Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Gary,

Google anodizing at home. Lots of people have tried this.

Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Its been decades since I color annodized something.
    I never liked the battery acid so I switched to sodium bisulfate which is a sodium salt of sulfuric acid, and rit dye as colorent. Sodium bisulfate is in one of the pool addiative Aqua Chem which can be had at most hardware pool supply stores. I used a low cost battery charger with varing amperages 2/5/15A. You will need to aqure a sealer for after dye and the heat rinse you the heated sumersed solution seal. I don't recall all the exact details or actual product but is should be easy to search.

OK I searched heres annichempool.... http://www.observationsblog.com/4/po...tery-acid.html

Raymond
    Last edited by Slapshot; 03-03-2012 at 12:02 AM.

See......Lots of people do this secretly, late at night in their basements.

Anodizing, electroplating, and nuclear reactor supplies can be found here: http://www.caswellplating.com/electr...anodizing.html

OK SR,

I know today is the NorCal SCRA event at Frank's.
    Hopefully you can give your usual up to the moment reports or as PK calls them "almost live". This should be a good turn out and if I wasn't a couple of thousand miles away I would be there getting ready for the Nats in a couple of weeks. Kinda the last warm up race !
    Alan Ingram

Alan, I'll be heading up to SCR at 11:00 from Oakland today, probably be up there a bit after noon. Gotta stop at Subway to get the 12" Italian BMT with provolone, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, salt & pepper and oil & vinegar, then I'll be good to go for the whole day at the races.

Got some new eurosport arms to try out, they're .485s so I pulled the .501" hone through the Voki 18 mag and the .480T Mystery Motor....got the shafts ground down to 1.5mm this morning and soldered on the Horky 6T 80P pinions. One motor goes into the Horky car, the other will go into a special Brazil edition "Gugu Special" chassis, basically a Castricone with solid front end....looks to me like it'll be very good on the Testarossa. Oops, I almost forgot, we are crashing, I mean racing NORCAL today...sorta shows you where my head is right now -- NOT in NORCAL classes.....I'll get into it when I get there and keep you updated Alan.

NASCAR had 30 entries, Super Trucks with 17. Bluey is, calling out assignments for LMP with 32 entries. Testarossa is in great shape today. Let's see how the dust settles! After this next race GT12.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    NASCAR had 30 entries, Super Trucks with 17. Bluey is, calling out assignments for LMP with 32 entries. Testarossa is in great shape today. Let's see how the dust settles! After this next race GT12.
    Thanks SR.....still wish i was there !
    Alan Ingram

OK it is 6:21Pm and going into heat #32, last heat. I already know Tracy Chin finished ahead of me on the same lap. Final results coming up.

Here we go:
    Chris Chakires 324 3.88 fast time (unreal)
    Tracy Chin 304 4.17
    Slot Car Racer 304 4.16

Actually a good race overall

All righty then, 7:30pm and in heat #6 of 27. Haven't been on the track yet

Just got back home from NORCAL, had to use CPR on the two beagles from lack of food. Wife is working this evening in SF so they didn't get the usual 5pm feeding. Anyway, we eventually ended up winning GT12 by 7 laps over locals Tracy Chin and Frank Gawronski. We all ran 3.679 fast time too! Today I ran an old favorite, the Protodog 3....one of the first Bulldog 3 prototypes Richard sent over to test last May I think it was....ran it at the ISRA Nats in Philadelphia. The usual motor, Pro Slot .540" 42* arm in Cahoza production set up with .560" hole. Doesn't get any simpler. We need to figure out how Chris is running so much faster than anyone else in the LMP program. His car is two tenths faster than really good cars. His motors have some kind of steroid applicator or something.

Tomorrow picking up Ron Southern to dust off the cobwebs and put in some practice. Watch out Jerry123. Also meeting Berteinstein and Don Raeburn up at Frank's. Should be a good practice session, the track has good rubber on it now.

How could I forget that accident? I always try to be careful in the warmup now. Sadly, I'll have to wait to next time to truly watch out. Accounting "R" Us doesn't beleive in days off this time of year. Work on a Sunday here I come.
    Farmingdale, NJ 07727
    732-938-5215

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Wow,
    That's probably the fastest I seen them post the results.

Did anyone bring cake for Herman ?
    Alan Ingram