Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Last night built a couple of LMP motors using the ATOM armatures. These are some I had purchased before the meltdown in Rotterdam Junction. I did the usual thing, ran them a bit then sent out for reconditioning. Man, they sounded really good once broken in!! One is a Contender the other a Hornet. They won't be USRA legal I don't think, but surely they'll be fine for NORCAL use. Makes me wonder what is the status of the ATOM operation, and how are things going at Lou's. I can only guess that it might be too cold to do any work and maybe they are holding off until warmer days. Dunno. Anyway, these two motors will go into two LMPs, got some Acuras painted up and these will be ready to go soon.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Last night built a couple of LMP motors using the ATOM armatures. These are some I had purchased before the meltdown in Rotterdam Junction. I did the usual thing, ran them a bit then sent out for reconditioning. Man, they sounded really good once broken in!! One is a Contender the other a Hornet. They won't be USRA legal I don't think, but surely they'll be fine for NORCAL use. Makes me wonder what is the status of the ATOM operation, and how are things going at Lou's. I can only guess that it might be too cold to do any work and maybe they are holding off until warmer days. Dunno. Anyway, these two motors will go into two LMPs, got some Acuras painted up and these will be ready to go soon.
    SR
    Bill I believe is about ready to start production again on atom arms . will be speaking with him this weekend I pretty sure he is racing with us this weekend .Lou is not making the trip this weekend he is hard at work getting electric in the new shop this week and weekend .He has also brought a track I believe its and ltd So shouldn't be to long till racing at Grandprix Raceway looking forward to it
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SR
    Bill I believe is about ready to start production again on atom arms . will be speaking with him this weekend I pretty sure he is racing with us this weekend .Lou is not making the trip this weekend he is hard at work getting electric in the new shop this week and weekend .He has also brought a track I believe its and ltd So shouldn't be to long till racing at Grandprix Raceway looking forward to it
    Is it safe to say, "there you go, you heard it first right here on Slotcar Racer Today"? Or have you posted this update elsewhere Mic? Not that it matters, just kind of fun to have a "scoop". Of course, it's great news. That Hornet sounds scarey on the analyzer, pulls 3.5 amps without shunts, awesome. The Contender is stout too. I haven't played around much with Pro Slot cans, but I like what I see with these. And I have always had good results with K magnets. I'll test it this weekend. I'm relieved that I have 100 pairs of tires coming from across the blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. More than what I pay from my usual supplier here, but still a good deal for slotcar tires. Should tide me over (get it, Atlantic...tide....water....ugh) until we get the good rubber again from our usual suppliers.

SR
    It's a Slot Car Racer today exclusive .How about sharing where abroad you got good rubber At least PM me you don't have to share with everyone LOL
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

I don't know why everyone is scared there is perfectly good rubber in the US.
    Last edited by mazur50; 01-10-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    Mike, that is absolutely fantastic news, please tell us where we can get the perfectly good rubber in the U.S.!

[QUOTE= That Hornet sounds scarey on the analyzer, pulls 3.5 amps without shunts, awesome. The Contender is stout too. I haven't played around much with Pro Slot cans, but I like what I see with these. And I have always had good results with K magnets. I'll test it this weekend. I'm relieved that I have 100 pairs of tires coming from across the blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. More than what I pay from my usual supplier here, but still a good deal for slotcar tires. Should tide me over (get it, Atlantic...tide....water....ugh) until we get the good rubber again from our usual suppliers.[/QUOTE]

SR,

Just for clarification the motors are ProSlot C cans with Kamen magnets?
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

Jeff I think koford probably .500 long
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Bingo... Makes sense Mic... thx!
    Balanced by Bill

You got off track with the Kamen guess, and Mic you got a lot closer....Koford .450" long mags. They are really good for a lot of applications. Good with a little tighter airgap.

Yep, My bad... I'm glad to hear good things about the Koford .450's I just picked up a set to experiment with. Still debating what can and endbell.
    Balanced by Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff714 View Post
    Yep, My bad... I'm glad to hear good things about the Koford .450's I just picked up a set to experiment with. Still debating what can and endbell.
    Jeff, I have used the Ks a lot in the UL can, and before the UL can became so ubiquitous I used them a lot in the Red Fox three hole...really good in that can.

Made some more progress last night on building some LMPs. Thought I'd try the old Cheetah 11 .025" center section (because it was there) with the .030" pans. Raised up the axle a bit using 43T as the jig wheels, a little more rubber for the more flexible center section.

Trying a .055" cross bar, so only .005" lexan strips on top of the humps made the pans lay nice and flat.

The ATOM Contender going into this car, set up is the Pro Slot can with K magnets....oh yeah, the ATOM arms are 45 degree .540" arms. Tonight I'm mounting a flourescent pink ACURA on it, should look pretty sweet. Sweet little Pinky.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Made some more progress last night on building some LMPs. Thought I'd try the old Cheetah 11 .025" center section (because it was there) with the .030" pans. Raised up the axle a bit using 43T as the jig wheels, a little more rubber for the more flexible center section.

Trying a .055" cross bar, so only .005" lexan strips on top of the humps made the pans lay nice and flat.

The ATOM Contender going into this car, set up is the Pro Slot can with K magnets....oh yeah, the ATOM arms are 45 degree .540" arms. Tonight I'm mounting a flourescent pink ACURA on it, should look pretty sweet. Sweet little Pinky.

What Proslot can are you using the SRS or VIP?
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    Mike - Care to share what it is and who we can get it from?
    Farmingdale, NJ 07727
    732-938-5215