bend....I have to use the vise and pliers. On the other hand, the .025" C11 pans all you do is stare at them and they bend by themselves....but, I think the thinner pans are faster for sure. I just got one built for GTP at the Nats. Remember the goofy USRA rules, no front wheels required, but you have to have a front axle. Basically put in a piece of .047" wire held in with a couple of retainers. Pointless. Anyway, I'm going to try this one on Thurday up at SCR, Rohnert Park, CA.

Also finished working on Big Piero, did some changes to make it more rigid, give that a try on the Testa Rossa. OK, back to work. Grandson is still here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    . Remember the goofy USRA rules, no front wheels required, but you have to have a front axle. Basically put in a piece of .047" wire held in with a couple of retainers. Pointless.

umm George,

you don't need a front axle.

rog
    Roger Schmitt

MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

630-484-8574

Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

SR
    .030 pans and they where a bear to get bent right may try .025 sometime but .030 first. will see if I like .030 pans first
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Schmitt View Post
    umm George,

you don't need a front axle.

rog
    Oh! That's excellent...I guess I was making a special goofy rule just for me...thanks for the clarification Rog.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SR
    .030 pans and they where a bear to get bent right may try .025 sometime but .030 first. will see if I like .030 pans first
    Yes they are a BIG bear to bend!!! Let us know how that works Mic. Just had coffee with Hermanator at Starbucks in Vallejo. Looks like we'll be meeting up on Friday at SCR for Nats testing...only three months left....