Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    I'd take that box and it's contents.... just sayin'. Have a good time up there Slotcar Racer.
    You should be going too Jay.
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Raceway View Post
    Gary,
    What did you happen to gear the S16C for Chris? Hopefully the final drive is about as low as you can get it Should work the best that way, same for his GT12
    Same way I gear mine. the S16C is 8/43 and the GT12 is 7/43. That usually puts the peak speed on the straight right about the Green drivers panel. But it makes the car easier to drive in the Esses so it is worth the trade off.
    Gary Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    You should be going too Jay.
    So should you Alan!
    Gary Johnson

I would've but I only have 2 of the class cars they're running.... maybe next year I'll dive into the euro stuff and a wing or two. Hope you all have a good time!
    Jay Herrod

Come on up Jay! We'll find cars you can run!
    Gary Johnson

Thumbs up

I appreciate that Gary. Thank you. There's just not enough time in my schedule this week to make it happen. I'll get to the euro stuff soon enough, then you wont be able to get rid of me. Good luck to you guys this week.
    Jay Herrod

for those that can't make the Flats this year, ya need to consider the Wade Raceway 500 in October..... most of the same classes plus the wings.....
    Jim Dalton
    Bone Bodies

ISCC
    Dub Motors
    PMP Chassis
    3rd Eye controllers
    jd102454@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by GearBear View Post
    Same way I gear mine. the S16C is 8/43 and the GT12 is 7/43. That usually puts the peak speed on the straight right about the Green drivers panel. But it makes the car easier to drive in the Esses so it is worth the trade off.
    i will be running 7/43 on my gtp and either 6/44 or 7/44 on gt12.. the 50 deg arms rev to the moon
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Raceway View Post
    i will be running 7/43 on my gtp and either 6/44 or 7/44 on gt12.. the 50 deg arms rev to the moon
    Remember Dub, The White is a much shorter track and can use the lower gear ratio. The Twister is a much faster track and it doesn't work as well with the lower gear ratio. But if you don't give up too much shoot speed go for it!
    Gary Johnson

I have the slotcar suitcase packed, the thing weighs 47 pounds on the bathroom scale, better not add anything or Southwest will be charging an arm and a leg. I had to use a second smaller suitcase for clothes, tires and FETroller 2. Usually two suitcases required for a major trip like this. Found out wife has tomorrow and Monday off, perfect for drop off at the Oakland Airport tomorrow morning and for pick up next Monday night around 8:30. Sure is much more convenient than parking the car a few miles from Oakland and taking the tram. Hermanator is leaving a few hours before me tomorrow and will be waiting at Seatac. We pick up our Avis Wrent a Wreck and head down to Edgewood to set up our junk. Can't wait to see all the guys, gals and curmudgeons up at Pacific Slot Car Raceway, Edgewood, WA, site of the 2012 Flat Track Worlds.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Remember Dub, The White is a much shorter track and can use the lower gear ratio. The Twister is a much faster track and it doesn't work as well with the lower gear ratio. But if you don't give up too much shoot speed go for it!
    Your right Gary. I'm just hoping for an easy to drive car since i don't know the track as well.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

Who is driving the rental???

we will flip a coin.....(refer to Mcclarens lewis and jenson animation)

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Who is driving the rental???

how about a rental race??? (See Days of Thunder rental car scene for story line) loser buys lunch?

So should you Alan!
    If there were any way possible Gary you know I would be there in a heart beat.
    Alan Ingram