.

.

Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

  1. #2296
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    1,364
    Nice job on the F1's George! They look great!
    Gary Johnson

  2. #2297
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Richmond, CA
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by GearBear View Post
    Nice job on the F1's George! They look great!
    Thanks GearBear, they're a headache to paint. By the way, I got a PM asking what body this is. Red Fox 2010 McLaren. Not sure about a part number, but if you ask for this you should be able to find it. I am not aware of a 1/24 scale version of it.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

  3. #2298
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    1,364
    Don't sell yourself short on your painting George. From what I have seen, you do an excellent job painting. Just because you don't do a fancy paint job, doesn't mean you don't do a good job at it! All of your seams are very crisp on the bodies I have seen you do. In comparison, I'm a hack. I just throw some masks on and paint. No skill at all. My son on the other hand can do a beautiful job. Unfortunately, I can't get him to do it very often!
    Gary Johnson

  4. #2299
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Auburn,Wa
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    One thing I would disagree with is how you refer to "Skinner/Koford glue"....no, no, no, no, no the two glues are apples and oranges, day and night, Ferrari and McLaren....the Skinner takes much, much more heat to remove than Koford. With Koford glue, if it hasn't already almost fallen out by itself, only takes less than a minute with a soldering iron. I don't use it anymore unless it is for a temporary test. Skinner Epoxy, Don't Leave Home Without It....
    SCR:Calm down there.... your getting too much like FX,

    A little background info. I am well versed on Skinner glue I have for several plus years now used since Doug aquired a bottle from Skinner for me when it was first released. In fact i have to get another bottle soon as Jimmy can order some. I occationally use the Kofard too I recommended Skinner glue to Lee to try back during the ISRA Italian worlds. He had baking issues due to the tempature cure difference and I also recommended a toaster oven for cureing in smaller more effecnt space. Joel in an email conversation a quite a while back mentioned he uses it exclusively. Of the four setups I recently removed magnets from three were Camen Factory/Custom setups one a Speedshop. The Skinner/Koford was not meant as a run together but a generic commercial posative as to not degrade either product and to cover both of the most used products. (Perhaps I will hit the comma or semi colin instead of the slash bar next time after a long post.) I am not saying they are the same I am just being equal opportunity useage fair of the most used products. Although I must admit Skinner (person not glue) has the best product support in the buisiness and a awsome smile.....

    As for much more heat and fast....thus the mico torch.....

    Raymond
    Last edited by Slapshot; 03-13-2012 at 05:31 AM.

  5. #2300
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Richmond, CA
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    SCR:Calm down there.... your getting too much like FX,

    A little background info. I am well versed on Skinner glue I have for several plus years now used since Doug aquired a bottle from Skinner for me when it was first released. In fact i have to get another bottle soon as Jimmy can order some. I occationally use the Kofard too I recommended Skinner glue to Lee to try back during the ISRA Italian worlds. He had baking issues due to the tempature cure difference and I also recommended a toaster oven for cureing in smaller more effecnt space. Joel in an email conversation a quite a while back mentioned he uses it exclusively. Of the four setups I recently removed magnets from three were Camen Factory/Custom setups one a Speedshop. The Skinner/Koford was not meant as a run together but a generic commercial posative as to not degrade either product and to cover both of the most used products. (Perhaps I will hit the comma or semi colin instead of the slash bar next time after a long post.) I am not saying they are the same I am just being equal opportunity useage fair of the most used products. Although I must admit Skinner (person not glue) has the best product support in the buisiness and a awsome smile.....

    As for much more heat and fast....thus the mico torch.....

    Raymond
    I agree completely Raymond, since I had Joel at Camen make set ups for me using the Skinner glue, I haven't had magnets falling out. The magnets might crack, but they stay nicely glued into the can and run perfectly fine.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

  6. #2301
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dirty Jerzey
    Posts
    130
    anyone know who makes f1 crown gear 2mm green, i know Jk makes 3/32 green 30 @64 pitch
    Jay Rogers
    Mic Byrd .....PowerPlants!!!!
    GARDEN STATE ISRA
    CRUSH GRAPHIXS...custom numbers and paint masks... just ask
    Balance By Bill Bugenis !!!!
    www.TheISraUsa.com

  7. #2302
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Richmond, CA
    Posts
    1,279
    Last night almost finished two ES32 body mounts, my last two .005" lexan bodies. I think I heard the .005s will be at Frank's the Sunday before the Nats, so bring your spray paint and your money and get em while they're hot. Spoiler height at 32.5mm with body flat on the tech block. One thing I have to say is it is really, really nice to now use sticker fronts...particularly for this class. It was so cool to put my wheel dots way up front more or less where the real car's wheels would go, and the Speedshop stickers look really nice up there. The car looks totally different this way!!!

    Tonight it is time to mount a couple of bodies each on the Brazil Castricone chassis and the Horky Chicago chassis. More Speedshop sticker fronts for these bodies. Spoiler height 35.0mm. Here we go....
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

  8. #2303
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Richmond, CA
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey JayRo View Post
    anyone know who makes f1 crown gear 2mm green, i know Jk makes 3/32 green 30 @64 pitch
    Jay, it's the same gear but 2mm hole 30T crown. I might be wrong, but I think maybe Voki makes them both. As to where to buy them, that's a whole different question. Any retailers out there willing to come forward and volunteer some gears for Jay??? If you don't get any ideas from retailers here in the USA, then try Dave Harvey at Won O Won in the UK, he should have them. Good luck Jay
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

  9. #2304
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Jay, it's the same gear but 2mm hole 30T crown. I might be wrong, but I think maybe Voki makes them both. As to where to buy them, that's a whole different question. Any retailers out there willing to come forward and volunteer some gears for Jay??? If you don't get any ideas from retailers here in the USA, then try Dave Harvey at Won O Won in the UK, he should have them. Good luck Jay
    Jay, I have some nice 2mm -3/32 adapters you could use. Mic has some if he is not using them himself.

  10. #2305
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dirty Jerzey
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by wbugenis View Post
    Jay, I have some nice 2mm -3/32 adapters you could use. Mic has some if he is not using them himself.
    thanks bill
    Jay Rogers
    Mic Byrd .....PowerPlants!!!!
    GARDEN STATE ISRA
    CRUSH GRAPHIXS...custom numbers and paint masks... just ask
    Balance By Bill Bugenis !!!!
    www.TheISraUsa.com

  11. #2306
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    1,445
    Are these what you are looking for?



    roger
    Roger Schmitt





    MidAmerica Slot Car Raceway LLC
    109 1/2 West Monroe st.
    Bloomington, IL 61701

    630-484-8574

    Mid America Raceway Naperville
    1223 E Ogden ave
    Suite 139
    Naperville, Il 60563

  12. #2307
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dirty Jerzey
    Posts
    130
    Thanks roger, yes those are the ones,.....
    I will let the fellas looking for them know wherre to go
    Jay Rogers
    Mic Byrd .....PowerPlants!!!!
    GARDEN STATE ISRA
    CRUSH GRAPHIXS...custom numbers and paint masks... just ask
    Balance By Bill Bugenis !!!!
    www.TheISraUsa.com

  13. #2308
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    701
    I also purchased those 2mm-3/32 adapters from Roger, they were a Slick7 item if I remember correctly.

  14. #2309
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    146
    I've seen them from ARP at our shop if I'm not mistaken but when a store like mid america posts here and has exactly what you're looking for....seems like a no brainer.
    Jay Herrod

  15. #2310
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    701
    Jay, you are correct on both counts.

    They were GT1 when I purchased them a couple years back, and it is a no brainer when it comes to Mid-America. I feel very fortunate to be so close to one of the best facilities in the US and if it's made for a slotcar, Roger will have it.

    Also, let us know what's going on with the ISRA Nats if you hear anything, I don't want to miss out this year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •