Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

I have friends who live out there.
    I might come out to visit when I`m on vacation in May.
    Beautiful area to ride bicycles too, my other hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by team burrito View Post
    I get mine from McMaster-Carr & the part number is 4494A19 (same as 4494A52). It's called "Abrasive-Bristle Mandrel-Mount Disc 3/4" Diameter X 1/16" Thick, 80 Grit (Yellow)" & costs only $1.08 each. I use three on a mandrel & it lasts a long time, much longer than anything else I've tried. The best thing is it can clean in-between the teeth on 72P pinions, without rounding out the tips. George loved it so much, I had to let him keep it.
    I think it is the same as this: http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Brite-R...0&sr=8-2-fkmr0

Last night painted four Audi R10s for LMP and four Starfighters for GT12....might get me through the rest of the NORCAL season. Because of the fact bodies get pretty much destroyed in these races, I found some ways to cut down on time spent painting bodies. Up to now I've been spending quite a bit of time masking the front of the body, winglets and spoilers and doing three color painted drivers. Yesterday I shot the fronts of the bodies with Pactra silver using the airbrush so it has a pretty nice "fade" line, and did the driver in white only...later pen detailing. We'll see how this works out. Otherwise the cars themselves are pretty much ready for Saturday. Gotta go on Priceline for a motel room for Friday night.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    the driver in white only...later pen detailing.
    This is my option too. It seems the more time I spend detailing a body, the shorter its life
    Here are some examples, all with Sharpie color pens on the driver. Each driver takes less than 5 minutes.

Secret Project ... by pilmat, on Flickr
    Last edited by pilmat; 04-03-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: grammer
    Phil Matthews

Nice paint job.
    Sharpie Markers rule!

Looks like Phil and I are running similar colors!

DSCN4600 by svtgeorge, on Flickr
    One of them turned into an accident waiting to be fixed...I was spraying the fronts of these bodies first with the airbrush and the paint sloshed out of the paint cup all over this one body....

DSCN4598 by svtgeorge, on Flickr
    So what the heck, just keep applying silver and make the best of it!

DSCN4599 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

I like the colors, After the Nats on a black track i now know my blue and yellow is not going to work anymore. Time for a change.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Mike, wait until you get older and can't see as good as you do now. Florescent colors rule in our gerital world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First comes florescent paint, then the Depends. At least thatrs what I've been told.

i could see it but everyone else could not see it. They said the car would just appear on there butt lol.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    i could see it but everyone else could not see it. They said the car would just appear on there butt lol.
    That could explain the need for Depends. You younger guys coming up too fast on us and scarring the sh.... right out of us. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Looks like Phil and I are running similar colors!
    Great minds think alike! LOL Those colors are only for the F1 car, I'm not good at masking all those funky curves...

My normal colors are the ones in the background.

Speaking of running the same colors, we gotta do something about that in F1 ES. I don't get why we run "real" F1 colors, but run them on any body ?!? Seems like a World's level rule we could skip
    Phil Matthews

Been home sick the past couple of days, nothing really serious, just a major chest cold. Nice to have some time to sort out all the carnage from last week. Got the rest of the bodies finished to being mount-ready. So, I'll get those on today

DSCN4601 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

Also disassembled Protodog yesterday for cleaning, aligning and rebuilding. This is the one I ran a month ago in the NORCAL race

DSCN4602 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

Wink

That's funny Slotcar Racer. I always say I'm sick when I've got too much slotcar work to do as well. Hope you're feeling better I usually feel better after I think all my cars are dialed in for the next race. I've been sick for about the last 7 months now.
    Jay Herrod

You must have got it from me I have been sick since last thursday and I am still waiting for my ears to pop.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

George,

Is the flouro pink that you use, rattle paint? If not, what is it?

I have painted my cars floro pink for years - mainly 'cos I can see the flouro colours better

The only difference being that I paint the front part of my bodies white.
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo