Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

When you take it to serious you know it is time to quit.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Here's a trap NOT to fall into: compare one's lap times with a guy who could be the fastest slotcar racer in the world...he's up there with Horky, Trigilio, Piero, G. Gilbert and a small handful of the usual ones in the final main at the Worlds. These guys are the best and they are in a class all by themselves.

The way out of the trap is to do this: prepare as well as possible, leave no stone unturned and use all your capability issued to you at your time of birth. That's about all we can do. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you really have to have fun and enjoy being with the people you are racing with. If it is all about winning, as it is for some, then you've pretty much missed the point.
    This may be single greatest quote I have read on this forum. Excellent advice SCR!!!
    Eli Pile

...probably the only guy you know who's name is a palindrome

I have the afternoon off from work, they did a Staff Appreciation Day, did a boring seminar on billing codes and another boring seminar on customer service, but then we went downstairs for the food. Oh boy. Grilled burgers, beans, potato salad, cupcakes, beer....it was too good. Got home at 3:00 it was so good.

Just finished a 1/32 ES for my friend LRS to run next Wednesday. I am also sponsoring him with my Horky 1/32 F1.

Untitled by svtgeorge, on Flickr

He should do really well with these cars after a 3-4 year layoff. LRS is an excellent slotcar racer.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Certainly agree with you. PG is in my fastest men on the planet group along with Horky,Korec, Trigilio, Castricone, Fyhr, Landrup and Cleave. Some people say Recek is quicker than Horky, we will find out at the warm up in Malmo. Any others to add to the list?

Quote Originally Posted by patraceruk View Post
    Certainly agree with you. PG is in my fastest men on the planet group along with Horky,Korec, Trigilio, Castricone, Fyhr, Landrup and Cleave. Some people say Recek is quicker than Horky, we will find out at the warm up in Malmo. Any others to add to the list?
    Chicky, Greg G, Beuf (although Beuf doesnt race Euro very often)
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

Finished a Mack ES32 for a friend to race at the Nats. He can only race on Wednesday as he works at a ritzy hotel in Sonoma with new management coming in this week. Anyway, after finishing the Mack I moved on to finishing up the mounting on a couple of 1/24 eurosport bodies. On these I am trying to minimize the amount of bullet proofing and using ninja stars with all the points cut off making them little discs with a hole in the middle. I like the use of the Slick 7 ninja product because it allows a metal to metal contact between the screw, and the body. Important to ream out the hole after the bullet proofing is applied over the ninja. I pretty much cut in half the amount of bullet proofing compared to a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    When you take it to serious you know it is time to quit.
    Just a small amendment to this Mike: when you take it too seriously, you know it is time to quit taking it too seriously and readjust your thinking into a healthier perspective. Quitting completely is only for those who take it too seriously but don't know that there is any alternative. If you don't recognize any alternative then yes, for sure it's time to find something else to do. Unfortunately people like this take up other competitive endeavors and go down the same road to self destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    I moved on to finishing up the mounting on a couple of 1/24 eurosport bodies. On these I am trying to minimize the amount of bullet proofing and using ninja stars with all the points cut off making them little discs with a hole in the middle. I like the use of the Slick 7 ninja product because it allows a metal to metal contact between the screw, and the body. Important to ream out the hole after the bullet proofing is applied over the ninja. I pretty much cut in half the amount of bullet proofing compared to a year ago.
    Funny you mention this today as I'm bulletproofing a ES24 body too (JK BMW for ISRA/USA style race in NJ). I tried really cutting down in bulletproof too to let the body "work" more, but I tore up 2 bodies with too little bulletproof on the front. For the rear mounts I just use a little piece of tape, but for the front I have gone back to using a 1/2" long by ~4mm high piece of rectangular lexan (the corners are chamfered so it wont poke through the body). I've found with too short of a piece at the front that any frontal impact, you know the type the front gets scrunched in, that the body mounts just rip out, even with cut down ninja stars (with the legs cut down by about half and double sided taped to the inside). So in this area I am maybe sacrificing a little speed for durability.
    Phil Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Raceway View Post
    Chicky, Greg G, Beuf (although Beuf doesnt race Euro very often)
    Maybe we need an annual challenge race between great wing and scale racers on both venues......kind of like the Wade 500!
    Last edited by Ingram; 03-20-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Alan Ingram

I hear Gawronski is pretty quick with a wing car too. Wouldnt mind seeing him and Beuf at the Wade 500 sometime racing the same classes lol
    James Grinstead

TEAM KOFORD

Why so serious?

James-
    Are you making the trip up to Frank's this year?
    Asking all things relevant-

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    Maybe we need an annual challenge race between great wing and scale racers on both venues......kind of like the Wade 500!

why not just make it the 500????? lol
    Jim Dalton
    Bone Bodies

ISCC
    Dub Motors
    PMP Chassis
    3rd Eye controllers
    jd102454@yahoo.com

Tonda Vojtic, Olli Kantamaa, Raivis Jansons?????????????
    Woodyatoaklands

Quote Originally Posted by Woody-England View Post
    Tonda Vojtic, Olli Kantamaa, Raivis Jansons?????????????
    Yup, yup....I guess look at the current ISRA rankings and that pretty much gives you the best of the best doesn't it Woody? Vojtic is incredible.

I turned my attention to GT12 bodies last night, mounting some LMPs at different spoiler heights. We found the Starfighter has to be slammed on top of the motor, but I'm not gonna do that with, say, a JK Audi R8.....that would be a pancake. Speaking of pancakes, where in the heck are Verdo and Stahl??? Those boys have disappeared. Anyway, back to body mounting. Also trying to decrease the bullet proofing while maintaining a good sturdy body mount. The more these low downforce LMPs move the better. I may have to go to SCR this weekend to try out some G12 motors in my test mule, but so far the motor in the race car is very good. OK, time to get to "work"...