Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    hey Kvan don't think your cookies would keep very well in that cookie jar could get a little moist but clean
    Crisp or soggy when it comes to cookies it really doesn't matter.

As a matter fact, a nice plate of Oreo cookies and a big glass of milk for dunking sounds pretty good right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    Mic/Gary, thanks for setting me straight on the ultrasonic cleaner. LOL

You'll have to excuse a big, scenile guy like me. When it comes to cookies, my imagination gets the best of me at times.

location2 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

We all know KVAN doesn't really have that good of an imagination, he has a big long cookie aisle very handily located next to his favorite hang out. He's been seen there several times a week doing his "research" for the good of mankind.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Last night finished two new Bulldog 3s, got the bite bars installed, pin tubes and the .019" front wire. One chassis is spoken for, the other goes on the market, I think FX (with the camera hung around his neck) already came back to the workshop and nabbed it for a photo shoot. He was rude as usual. After that intrusion into my privacy, I continued working on a motor for the NORCAL race a week after the Nats. There's just too much stuff to prepare. Five classes for the Nats (1/32 F1, ES32, GTP, GT12 and 1/24 ES) and a week after the eurosport race we have LMP and GT12 out in Modesto on one of my favorite track, The Corkscrew. Slidergreg should stay another week and race with us out there, show us how to run the track and put us to shame.

I'm trying out one of those Cahoza bevelled mag set ups with a Super Wasp arm I just got back from the balancer. I believe Protodog 3 is ready to go for Modesto. OK, tonight I need to get back to mounting the 1/24 ES bodies.

More preparations for the 2012 USRA Scale Nats at Slot Car Raceway, Rohnert Park, California. Built up a 1/24 ES motor last night, a 19t24.5 in the Voki 18 mag set up. Sounds good and pulls about 5 amps at 2.5 volts, but needs a little more break in time this evening. While that one is breaking in, it'll be time to put the Valiko 18t24.5 back into my favorite set up, the Voki 10 mag. The 10 mag will go into the Horky car and the 18 mag will go into the Gugu Special. I'll do just a little testing on Sunday to see how these two motors do, but not too many laps, gotta save the brushes and not wear them out!

Where can I get my very own GuGu Special?
    Asking all things relevant-

Hey Jason! Right after the races are over. They used to say:Win on Sunday and sell on Monday. Don't come to the Nats with-out that Portague. Gus in Sacto

As long as he races that car on Sunday we all should be fine! I am worried about him racing that car on Saturday!
    Asking all things relevant-

Hey Jason! I was refering to Dana Silva. I realize GuGu is from Brazil and might be of Portuguese accent, but I'm in no position to be refering to him as such. Besides you just bring your "A" game and you'll do well. Gus in Sacto

Quote Originally Posted by Berteinstein View Post
    As long as he races that car on Sunday we all should be fine! I am worried about him racing that car on Saturday!
    Bert, I'm leaning towards the ol' Horky because it's such a known quantity. I know the tire wear and what it does in different track conditions. I've tried racing a new chassis in a major race before and was disapppointed, so I probably won't repeat such past mistakes! That said, I'll put in some more time practicing the Italian chassis on Sunday.

Hermanator reported in today, saw PG running 3.2s on red and 3.0s on orange. He said it was the good stuff, the race cars for the Nats. Looks like we all have our work cut out for us now. So, tomorrow (Sunday) it's off to Slot Car Raceway for more F1 testing, and trying out a few new motor ideas for 1/24 ES. Things are getting more and more interesting as the races draw closer.

Heading up to SCR in an hour and a half. Picking up LRS at the Design Studios of Sonoma, Calif. He's coming out of retirement for the Nats, so watch out...."got a minute?"

I'm done with testing. Two 1/24 ES motors to choose from, two chassis to choose from. So, chassis are cleaned, oiled and bagged. Won't see them out of their bags until Eurosport Day.

DSCN4589 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    I'm done with testing. Two 1/24 ES motors to choose from, two chassis to choose from. So, chassis are cleaned, oiled and bagged. Won't see them out of their bags until Eurosport Day.

so how did the testing go, which chassie are you favoring and why?
    Jay Rogers
    Mic Byrd .....PowerPlants!!!!
    GARDEN STATE ISRA
    CRUSH GRAPHIXS...custom numbers and paint masks... just ask
    Balance By Bill Bugenis !!!!
    www.TheISraUsa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey JayRo View Post
    so how did the testing go, which chassie are you favoring and why?
    Jay, I would be pleased with my 1/24 Eurosport program if it weren't for the fact Gawronski was running the same times as me on orange when I was testing on yellow (yellow being 5' shorter than orange). I ran some mid-3.0s with the Horky using two different motors. The Brazil Castricone was low 3.1s but harder to drive, but it all depends on how the track is on the day of the event. The two chassis are pretty equal really. I have some reports of PG running 2.9s on yellow, 3.0 on orange and 3.2 on red. Yesterday I ran 3.5 on red and it seemed insanely fast to me.

Here's a trap NOT to fall into: compare one's lap times with a guy who could be the fastest slotcar racer in the world...he's up there with Horky, Trigilio, Piero, G. Gilbert and a small handful of the usual ones in the final main at the Worlds. These guys are the best and they are in a class all by themselves.

The way out of the trap is to do this: prepare as well as possible, leave no stone unturned and use all your capability issued to you at your time of birth. That's about all we can do. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you really have to have fun and enjoy being with the people you are racing with. If it is all about winning, as it is for some, then you've pretty much missed the point.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you really have to have fun and enjoy being with the people you are racing with. If it is all about winning, as it is for some, then you've pretty much missed the point.[/QUOTE]

I'm very happy to see this part of a quote. So many forget this!! Like Crash says... let's have some fun and crash some $#%^.
    Jay Herrod