Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

I can't speak on the Jersey Devil. IMO on the big track in GTP I would run a small arm with mura or FX magnets. Red Fox silver bullet can with a big air gap. 535 air gap should be perfect.
    KellyRacing

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z. View Post
    I can't speak on the Jersey Devil. IMO on the big track in GTP I would run a small arm with mura or FX magnets. Red Fox silver bullet can with a big air gap. 535 air gap should be perfect.
    Dan
    All my motor building efforts are for the flat tracks these days . Don't run any big banked track except for this year we ran g-10 there only because of the nats this year next year it will be all flat track racing .If I was going to run GTP it would be a s16c in a Cahozza O can and some 500 long mags .540 dia arm 40* timming .560 hole. Will have at least 1 motor done like this for the Nats whether it gets run is yet to be seen.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Danny,

What's the timing on your S16c arm?

See you in a month.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

I would run 38* to 42*. That's what I pretty much run for all banked tracks lately. From D cans up to GT12s. I planned on making this race but won't be able to. I'm in the middle of selling a property & closing will of course be on the week of the race. But down the road this will free me from a lot of bills & ill be making all the big races. It hurts me I can't make this one though.
    KellyRacing

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z. View Post
    I would run 38* to 42*. That's what I pretty much run for all banked tracks lately. From D cans up to GT12s. I planned on making this race but won't be able to. I'm in the middle of selling a property & closing will of course be on the week of the race. But down the road this will free me from a lot of bills & ill be making all the big races. It hurts me I can't make this one though.
    Dan
    with the way the lawyers all screw up you could have that week off LOL
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    the devil fits in where in the power scale in your opinion? .

High volts, low amps. I’m not sure exactly how to characterize it either and I don’t have a rule about what works good for it. Lou’s track was similar power, wasn’t it?

In the early 00’s I would travel to 6, 7, 8 different tracks a year. I used to talk with Monty a great deal about what should work best in every situation. We tried all kinds of things. Eventually, I ended up with a lot of motors having different timings and magnets, many special built for certain tracks. Don’t think I ever came up with any universal rules other than if you try enough motors you are bound to find one that runs. But that does not always work out either :-)

Nowadays, I don’t have much variety so I will just have to hope for the best in NJ. But I’m pretty sure the lower amps means I will have to use less gear than I would at Mid-America. That will be my first guess on changes for my c-can cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    12 motor t-5's 45*Cahozza ul can .560
    That is pretty much what I run. I like a lot of brakes in a motor. Makes it easier to avoid wrecks and go deeper into the corner. If it gets dodgy coming out of the turn I lower the sensitivity.

I’m looking for to seeing you guys in a few weeks. Great group of racers in your area.

Danny,

Sorry to see you won't make the race.

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

Well, just looking at the calendar I'm thinking maybe it's time to get to work. Let's pull out the little guys

photo-109

Oh yeah, very cool, now I remember I put in new front hinge bits that Recek was kind enough to mail to me

photo-110

So I have the Voki 18 mag with the 23t25 in it, I think that will go into #1. And I see I have an Owl 20, a 20 mag set up only .450T. I'll put another PK 23t25 in that one and put it in #2, then go up to Frank's on Saturday and try them out.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

In our last episode, the Two Little Brothers (AKA The 2 Bros) had made their first appearance out of their oily plastic bag since last July....The Flat Track Worlds.

Tonight, I present The 2 Bros all built up with new guides, leadwire, braid and the above mentioned motors.

photo-113
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

SR- What kind of guides do you use on your cars?
    I have been using cut down Slick 7`s this season with very good results.

Your cars always look great, nice work.

if you look at the pic they say cahoza

SCR
    Where's baby Peiro won't he be jealous. getting ready to go race will only be there for JRL and have only the new 1 ready the fx so it could be short day haven't had it on track yet. Have to be back for grandsons birthday. Going to put new Dubick 1/32 euro on track today for a test run also time permitting.
    Last edited by Mic Byrd; 03-16-2013 at 04:00 AM.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by palm_dog View Post
    if you look at the pic they say cahoza
    Thanks, I can`t read stuff that small.

thank god for zoom, plus its what I use on my scale stuff, redfox on my wing stuff

1/32 f-1 decals

here's a question for all the Scr followers. f-1 you have to paint your body's like a formula 1 car or Indy the last 10 years. Where does 1 find the decals to complete the body and how accurate do they have to be . this body thing is becoming harder then building the cars LOL
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com