Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Speaking of pancakes, where in the heck are Verdo and Stahl??? Those boys have disappeared....
    funny you mention that, was thinkin about those guys the other day, for so long they were everywhere, now a fly in the ointment
    Jay Rogers
    Mic Byrd .....PowerPlants!!!!
    GARDEN STATE ISRA
    CRUSH GRAPHIXS...custom numbers and paint masks... just ask
    Balance By Bill Bugenis !!!!
    www.TheISraUsa.com

Yes Chicky is very quick!!

Finished all the bodies for next week completing the GT12 bodies last night. On these mounts I've used Slick 7 Ninja Stars turned into Ninja Discs by cutting off all the points completely. Those were attached to the body with the 3M 950 gummy stuff, and then finally covered with bullet proofing only 1/4" X 1/2". This seems to be dimensions of about half of what I used a year ago. Now it's on to tires. I'll make some 2009 UFRA, some 2012 UFRA, some Proformance and some of Dave Harvey's Private Label.....
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Now it's on to tires. I'll make some 2009 UFRA, some 2012 UFRA, some Proformance and some of Dave Harvey's Private Label.....
    What, no Hermanators??? Speedshops??? or Roughcuts??? If you want to run with the big dogs, you have to get the good stuff!!

Speaking of tires, I run Slotcar Racer brand tires! I only have one customer....me. Cleaned up some wheels last night, three pairs of 2mm 800s, a pair of F1 wheels (.350 diameter), a set of ES32s, a pair of Cahoza 3/32" 800s and three pairs of 3/32 magnesium 800s. Put the latest batch of Proformance on the 3/32" hubs and the latest batch of UFRA on all the 2mm stuff. Got em glued last night and now they are in a box with the portable Mr. Dremel, .047" drill and sharp Xacto knife. At lunch I will drill out the set screw holes, then wack the excess off the sides. Tonight I can rough cut them.

Also disassembled one of my Bulldog 3s and gave it a good cleaning. Tonight I need to replace the axle bearings and put it back together. The other Bulldog 3 is running really well on the Testarossa, so I am going to try to get this second car as good as or maybe even better than the primary car on Sunday when I go up there.

Got the tires roughed down to around .700" last night. Today I'll get them finished off and round the corners.

We're not only prepping for the Nats right now, also for the NORCAL race at Modesto a week after the Eurosport race! Trying to improve my game with LMP class, working on some new motors with Contender arms, we'll see how they do on the Twister, but so far this year, Chakires has sailed off into the sunset, hasta la vista baby!

George
    Just wanted to wish you good luck next weekend. Hopefully there will be an online feed so those of us who couldn't make the race can at least watch it. I also hope I don't Kurt Goudy you by wishing you good luck. I know you'll make all us old codgers proud. Fred
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie View Post
    George
    Just wanted to wish you good luck next weekend. Hopefully there will be an online feed so those of us who couldn't make the race can at least watch it. I also hope I don't Kurt Goudy you by wishing you good luck. I know you'll make all us old codgers proud. Fred

gowdy by svtgeorge, on Flickr

Hi Fred, don't worry about Gowdying me, when you have as many miles on the clock as we do, we can use all the good wishes as possible! Unfortunately, there is only one phone line to Slot Car Raceway and it was probably installed around 1923. I'm not sure there's even cable service to the area where the track is. I do know for sure that there is no internet access and there is nobody who has the technical ability to set up a stream. As was mentioned elsewhere, there's going to be some Twitter coverage and photos from Jim Radford, and of course Owl Chump will provide photos and text.

Have fun at the Nats George, and good luck racing.
    The West Coast trip isn`t in my budget this year.
    I`m going to do a little regional racing during my vacation though and I will post some pictures.

Another gorgeous example from the LRS Design Studios of Sonoma, California...this year's F1 entry

F1 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Have fun at the Nats George, and good luck racing.
    The West Coast trip isn`t in my budget this year.
    I`m going to do a little regional racing during my vacation though and I will post some pictures.
    Thanks Mike, sorry you're unable to make it. Look forward to your photos from your upcoming vacation!

Been missing those beautiful LRS Yellow and Black cars.
    Mind on a permanent vacation
    The ocean is my only medication
    Wishin' my condition aint ever gonna go away

The beautiful yellow and black body is getting mounted on the Mack F1 car...yesterday I switched back to the Horky car, it seemed better, especially with about 28' choke. I added a 15' auxiliary choke to my orange handle Speedshop controller (the dedicated F1 controller!). The big choke tames the 45t29 Pro Slot arm in my ultra short Camen set up. Lots of fun yesterday seeing the Gilberts, Greg and Lee, Roy Hood, Gary Johnson, Roger and Laura Schmitt, Jay Herrod, Don Snider. There were a lot more boxes and pit spaces occupied than actual racers in the building....for sure a staking out of territory situation. LRS and I were relegated to The Ghetto (back room) which is actually kind of nice as it is away from all the noise of the raceway. We staked our claim on the far back corner table with good lighting.

LRS and I were relegated to The Ghetto (back room) which is actually kind of nice as it is away from all the noise of the raceway. We staked our claim on the far back corner table with good lighting.
    You don't the same treatment as you get at Mid-America??? Next to the front door in Feb.
    Mind on a permanent vacation
    The ocean is my only medication
    Wishin' my condition aint ever gonna go away

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    You don't the same treatment as you get at Mid-America??? Next to the front door in Feb.
    Haaa haaaa haaaaa.....actually, it will be even worse as the back doors will probably be open and cold air coming into The Ghetto. But, fortunately it is in the high 50s, low 60s right now whereas the front door location in Montgomery was -4 degrees!!! brrrrrrrrrr