Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

I made it a mission the last couple of days to read this thread, start to finish. I've read certain parts, based on topics from the index, and have kept current since May of 2012, but always felt I'd possibly missed a bunch of inormative stuff in between.

Man... That was a lot of reading. I think my brain may explode! Lots of golden nuggets hidden in this thread, George!
    Michael Colvin

Finally the work week is over and it was a busy one. Now I have four days off and can get some real work done. Need to get some rebuilds taken care of, thrown in a box with a shipping label slapped on it and toss it on a postal truck if I see one whizzing by. Did some testing last Saturday with one of my NORCAL buddies. The GT12s generally ran in the 3.2-3.3 range on the Corkscrew, but that may be slow the way those Modesto boys have learned lots of tricks. Oh yeah, I finally grew some brain cells and found a better way to store my NORCAL motors, all those C Cans. Found a nice plastic multi compartment box in the garage, the gear box from Fastrax (complete with the barcode labels) so now I don't have to try to fit a bunch of those Koford plastic motor boxes in my pit box....cuz the big tackle box doesn't fit anywhere! Anywho, it makes it much easier to find motors.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

SCR
    We have a new track in route to the Garden State Isra Club . The UK Black will see its last race this coming weekend and then the Ashland Anaconda will be set up . Can't wait World class track at The Garden State Isra Club.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Couldn't work on 1/32 Dubik F-1 didn't have 2 mill bearings that where the same so while I'm waiting for them .I put the new FX JRL together and here it is . will do front and rear axle later today have 5 sets of mags to bake in now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FX JRL 2..jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	12189  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FX JRL 1..jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	12190  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FX JRL 3..jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	12191  

Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Merry Christmas everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SCR
    We have a new track in route to the Garden State Isra Club . The UK Black will see its last race this coming weekend and then the Ashland Anaconda will be set up . Can't wait World class track at The Garden State Isra Club.
    I'm really happy to see the Anaconda going back into service. We ran this track for the 2010 USRA Scale Nats and it was a fabulous layout. Reminds me a lot of Mid America's track until you get to the 90, then you get a second 90 followed by The Testarossa (SCR) on the right side. What a fun track! You're very fortunate Mic.

Well 1 Day left till the Garden State Isra Club Christmas Flat Track Spectacular and I'm just starting to get motors done have a lot of work to do yet. Going to try my best to get The new Fx JRL on the track and the New Dubik F-1. It sucks being busy at the day job starting to cut into my slot time. We will also be saying good bye to the UK Black Hoping it finds a home not to far away so I can visit . will give a report on the 2 new chassis after the race.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Well 1 Day left till the Garden State Isra Club Christmas Flat Track Spectacular and I'm just starting to get motors done have a lot of work to do yet. Going to try my best to get The new Fx JRL on the track and the New Dubik F-1. It sucks being busy at the day job starting to cut into my slot time. We will also be saying good bye to the UK Black Hoping it finds a home not to far away so I can visit . will give a report on the 2 new chassis after the race.
    Mic, that just flat stinks the stupid day job is messing up your slot work schedule. I know because the same thing is happening to me. This was a three day week, and so is next week, but I am wasted from the past three days! Anyway, it's been pedal to the metal in the slot room too with customer work to complete. I have some recaps in the garage ready for truing this evening....might as well create some rubber dust. I'm looking forward to your report on the Dubick F1, let us know how it worked Mic.

Getting ready for the fourth race of the 2012-13 NORCAL series. Tore down two X25/C11 chassis and flattened them. I loaded a couple of new Beuf Balanced Koford Competitor arms into set ups for the two LMPs. These are some brand new .518 diameter arms with 45 degrees timing. I'll start out with 7T pinions as we are racing on the postage stamp Corkscrew at TNT Raceway, Modesto, Calif. What a great track! Can't wait to get out there.

Well Friday didn't get done what I wanted to as the day and evening went on I got sicker and sicker . so had to shelf the FX finish and the 1/32 f-1 Dubik finish went to race Saturday . Should of stay home tough to race when your sick . Found it very hard to control the car . Ran the horky f-1 it was a lot better then me that was the only race I finished. High light of the day was Rob Geibel used my baby Piero and won the 1/32 Euro race. will work on the other 2 cars this week they will be ready for the anaconda. It will be up in the next week or so.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Gladly finished with a tedious task, reconning the hubs from the past four months. These have NORCAL races and the 2mm are from The Flat Track Worlds back in July. Keeping the air moving with the fan helps blow the dust which is a wonderful mixture of dried up glue and magnesium.
    DSCN4863

Now on to the month of August entering the family check register into iBank (Quicken for Mac). My annual entry of five check registers...talk about tedious! At least I have January - July entered.

I struck out at the Concord Hobbytown, now only a shadow of its previous self. They moved recently into a much smaller store. Must be the state of the hobby industry. They had no 4-40 aluminum screws. Doesn't anyone out there plug up the holes in their spur gears? Returned home and did my shopping on google and came up with this supplier for the aluminum set screws:

http://www.fastener-express.com/4-40...um-qty-50.aspx

I ordered a box which should last a while....

I applied glue to the hubs and donuts last night, so this morning it's time to go out to the garage where it's currently a balmy 42 degrees, dip in lacquer thinner and assemble. I'm thinking it's time to take one of my Bulldog 3 chassis and try different size rails. Better email CODGER and get some suggestions.

Good morning, Happy New Year.

NORCAL series race #4 yesterday at TNT Raceway in Modesto, CA. Two 2nd place finishes. Chris Chakires won LMP. He was just plain faster. Rocky Rommel won GT12. He was just plain faster. When another car is just plain faster, you just plain come in 2nd. It's simple. But...very good points day. The season results have been very consistent and I'm glad about that part. Time to unload the car, just got back after spending the night in CODGER's RV, the "upstairs bedroom". We ate linguisa, riblets and watched "Cowboys and Aliens". Fun evening. Racing ended around 11pm.