Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

George, all us Seattle racers will be looking forward to you running the short (ISRA) Audi R-10 at the 2013 Flat Track Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Berteinstein View Post
    or did you mean to say

"To me chassis looks good quality in photos" with medium to heavy Russian accent.
    Автомобиль выглядит хорошо, да?
    that's a wrap!

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    Автомобиль выглядит хорошо, да?
    Yup, that's pretty much a wrap Vegas.

Sorry my posting efforts have fallen off friends, my job change has eliminated my "office hour" every morning that made Slotcar Racer Today a daily effort....or almost every day. I hope to resume soon, but right now the change at work has really consumed my brain-space.

My current slot efforts are directed towards Frank's B'day race in a few weeks. I might be driving up to Boise in October which is relatively cost effective, especially if the Hermanator rides shotgun.

Wife and I decided to delay our yearly vacation to next Spring, and now that I am working on the main UC Berkeley campus, I will not be using vacation time between Xmas and New Years. So, I have some more vacation time to burn. I would like to go to Dustyn's place because he has been so supportive of other race events. The Idaho bunch went to the Nats this year and they were at The Flats, so I kind of feel a need to reciprocate and visit them on their home turf. Not a solid commitment right now, but looking more likely! Stay tuned.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Back from a short 4 day vacation and got FX JRL Built will post pictures latter tonight . Have to wait for axle spacers to get here to finish front wheels. will do motor tonight and set rear up and take some pictures .Works getting crazy have a bunch of motors to get ready. Waiting for my new comm lathe to get here from Dave L all set up with adjustable V block and cutter for capped comms.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Back from a short 4 day vacation and got FX JRL Built will post pictures latter tonight . Have to wait for axle spacers to get here to finish front wheels. will do motor tonight and set rear up and take some pictures .Works getting crazy have a bunch of motors to get ready. Waiting for my new comm lathe to get here from Dave L all set up with adjustable V block and cutter for capped comms.
    That's good you got out of Dodge a few days. Is the FX indycar the latest chassis from Ron, or the one that's been out for a long time? What do you use for front wheels, the JKs? Which axle spacers are you waiting for? Many questions, inquiring minds have to know! Looking forward to the pictures. Good thing you got the comm cutter from David, I send mine to him every two years for a tune up and it always comes back working so well. I too have the "axial support" V block, that makes adjusting for arm length so easy! And the pointed diamond bit is the best one to have, I do all my Valikos and PKs on it (with caps) plus I do all the uncapped comms, it works fine for them too.

SCR the spacers I need are the 3/32 by .150 so I can get the tires as close to the 3.269 as I can don't want to stack a bunch of small spacers to do the job. Its the older FX chassis . easy to put together parts fit a little loose so you need extra solder and have to adjust pieces to get them to sit straight but all in all easier then the HNR by a long shot .Mack is still the best chassis kit out there as far as assembly goes.So back to work on the motor will take picks when its done in an hour or so.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

thats cool George, I look forward to seeing you again, since I drive truck for a living and cant get to many races much anymore. I do plan on attending both nats and Hope and Pray worlds next year

FX JRL 95% done have to do pin tubes going to go with floating front . need to paint a body also . the motor is a tribute to Monty my Friend its a mag shiffter can from BOW and a proslot end bell and a BOW stinger arm .550 dia 45* in a .570 hole bearings both ends sounds great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FX JRL 2..jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	11397  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FX JRL 3..jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	11398  

Name:	FX JRL 1..jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	11399  

Name:	mag shiffter 2..jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	11400  

Name:	mag shiffter 1..jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	11401  

Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Im guessing that big arm has a nice soft throttle curve?

Quote Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6 View Post
    Im guessing that big arm has a nice soft throttle curve?
    Yes the big dia arms are very smooth that's why I uses them in JRL but there no slouches for b-pro either
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    FX JRL 95% done have to do pin tubes going to go with floating front . need to paint a body also . the motor is a tribute to Monty my Friend its a mag shiffter can from BOW and a proslot end bell and a BOW stinger arm .550 dia 45* in a .570 hole bearings both ends sounds great.
    Good looking lump Mic! I have one of those Ultimate Racing blocks too, I'm a sucker for red anodyzing. The BOW motor is very, very cool. I think you will do some good racing with that diameter arm and the air gap. Less magnet mass and more arm diameter, very good for the open wheeler. Did you put a shim under your guide tongue to get the front end slammed? Also noticed the top front suspension piece is off. I realize that is all regular practice. Nice work, give us a test report. I wonder if JK or Red Fox will come out with one of the new Indycar bodies, the strange hybrid looking thing. I tried to watch the race at Sonoma last night but got bored really quickly. Looking forward to Spa. Spoke with CRASH CODGER last night and he told me the story of when he was in Belgium for one of the plastic body car races. CRASH, GUGU, Chris R and four others had a rental van and a whole day to burn, so they drove to Spa and ended up taking a lap on the track with the van, Chris at the wheel. Must have been a blast!

Mic,

When you test it, try it with a piece of tape over the center hinge. Mine handled better that way. Better yet, ask Jerry H to tune it up. He runs circles around us with that chassis!

Greg

I finally got enough energy to work on some cars. Doing lab work all day....I'm not as young as I used to be! Anyway, worked on some stuff for the Frank Sarkela 60th Anniversary World Cup at Slot Car Raceway, Rohnert Park, Calif (SOT2006,2008A2012USRASN). Set up two LMP cars, both with JK Products BMW bodies, two different tire sizes....one having oversized tires for a slightly taller rear end ratio. I have two GT12s ready to go, one is good for high 3.4s on the track (Starfarter body, of course) and I just need to build the other motors. Sent all the arms to Beuf for reconditioning after the Flat Track Worlds, now just need to load them into the set ups and break em in. Hopefully I'll get parts to build a new 16D set up and maybe I can play on the Blue King with the real NASCAR competition. Not my best track, but fun to do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    . I have two GT12s ready to go, one is good for high 3.4s on the track (Starfarter body, of course) and I just need to build the other motors.
    Hey Geo... do you realize you hit the "4" for 3.4 for GT12? Just checking? Tell me you meant 3.6
    Jay Herrod

No Jaybird, he does mean .3.4's...Not the first time he's done that...
    I sent a note out to the group just now about my trip to Carson City...Had a great time, getting my shorts handed to me by Donn and Jason...
    time for me to get to work..
    later crash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    Hey Geo... do you realize you hit the "4" for 3.4 for GT12? Just checking? Tell me you meant 3.6
    If you're serious about Slotcars get Cars By Crash