Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

didn't see the image in the back ground that would be a problem we wouldn't be able to decide on who's photo to use.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

I just renewed my subscription to Pat Skene's Brishish Mag, " Slot Car Racing News". If you have given thought to subscribing to this fine magazine, now would be the time as the exchange rate between the BP and the US$ is at a more favorable rate than it has been for a while.

The issue I received yesterday had some nice pictures of a new Czech ES24 and OP12 chassis. Has Slotcar Racer gotten his hands on one or heard any comments about them? The issue also had a second Recek tutorial on assembling the latest Horky F1 chassis.

Back to my self imposed exile of all slot blogs. With the exception of this thread, of coarse!

Kevin
    Got my 2nd issue of the mag very good info. Great how to grind motor shafts by Richard Mack
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Ok my interest is peaked, how do you subscribe to the BSCR magazine. I haven't found subscription info on the website.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

tony
    You can email Patrick at patricksdskene@gmail.com and tell him you want to subscribe to the mag he will send you a paypal bill .
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

I concur about the BSCRA magazine that Pat Skene produces. It's terrific. I've been a subscriber for a couple of years now...

I have a subscription as well. Great information in every issue and it keeps you informed about what is happening overseas. Well worth it.

Bernie Schatz

Thanks Mic!

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

Yesterday was another day of beatin' and bangin' with the NORCAL group. Came up with a third in LMP and a first in GT12. The LMP race was particularly close with Hermanator taking the win just 3' ahead of local hot shoe Justin Colvin who was only 15' ahead of me. Justin finished on white while I was running on purple...he had the almost slowest lane and I had the fast lane. I never look at standings during a race, it freaks me out too much and I have enough anxiety in life anyway, but the Colvins (who thrive on adenaline) knew where things stood. I was flying on purple and had no idea I could overtake Justin, but as with all the other heats I never had a good clean run....always some pile lying in my lane all of a sudden. Hermanator did a great job with his win, first one of this NORCAL season.

Next race is at SCR, site of the 2006, 2008, 2012 and ??? USRA Scale Nats. This race will be the night before we get on our Virgin Airlines flight to Philadephia for The Nats. That should be a logistical feat!
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Here's a picture of the finishing positions for the LMP race....

Herman James' car is the yellow/silver car on the orange lane. Justin, who finished 2nd, is the blue/silver car on white. Third place, Slot Car Racer, is the pink/silver car on the left side of the picture on the purple lane.

Last edited by MikeC; 03-03-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Name changed to protect the identity of Slot Car Racer! :-)
    Michael Colvin

You forgot "The Sheriff" standing next to the donut guarding "the crime scene".
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

What a cool looking track in post #3385

What is it? A variation of the MTT?
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Yes. It's a "Reverse" MTT. From what I'm told, Buena Park has the twin, but reversed.
    Michael Colvin

Scr
    Great finish to a race looks like the young gun is putting pressure on the older pros. Looking forward to meeting him at the Nats. Well took my 2 weeks off after last race need to get going again a lot of repair work to do and a lot of new stuff to get started and finished . Got the Dubick 1/32 euro and have to set it up this chassis completes my stable of Dubick chassis. will post pics later tonight.We have 2 races this month an Isra race at the Garden State Isra Club JRL B Pro Open 12 and euro then the next week we have the last series race for the garden State Isra series at the Race place need to be ready for that race for sure to hold on to my top 2nd &3rd finishes for the series in g-10 b pro and open 12 . Its been a good year of racing.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    What a cool looking track in post #3385

What is it? A variation of the MTT?
    It is but shorter and no esses before the straight, also the finger is under instead of over. Buena Park is a mirror but has a longer finger.
    Alan Ingram