Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by 86ed once again View Post
    Come down to Victorville lol Its gonna be a brisk 90 degrees today
    Come on James, man up and put on that sweat shirt!
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

We're already at 90 here in Sacramento... Going to get a couple degrees hotter before the end of the day... I wish I was down there George! 68 sounds MUCH nicer!
    Michael Colvin

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    We're already at 90 here in Sacramento... Going to get a couple degrees hotter before the end of the day... I wish I was down there George! 68 sounds MUCH nicer!
    Maybe if we stretch a long piece of TQ shuntwire between here and there it can be used as a heat sink....

Evidence that Slotcar Racer has been working on tires during lunch in the parking lot...
    photo-45
    Further evidence that something is going on with donuts, tires, xacto knife, Dremel....
    photo-46
    What's the world coming to with all this crazy slotcar activity?
    photo-44

Happy 4th of July to all my friends at Slot Racer today!
    Go fast or go Home.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin Brian View Post
    Happy 4th of July to all my friends at Slot Racer today!
    flag
    Last edited by Slotcar Racer; 07-05-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Quite a busy day today, finished up the 70 pairs of tires I started on the weekend, twenty 3/32" .400D hubs, five pair 3/32" .490D hubs, twenty five 1/32 ES, and twenty 1/24 ES. I used the R-GEO pin pricker thingy to get the tires down to around .725", then it was easy to take them down from there using the standard diamond wheel on the Hudy. All that should last for quite a while!

Also painted a couple of .005" Audi R10s for Seattle eurosport and three more long Starfighters.

Next, take the beagles out for their two mile investigation of the neighborhood, then when we get back, we'll fire up the barbie. Wife is at work today, but instructed me to cook up a couple of burgers for her for tomorrow. Instructions were to chop up onions and blend into the ground beef along with some turmeric and some curry powder. I'll have to try that on my turkey burger too, sounds good. Hope everyone's having a great Independence Day!

George, are you saying your wife eats beef while you eat turkey????? Just askin'!!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    George, are you saying your wife eats beef while you eat turkey????? Just askin'!!
    Dave
    You got it right Dave. I stopped beef a few months ago and since then have felt much better in a lot of ways. The turmeric and curry powder with the diced onions was a really good idea too.

Well, I finally opened my package from the Czech Republic and now it's time to glue these gears. Notice no set screws. Chris told me to roughen the axles in four places, then score a few grooves inside the gear hubs. Mix up that UHU Endfest 300 epoxy and apply to the axle and inside of hub. Then he said to heat the axle a little with a lighter and the glue will turn clear and thin out a bit, then slide the gear on the hub. Heat it at 200 degrees for an hour or so, then off you go. Looking forward to trying these in final testing this weekend.
    DSCN4705

SCR
    Started a FX JRL build so I will have all 3 to test and compare .going to test some X-25 Chassis on the Englemen for the North American ISRA Championship in September.Next Thursday will be doing this testing before the G-10 race and B-pro Race on the devil.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SCR
    Started a FX JRL build so I will have all 3 to test and compare .going to test some X-25 Chassis on the Englemen for the North American ISRA Championship in September.Next Thursday will be doing this testing before the G-10 race and B-pro Race on the devil.
    Cool, you're going to the G10 race next week, I saw that announcement on another slot site. Whole different ballgame on an Engleman! Is the FX chassis anything new, or the same design from before? I know Ron was talking about a whole new design.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Cool, you're going to the G10 race next week, I saw that announcement on another slot site. Whole different ballgame on an Engleman! Is the FX chassis anything new, or the same design from before? I know Ron was talking about a whole new design.
    Same design Speedzone had it hanging on the wall. Where going to run the Englemen in September At the ISRA championship so everyone can get some run time for the USRA Nats . My old track NJ SlotSpot (now Closed) Had An englemen also but the back straight had a little kick in it just before the donut so I've got my share on time on it . We use to run the Englemen in the Garden state series then they got the devil haven't been on it since.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

George, that's funny but it can't hurt you!!

"I stopped beef a few months ago and since then have felt much better in a lot of ways. The turmeric and curry powder with the diced onions was a really good idea too."

I have been on tuna binges, chicken binges and turkey binges and they all worked. For a bit. Then I got weak while passing the butcher counter and it was all over, just no self-discipline I guess. And I will pass on your wife's seasoning process to the chef.
    Thx.

Did a lot of work last night preparing for the upcoming Seattle Flat Track Worlds. Put most of my efforts into preparing GT12s with several motor assemblies and putting together the various Mack chassis, Protodog 3, Dog 1 and Dog 2. Tonight it's time to get out the Gugu Special and Horky chassis to put together 1/24 ES cars. Owl mailed my motors to me, so I should have those on Saturday, they're all rebuilt and ready to do battle with the Speed Crazed Morons of the Northwest.