Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Sr I've never run into the problem with the Cahozza brush hoods .I put a small horizontal cut in the spring side of the hood a 1/16 or so more for shunt and spring clearance then anything and have never had a brush hang up like that and i use a lot of Cahozza hardware.from the production setups to the newer pro hardware with the heat sinks.My b pro Motor did do that the last race but it was running out of brush.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Sr I've never run into the problem with the Cahozza brush hoods .I put a small horizontal cut in the spring side of the hood a 1/16 or so more for shunt and spring clearance then anything and have never had a brush hang up like that and i use a lot of Cahozza hardware.from the production setups to the newer pro hardware with the heat sinks.My b pro Motor did do that the last race but it was running out of brush.
    Mic, I pulled the motor out of the GT12 I raced yesterday. Seems like the spring tension returned. A bunch of us were amazed after the race by how you could just spin my rear axle like no brushes or springs! Seems like letting it sit for a day allowed the springs to slowly put pressure back on the brushes...that's the only explanation I can come up with. Anyway, after I took off the springs, I had to pry the brushes out of the hoods with an Xacto. Not my idea of how a motor should run...but it was stupidfast yesterday. A 3.78 is a really good time for a GT12 race even with a high downforce body....we were using USRA LMPs! I cleaned the set up and zapped it with my BOW Magnet Zapper. Then ran the magnahone hood tool through the hoods and sure enough, they were a bit sticky....ran the hone back and forth until it ran through smoothly. Then I did what CRASH emailed me, ran the brushes over some fine sandpaper....I used #1000. Reassembling the motor, the brushes went in very nicely. I think the hoods were kind of new..I've been replacing the expensive gold ones (not USRA legal) with the production ones, and I think this one did not get the full magnahone treatment. All broken in now and ready to go back into the same car.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Cahoza gold hardware is USRA legal if it is gold ProSlot style the ones with the heat sink are not because the are not on a production motor. If they come on a production motor then they are legal.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

SR- That was one fast gt12 you had on sunday! It was astonishing that your car was doing anything other than sitting in your box- I wonder if, in addition to the hoods being undersized and sticky, that there might be more complicated reason? I remember that you said... The gt12 with shunts was a little too crazy to handle with the "low-d" body- Is it therefore possible, your honor, that since the shunts had been de-installed from the said motor and the hoods downgraded from gold plated to a higher resistance type of metal, such that the increased resistance, thusly increased the temperature to the point the brush welded themselves to the hoods! Thereby forcing you to remove them with the aforementioned and so called "Xacto"!

...On a completely non-related and yet semi-relevant note- (or was that a non-relevant and semi-related note...)
    I did a quick look at my "Eursprout" to see if there was an obvious reason for the car to become slow at the start of each heat (this happened about the 5th heat, post talli-bahn) and then sometimes speeding up as the heat progressed- I found that the front brush has mostly turned into brush dust... further examination after a de-installation will be needed to see just how little remains of the previously mentioned brush in a "usable" format.

Bert
    Asking all things relevant-

George,

I think Bert actually has a possible solution. The removal of the shunts put way more emphasis on the brush to hood contact. Thus causing the hoods to heat up more than usual. This extra heat caused the aluminum to expand locking up the brushes. I've been running the stock endbells on all my Cahoza motors for the last year and I always run shunts. I have never once had a brush lock up in the motor as you describe.
    Gary Johnson

SR
    Need picture of the Mack c can eurosport i know you just built 1 can't find the picture
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

need Picture

a buddy wants me to build this its a Mack c can eurosport does anyone have a picture of it built
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0659..jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	10261  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0660..jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	10262  

Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Mic,

Did you look at Mack's website? http://www.mackslotracing.com/es32g12.html
    Gary Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by GearBear View Post
    Mic,

Did you look at Mack's website? http://www.mackslotracing.com/es32g12.html
    Yes Gary all he has up is the newer stuff i Believe this is older 2009 and after checking the motor box I think its a 1/32 euro not a c can
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

a buddy wants me to build this its a Mack c can eurosport does anyone have a picture of it built
    I see that and I know you have WAAAAAAAY more patience than I do. Whew!
    Jay Herrod

Use his "Contact Me" section on the website. When I've contacted him by email he has always been very prompt at replying.
    Gary Johnson

Yes Gary all he has up is the newer stuff i Believe this is older 2009 and after checking the motor box I think its a 1/32 euro not a c can
    I have the 1/32 euro if you want to see what that looks like.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    I have the 1/32 euro if you want to see what that looks like.
    Mike that would be a big help if you could post some picture Thanks
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

SR
    Sorry for high jacking your thread should have posted this else where
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

See Mack2011 32 c can saloon chassis which you guys call a c can eurosport.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0301..jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	10263