Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Geez, it was only -4 degrees. I didn't realize you were such a "Sally".

Wish I was there!

SCR
    Good luck at the Nat's. I'm sure all the prep work will pay off for you.Looking forward to next years Nat's in my home state and on a good flat track that I get to run in our Garden State Isra series.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SCR
    Good luck at the Nat's. I'm sure all the prep work will pay off for you.Looking forward to next years Nat's in my home state and on a good flat track that I get to run in our Garden State Isra series.
    Thanks very much Mic, and congrats on the Scale Nats coming to your neighborhood next year. Should be a large attendance given the local interest at the raceway.

Last night I got things packed up and put in the car after finishing the body mount on my F1 car. Right now at "work" and hopefully out of here at 3pm, a few hours early so I can head up to SCR and get my tire situation settled. Working on cars for myself and for LRS who came out of retirement for this Wednesday activities. Once I get up to SCR I'll get the Twitter thing going.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Don't forget to feed the dogs!!!

Dogs just ate their kibble and the cat is howling for food. Chowing down on some cereal and then back in the car for the 50 minute drive to SCR. Last night put a set of tires on the GTP car. That thing has been sitting on the shelf in a zip loc waiting for today. After today out comes the motor and into the category of "things not often raced" along with the 1/32 F1. OK, time to jump in the car.

Good job yesterday SR. 1st and 3rd right out of the gate is a good start to the Nats.

39 entries for the first 2 classes is amazing considering neither class really gets raced on the west coast. That is about 30% better than last year !

Looks like it's shaping up to be a great event.
    Alan Ingram

Congrats George!
    Looks like the turnout is bigger this year than last.

Great job, George!!!

Finishing breakfast and about to drive back north to SCR. Didn't prepare enough yesterday....actually, not enough R&D and practice racing. Ran a 7T pinion when everyone else had 8T....so my car was pretty fast, but sort of like racing without 4th gear....kind of stuck in 3rd!!! Hermanator Pit Crew changed to a new set of Hermanators before the last heat on yellow to try to gain a higher gear ratio, but the Gawronskis were just too far out of reach by then....should have changed maybe on purple for a faster purple/black/yellow....it was possible to catch them if I had done that, but let's not do any wuda shuda cuda! OK, off to WORK

Well, here's what happened: heat #2 on red, couldn't see a car stopped in the lead on and wacked it so hard it knocked out the gear side axle bearing, lost the gear...then the fun of soldering a stubborn bearing back in the pillow block...lost a heat and a half.

SCR it looks like the top racers would have been in trouble if you didn't miss a heat and a half fixing your 12 car. After following this thread I now know what it takes to be 1 of the best in the country.Myself and my team mates are already looking forward to next years Nats.Been reading up on rules .you can ask the new scale director a few questions for me when he gets home.Good luck in 1/24 euro today.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Thanks Mic, for sure the car is blazing fast and competitive. Today I will be reminding myself that I will do anything I have to do to see the lead on turn. On the Testarossa that turn is really, really fast. As soon as you get out of the sharp radius middle of the esses and hit that last turn it's full punch...you can really get up a head of steam by the time you hit the main chute. I might make a periscope and bring it....either that or ask some of these guys to lose a few pounds.....oops, that would be me mostly....

SCR, congratulations on the National Scale Director gig. Should be a mighty duo with you and Mike Mazur. There hasn't been such a mighty duo since Batman & Robin, good luck.

Sorry about your GT12 luck, heck of a comeback to get the finish you had.

How was the consistency of the handout motors throughout the field?

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    SCR, congratulations on the National Scale Director gig. Should be a mighty duo with you and Mike Mazur. There hasn't been such a mighty duo since Batman & Robin, good luck.
    Thanks Kevin, it'll be an interesting journey for sure. I think Milton Gamble has finally turned USRA around evidenced by the fact the minimal controversy and a very smooth Nats event. Kevin, maybe you can keep the Batmobile oiled for me and Mazur? Oiler in Chief.....