Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Started to get my new Dubik 1/24 euro chassis ready doing axle bearings now hope to test later today at the Garden State ISRA Club. Meeting my Club buddy's there later today for a test and tune session . Don't have a motor ready for it will run a new 1/32 motor with a PK/bow wound 23-25 1/2 .500 with single Camen mags need to run motor in anyway. Monty wound this arm for me on a PK blank about a year ago about time I put it to work.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Back home from club good day testing euros. The Dubik with a little tuning was out standing the motor woke up after about 100 laps don't remember if I ever broke it in . its still not a rocket but very good with 16 feet of choke . I built it as a 1/32 motor but it mite stay where its at. best Lap was 3,019 almost under 3 seconds on a so so track surface with old rubber on it . the Horky with a hot 19/25 six mag set up was just to hot for the surface couldn't get it under 3.1. got to say I was very impressed with the Dubik chassis . hard to pick 1 over the other .
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

I had a great race at the Tri State ISRA in Bristolville, Ohio this past weekend.

Won Open 12 and B Production with Power Plants by Mic B.

Also had my first good race with the JRL and I won the Lites Class.

Thanks for all the good information found on this thread.
    Sometimes I think I`m getting too old to play with Toy Cars, but I am still competitive, and still learning so I guess I`ll keep racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Back home from club good day testing euros. The Dubik with a little tuning was out standing the motor woke up after about 100 laps don't remember if I ever broke it in . its still not a rocket but very good with 16 feet of choke . I built it as a 1/32 motor but it mite stay where its at. best Lap was 3,019 almost under 3 seconds on a so so track surface with old rubber on it . the Horky with a hot 19/25 six mag set up was just to hot for the surface couldn't get it under 3.1. got to say I was very impressed with the Dubik chassis . hard to pick 1 over the other .
    Mic, I've been hearing a lot of positive comments about Dubick. Hermanator stopped by last night to borrow a few supplies for the Boola Bash on Friday and said he ran one rented from Lee at The Wade. Loved it.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    I had a great race at the Tri State ISRA in Bristolville, Ohio this past weekend.

Won Open 12 and B Production with Power Plants by Mic B.

Also had my first good race with the JRL and I won the Lites Class.

Thanks for all the good information found on this thread.
    Sometimes I think I`m getting too old to play with Toy Cars, but I am still competitive, and still learning so I guess I`ll keep racing.
    That Mic Byrd builds stout motors for sure. Glad to hear you had a successful day last weekend Mike.

I'm well prepared for Saturday's race on the flat track at Hobbytown in Fresno on Saturday. We scrubbed the race at Carson City due to much uncertainty about the weather going over the formidable Donner Pass. The Carson City race will now be in May instead. Anyway it'll be fun to return to the yellow track designed by Crash Codger. It should be well broken in by now. What a fun layout.

It is really tempting to head down to Buena Park and at least run 1/24 ES...we'll see how it goes on Friday. It just feels like spreading the gravy a bit too thin.

I've bought one as well and it handles very well.... even with the tires high, unlike my Piero. I'm sure many will try this chassis and love it.
    Jay Herrod

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    It is really tempting to head down to Buena Park and at least run 1/24 ES...we'll see how it goes on Friday. It just feels like spreading the gravy a bit too thin.
    Ahh, but good gravy it should be! Come on down.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Mic, I've been hearing a lot of positive comments about Dubick. Hermanator stopped by last night to borrow a few supplies for the Boola Bash on Friday and said he ran one rented from Lee at The Wade. Loved it.
    That is an understatement! Herman's Euro at the 500 was incredible! That car was on rails! I've yet to drive one, but from what I've seen of it at the 500 and at PSCR, it is a great handling chassis and the best part is it is far cheaper than the Castricone and the Horky.
    Gary Johnson

I was way impressed with the Dubik . Put some laps on it at the Speedzone after our Garden State Isra race's this past Sunday it was as Gary said on rails. What impressed me most was the way it ran on high tire I cut the set to my normal .655 and it was high for the Dubik have it jigged for 44 tooth 80 pitch the horky is jigged for 45 tooth 80 pitch .The Dubik ran very well after adding a little weight around the guide flag . Lee had told us about this Thank you Lee . it just got better and better as the tires wore down . Think I need a little more horse Power for the devil its 25 feet longer then our Club UK Black. a lot of movement in the rear end of the Dubik compared to the Horky and very well built just like the Horky I would recommend this chassis to anyone serious into euros think I mite Have a chance to win a race or 2 with it and my Horky. Now if i could get some motors together I will be all set.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

"Dubik 1/24 euro chassis"

Who sells it?

How much?

Any photos?
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

http://www.shoppscr.com/dubick-2012-...00?keyword=dub

Dubick 2012 1/24 Eurosport Chassis Assembled
    Price: $215.00 Per Each
    Availability: 2 - 3 Days
    Model: DE100
    Manufacturer: Dubick
    Average Rating: Not Rated

I think I got to the line first Gary!

Thanks Guys