Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    Wade,

Thank you and yes, I'm finding this out quickly. I've had some very quick motors as of late but one race later, they are just average. I'll be paying much closer attention.
    Another thing ive done is equal spring tension on Pos and neg, but Use a BFII on Pos and Gold Dust on Neg. Wear is more even, but no increase in brakes. But with Proslot mags gapped at .570-.572 you wont have a problem with brakes anyways.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    George
    Doesn't your FET have a built in adjustable choke? I was just wondering why the need for a Tworoid? Maybe it helps with more precise control with the ES24 and ES32. My FET worked just fine up to Open 12. I don't run anything faster. Glad to hear Dave's donuts are good. I may have to get some just incase I get a chance to race this year on a flat track somewhere. Now that Chick's closed I have no place to play.
    Fred your always welcome in New Jersey we have a few out of state guys racing with us Have a race at the Garden State Isra club on the 24th F-1 G-10 B-pro Jrl open 12 and 1/24 euro if eought they going to run 1/32 euro at the end of the day
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Mic
    I would love to come up and try out that track but I've been having back problems since Nov. I thought it was just about healed then tweeked it again playing with the grandkids on sunday. My son lives in New Jersey so I'll probably get up there sometime in the spring to see him and my grandaughter.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Freddie
    You got to be careful with the grand kids. Mine wear me out .We should be racing at the club all spring and summer .Once the garden state series finish's up we are going to try and run g-10 and something else on Friday nights and will do a monthly race day on the weekend.You can get the clubs info on here we will be posting all races.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Hermanator emailed this photo sent to him by Richard Mack, but I don't know what to say about it other than it looks like the one I built last summer. Not sure if it is different....

photo (9) by svtgeorge, on Flickr
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Looks almost identical to c-can euro. This is it ready for a body and the track hopefully tomorrow night
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mack c euro..jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	10447  

Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Been pretty busy building the past few days, got some projects out the door and finished up some auctions for my friend Ron Southern. Ron's vintage cars all went to good homes. Now that the various projects are finished up I turn my attention towards what I will consider a practice session tomorrow at SCR. Time to put LMP bodies on the GT12s and see what needs to happen. Also time to put in a mild eurosport motor in my 1/24ES and just lay down a lot of laps....get used to the FET. As always, more work to do. Time to go turn on the soldering iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Looks almost identical to c-can euro. This is it ready for a body and the track hopefully tomorrow night
    Mic, did yo give that little beast a test run?

Well SR, 3 days out of surgery I managed to get to the Race Place tonight to test a couple of cars for tomorrows 5th race in the ISRA Garden State series. Since I'm just not sure how much gas I'll have in my tank tomorrow I only tested my Group 10 and B productions cars. The Group 10 car is a standard X25 config with a OS Bentlee HD powered by ProSlot. It ran consistent 4.3's with a 4.28 hot lap... Very good times. Car went right back in the box! Next up was a X25 3 piece with OS Porsche 082 body powered by a Cahoza O can, T5's and a ProSlot .540 contender. It ran consistent 4.2's with a 4.23 hot lap. Very solid times here too. The track was very green so I think times will improve some by race time tomorrow.
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff714 View Post
    Well SR, 3 days out of surgery I managed to get to the Race Place tonight to test a couple of cars for tomorrows 5th race in the ISRA Garden State series. Since I'm just not sure how much gas I'll have in my tank tomorrow I only tested my Group 10 and B productions cars. The Group 10 car is a standard X25 config with a OS Bentlee HD powered by ProSlot. It ran consistent 4.3's with a 4.28 hot lap... Very good times. Car went right back in the box! Next up was a X25 3 piece with OS Porsche 082 body powered by a Cahoza O can, T5's and a ProSlot .540 contender. It ran consistent 4.2's with a 4.23 hot lap. Very solid times here too. The track was very green so I think times will improve some by race time tomorrow.
    Isn't that nice when you know it is time to just put the car in the box and leave it alone? Sounds great. This lung surgery thing of your's kind of took me by surprise...that sounds really major. Kind of like, "oh yeah, I had brain surgery a few days ago, now my Starfighter changed colors, I think the doctor did something weird...". I sure hope you feel OK now and nothing major. Have a good time racing tomorrow, don't push yourself too hard. Pretty hard to do any better than those Cahoza T5 set ups with Pro Slot .540" arms, right? That's all I've been running for the past two years myself. Really glad NORCAL allowed the .540s this season. Anyway, have fun tomorrow, give us a report.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    Mic
    I would love to come up and try out that track but I've been having back problems since Nov. I thought it was just about healed then tweeked it again playing with the grandkids on sunday. My son lives in New Jersey so I'll probably get up there sometime in the spring to see him and my grandaughter.
    Fred, is your back better today? I know it sometimes just takes a little time and a little rest. Hopefully I can see you and Barbara again later this year if there is another ISRA Nats......

George
    I'm still nursing the back. It has been messed up this time since the first week in Nov. I tweeked it a couple of times since then, most recently playing with my grandkids. The older I get the longer it takes to get better. If there is an ISRA Nats I will try to make it as long as it's on the east coast. I won't be traveling alot this year, and since I no longer have a home track I'll only make 1 race a month. I may even try the Mid-South and Garden State ISRA along with a race or two at Mimi's with GP12s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Fred, is your back better today? I know it sometimes just takes a little time and a little rest. Hopefully I can see you and Barbara again later this year if there is another ISRA Nats......
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

George: please contact me @fxproducts@wowway.com
    Thank You Ron Thomas FX Products

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Mic, did yo give that little beast a test run?
    SCR took a few laps without a body just to see if it made it around my buddy jay didn't have a body set up so this coming Saturday we will put some laps on it.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SCR took a few laps without a body just to see if it made it around my buddy jay didn't have a body set up so this coming Saturday we will put some laps on it.
    I've heard you guys are racing on the UK Black this coming weekend. Phil is driving down from the far northern reaches of the continent (he said 8 hour drive ONE WAY). It'll be fun to see the race results. Too bad you didn't have a body for the 1/32 C Can!

I went up to SCR for practice yesterday. The Bay Bridge was closed since Friday night and this created gridlock all over the bay region. I looked at the 511.org traffic map and saw my usual route, the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge was all red and going 19mph. The next route over is from Vallejo to Sears Point Raceway on Rte 37, so I tried that out only to see packed in cars stretched for miles. Luckily I took the last possible exit and went back to I-80 to go to the furthest north route over to Frank's, and that's through Jamison Canyon...takes you over to Napa and then Sonoma. It was a slow slog, but I stay committed. The traffic was slow but steady, averaged about 20mph. Got to Frank's at 2pm about an hour later than expected. Vegas was already there working on his eurosport.

The main thing I found was having left .015"-.020" of guide spacers in all my cars from the race in Rocklin. Oops. Cars ran tippy in the esses. Once I figured that out, the cars started to handle better. I finally decided to just choose a couple of cars for the NORCAL carnage-producing event the first weekend in March. Kind of like choosing my victims for sacrifice. Got one Contender car that dipped into the 4.0s and a GT12 that did 3.67. When I got home I forgot which GT12 did that time so I'll have to start over again anyway.

In eurosport I tried one thing that was interesting, put a Camen small block single mag (Speedshop standard block) with a Valiko 22t24.5. Normally this would be thought of as a 1/24 ES motor, but it is too soft for that. I figured I'd use the formula "if it is too slow for your 1/24, put it in your 1/32". It sure seemed to work well. I did use the Tworoid choke with 15' and that seemed to be a really good combo. Got down into the 3.7s, this with the motor in the Castricone chassis. Continuing with this idea, I took another small block and put a Camen 22t25 in it and stuck that in my older Horky ES32. Vegas thought it was ultra smooth....I had to agree, it drove great. So, this was interesting to me.

I only brought my Horky 1/24 car recently refurbished. Put the Voki 18 mag with Valiko 22t24.5 in it. That worked quite well getting down to 3.13. I experimented with adding and subtracting .005" guide spacers and found a front end height that worked well.

This week is tire making week. BORING. Have the day off today so I can get a start on that.