Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Sorry forgot to add. You can get these motors from Dave Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by patraceruk View Post
    Sorry forgot to add. You can get these motors from Dave Harvey.
    I'm wondering if there is much, if any, advantage to this over the Camen ultrashort. I think if anything we are looking at perhaps moving the entire armature and endbell rearward .025"-.030". I have been running an older Horky chassis, perhaps a 2009 version. This is probably the last Horky F1 chassis with a fairly large motor box measuring .570" lengthwise. My Camen motor fits right down INSIDE that motor box which is why I like it so much...it gets the motor as low as possible and uses the Vitula hypoid gear. It looks like this Vokiford motor would fit with a little room to spare. I believe Herman owns one and will take a closer look at it. Thanks for taking care of KVAN, being an "inquiring mind" he gets a bit cranky if he doesn't have his BSCRA magazine.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

BSCRA Magazine, the best slot car magazine around. Thank you Pat for taking such good care of us subscribers.

Don't believe George! I am not cranky due to my very much missed issue, I was just born that way.

Hey Scr,

Give Roger a call @ Mid-America. Back in '08 when I was competitve in F1, Roger built my car and a peanut motor as you are referring, 38/28 .270 stack, .400 tall, can length .510. can & end bell .8125.

I don't know what the stuff is, probably Koford, but it was good enough for TQ & 1st @ '08 North American Masters and 1 lap back of Greg G. @ The '08 Flat Track Worlds. Granted I had a home track advantage early on @ MA, but lap times were better or as good as I'm doing now. He built me 2 motors with different winds, I think I need to get those back out again and do a little more testing, I've just been such a Lemming lately. Although anything I have that was built by Voki has been really good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    Hey Scr,

Give Roger a call @ Mid-America. Back in '08 when I was competitve in F1, Roger built my car and a peanut motor as you are referring, 38/28 .270 stack, .400 tall, can length .510. can & end bell .8125.

I don't know what the stuff is, probably Koford, but it was good enough for TQ & 1st @ '08 North American Masters and 1 lap back of Greg G. @ The '08 Flat Track Worlds. Granted I had a home track advantage early on @ MA, but lap times were better or as good as I'm doing now. He built me 2 motors with different winds, I think I need to get those back out again and do a little more testing, I've just been such a Lemming lately. Although anything I have that was built by Voki has been really good for me.
    I remember that F1 race very well, and someone loaned Tore Anderson a car and he cut me for third place!!! That still stings, but the dude is a great racer....like YOU! Yeah, get those motors out, sometimes it's good to "go back to the future".

Speaking of " back to the future", the last Great Lakes Isra race @ Chicagoland Raceway, has me down that road again.

I put together a spare JRL car for a, new to scale racing local, that was unable to attend.

I had installed one of my old favorite ProSlot set ups with a small diameter contender arm and geared it ??????. It was really good! Much better than my standard car, which has the current rage of large diameter arm in a Cahoza setup. It has opened my eyes from those trends, and the need to get to Mid-America and see if it is as good there.

As the SCR saying goes, test, test and then test some more.

LOL! Thanks for the trip down memory lane Scr.

At the time, I didn't realize what an honor it was to be flanked by two of the best slot car racers the US has produced, as well as the privilege to race with all of the great ones, such as yourself, that have come through the doors at Mid-America over the years Roger & Laura have been in business.

I picked a great time to change hobbies and start slot car racing, I've had a blast!

As a huge fan of the USRA IRL class when is someone going to bring out a shell of the new DW12. It would make an awesome slot car. Come on Gugu, let's have ya. Wish we raced the class in the UK.

Got a bunch of reconditioned arms back from Beuf yesterday and managed to load some of them into set ups. Got five motors broken in. I got a report from Fresno that the hobby shop guys did some woodworking last week and laid down a nice layer of sawdust on the tracks. CRASH CODGER tried to test stuff the other day but it didn't yield much data because of how loose the track was. I'm driving down to Fresno first thing tomorrow morning and I sure hope somebody will clean the tracks, afterall with a big race (100+ entries) on Saturday you'd think the raceway would want to present itself as best as possible!

Well George if the guys that work at hobbytown were racers like is and bot worrying about their dungion and dragons crap yes it would be a very nice clean track
    2011/2012 Nascar SCRA Champion
    2011/2012 SCRA Champion
    Sandbag Motorsports......always keep them guessing!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/Sandbagmotorsports?ref=bookmark
    ProSlot LTD
    Third Eye Technology

Maybe tomorrow morning we'll have a track cleaning party???? See ya there
    Jay Herrod

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    Yeah Jay me and eldean will be coming on Saturday leaving manteca around 5-5:30 if you can save me a spot thanks !!!
    2011/2012 Nascar SCRA Champion
    2011/2012 SCRA Champion
    Sandbag Motorsports......always keep them guessing!!!
    https://m.facebook.com/Sandbagmotorsports?ref=bookmark
    ProSlot LTD
    Third Eye Technology

Pat,

I agree with you. I've always felt that JRL (stands for Jerry's Racing League, since JK made the first chassis for this class) is one of the best flat track classes. It is run in all of the US ISRA monthly series, but only occasionally at the USRA Nats. (The track owner gets to choose between JRL and 4.5" Nascar (which I personally think is the most challenging banked track class in the USRA rulebook). An unhappy dichotomy, I think.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    Track was cleaned last night and was very fast needs to be rubbered in some more. We clean the track once a week and fred was still going fast the day he said it was saw dusted I put a 100 laps in the black lane he was testing in before he started. I ran as fast a laps I have run on the track after cleaning the dust off on tuesday.
    The track is ready for racing!
    Last edited by Flyin Brian; 05-04-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    Go fast or go Home.