Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Slotcar Racer Sorry to hear your under the weather always at a bad time . Feel better soon
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

I blame this all on George... Couldn't find 3/32 piano wire local, looked high and low. Yesterday I made a trip to Lowes with my calps and started measuring finishing nails until I found some that were just right. 40 2" long finishing nails/dummy axles $1.25. Winner! Cut the tops off this morning and gave them a quick buff. The pointy end worked great on the stack of foam board I'm using to hold it.

Now it's time to start spraying and dipping in lacquer thinner. Wish me luck!

Thumbs up

Lo-buck and functional, I like it!
    Guy Middleton
    Everything I was taught in Engineering school I had already learned from slot cars....

Called in sick today, spent the whole weekend flat on my back. But I see what Rocky did with the nails and feel a little better now! Good job buddy, looks real good. I haven't gotten a race report from CRASH CODGER yet, Hermanator says he got 4th in GT12 using my loaner chassis. Time to cut up an apple and go back to bed, the big beagle is wondering where I went.

I've had some sort of bad virus for 2 weeks now... and so has my buddy Craig R. I guess we can't blame each other for giving it to us this time, since you're about 800 miles from Craig and 8,000 miles from me!

What the hey - we can all just blame Mike Stahl again anyway! (even though he was nowhere near us - LOL)
    (Didn't he get blamed for giving half the people at the ISRA Worlds or Masters the flu last year?)

Get well soon - all I can say is to drink plenty of fluids and get lots of sleep! Lay off the ice cold water & Peets Coffee, though!

When you get better and next time you see CRASH CODGER - see if you can help him out with logging in to OWH. It seems he emails me about every few months that he's forgotten or lost his password, can't log in, can't post, or some sort of problem. Maybe he needs to take off the darned magnifier goggles at least while trying to type!

In the mean time - it would be nice if someone could post the Modesto race results!

Get well Slotcar Racer - we miss your daily updates!

PK
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

NORCAL Keeps all of their stats (thank you Bluey) here:

http://www.norcalscra.com/2010_2011/...20results.html

Enjoy!
    Asking all things relevant-

I didn't realise that Modesto has got the same track as Fresno?

motor Build

Slotcar Racer
    have 11 c-can motors to blueprint and build and 3 euro's first 3 complete wating on arms
    http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...7625785352824/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0411..jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	8277  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0410..jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	8278  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0412..jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	8279  

Last edited by Mic Byrd; 03-07-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Hey Zip! The tracks are not the same. There are similarities. Fresno is slightly longer, driver panel is split at modesto, making view points very different from one half to the other, the lower straight at Fresno ends with a left squigle into a 270 degree turn and Modesto ends into a non-blip full-on 180 degree turn. Similar in photo but very different in person. Gus in Sacto

Gus

I was talking tongue-in-cheek coz the photos of the Modesto meet are the wrong ones - they are in fact the Fresno pics

The link is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I didn't realise that Modesto has got the same track as Fresno?
    Aha! Now I get it! At first I thought you were just referring to the fact that Fresno & Modesto both have Hillclimb tracks...

But I was just looking at the pics on the Norcal SCRA site (link on post #261), and I now saw the duplicate photos for the Modesto race.

Not only do the tracks look identical... but all the same guys are driving and turn marshalling!!! Talk about Deja Vu!

Either you didn't catch that, or were most likely being sarcastic, and I didn't catch it.

It appears that the "photos" and "concours" links still point to the Fresno race pics. No doubt a simple "copy & paste" over-site.

I do look forward to looking at the Modesto pics, once the link is fixed and/or the photos posted!

PK

P.S. - Oops!!! When I wrote my post - my browser had already been opened to this thread, and I had not seen your above post yet! DOH!

Now I see I was right about you being sarcastic (I should have guessed). Now where's that darned "sarcasm" smiley when you need it?
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 03-08-2011 at 02:58 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Called in sick today, spent the whole weekend flat on my back.
    Time to cut up an apple and go back to bed, the big beagle is wondering where I went.
    Did Slot Car Racer get his Flu Shot this year???????
    Mind on a permanent vacation
    The ocean is my only medication
    Wishin' my condition aint ever gonna go away

SCR:

Der Docker Sapslot tas take two dwops ew Skinner Red Tire cleaner on yur tires and gwets plentwey oovf Sleptenzy.

Note I got over what you had last month by eating plenty of Chicken Pho with hot sauce. Along with my on a daily one a day vitamin B complex.

Raymond
    Last edited by Slapshot; 03-08-2011 at 07:44 AM.

Flu shot or no flu shot, I still get the bug once a year. Mother Nature will always be one step ahead our science.

Get well Slotcar Racer, we miss you!

Slotcar Racer leaves the thread for a few days and look what happens. All this stuff about hillclimbs again. What is it about hillclimbs that's so interesting? When I bought my raceway in 1995, the hillclimb was the first track I got rid of, Scott bought it from me. I guess as far as hillclimbs go, it was a nice one, a Tunkel. Really long, I think 180'. First day I walked into my new (old) store, I found a plant sitting forgotten behind the hillclimb. It's now a monstrous thing taking over our entire dining room.

Kevin, you are absolutely correct, I get the flu shot on schedule every year, but some kind of virus always wreaks havoc for the good part of a week!! I'm more or less vertical today, take one more day off then get back to "work" where I'll probably end up making 50 pairs of glasses by the end of the week. It's going to be a big pile of trays, I just know it. I might give the chicken pho vitamin b complex a try later on, hold the hot sauce. I want to get back to slotcar racing, but that will probably be later in the week. I want to get some things together to test at SCR this weekend, particularly GT12 for the Nats.