Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Schmitt View Post
    Are these what you are looking for?

roger
    Those are beautiful! Thanks Rog
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Hey Jay! I believe you'll get a chance to meet Roger inna couple weeks at Franks. He's a neat guy to talk to. He is a very professional raceway owner creating his customer base at a fairly new location. I hope to someday drop-in at his track along with Swiss' track. They are both both highly regarded in our community. Gus in Sacto
    Last edited by Slotcar Racer; 03-13-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: rearranged a few ideas for better digestion

Jay HAS met Roger..... he's been racing a lot longer than you think!!! He was at that first big race on the Midwest Monster - the ISRA NATS....great turnout from all over the country. Mossetti from Canada - not seen again until the 2010 ISRA Worlds.
    I really enjoyed that race. I convinced the guys from Jersey to take AMTRAK from New York City. What a mistake. I'm surprised they still talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wbugenis View Post
    Jay HAS met Roger..... he's been racing a lot longer than you think!!! He was at that first big race on the Midwest Monster - the ISRA NATS....great turnout from all over the country. Mossetti from Canada - not seen again until the 2010 ISRA Worlds.
    I really enjoyed that race. I convinced the guys from Jersey to take AMTRAK from New York City. What a mistake. I'm surprised they still talk to me.
    I think Jay was at that first ISRA Masters in Montgomery, right Jay? Weren't you there with Denny and running for Pro Slot? Remember how cold it was!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by caprikinggus View Post
    Hey Jay! I believe you'll get a chance to meet Roger inna couple weeks at Franks. He's a neat guy to talk to. He is a very professional raceway owner creating his customer base at a fairly new location. I hope to someday drop-in at his track along with Swiss' track. They are both both highly regarded in our community. Gus in Sacto
    I'm sure glad that was edited!!!

Thanks Gus for editing your earlier post
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

I'm thinking there's some slight confusion as to which Jay some folks are talking about.... anyway, I'm pretty sure we've got that covered. Gus, I know you were talking to me... I'm sure KVAN was referring to Jersey Jay.
    Jay Herrod

Finished up the ES32 bods last night. Didn't get to the 1/24 ES yet, got distracted with starting a couple of Bulldog 3 kits.

DSCN4584 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    I think Jay was at that first ISRA Masters in Montgomery, right Jay? Weren't you there with Denny and running for Pro Slot? Remember how cold it was!?!?!
    YES, me being Jay from Jerzy I was there w/Denny and Andrew Eldridge now known as A.E. motorsports

It was so cold, i havent been back since
    Jay Rogers
    Mic Byrd .....PowerPlants!!!!
    GARDEN STATE ISRA
    CRUSH GRAPHIXS...custom numbers and paint masks... just ask
    Balance By Bill Bugenis !!!!
    www.TheISraUsa.com

Hey Zippy and others! I did not edit that post, George apparently did. I didn't realize toes were being stepped on. I thought I was complementing both parties. and Jay is from Roseville not Jersey Jay. I know Roger from meeting him at BPR a couple of years ago. Great guy! Gus in Sacto

Hey SCR, what's that large cookie jar doing on your work bench? You trying to get the body of a real slotcar race? My personal favorite is EL Fudge Cookies!

Gus, all's well that ends well

Maybe I read things/meanings differently to you - no probs
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    Hey SCR, what's that large cookie jar doing on your work bench? You trying to get the body of a real slotcar race? My personal favorite is EL Fudge Cookies!
    hey Kvan don't think your cookies would keep very well in that cookie jar could get a little moist but clean
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

I was thinking the same thing Mic. The cookies would be all dissolved by the time it came out of that!

Kevin, that is an ultrasonic cleaner in the right rear corner.
    Gary Johnson

Mic/Gary, thanks for setting me straight on the ultrasonic cleaner. LOL

You'll have to excuse a big, scenile guy like me. When it comes to cookies, my imagination gets the best of me at times.