Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Mic,

1/32 F1 bodies have had to be very realistic for the USRA Nats and for the ISRA Worlds for a number of years now, don't know how long, but longer than I've been coming to either. Roger Schmitt at Mid-Am has many different sets of decals. My guess is that Jay at the host track may have some, too, as I'm sure that he's aware of this issue.

Greg

I ordered a few McLarens for the Nats and sprayed them all white with the Tamiya polycarb paint. Fast and simple. Ordered an Attanslot set of Toyota F1 decals from Mid America. I used my Sharpie extra fine marker to do the lines on the body and then detailed the driver. Then I cut up the decal set putting the Panasonic logos on the body, some of the red "paint splashes" on it and spruced it up with some of the smaller decals on that set. I think that's all you need to do....make a good effort to make it resemble a current or past (last 10 years) F1 scheme. Roger is a good source for these stickers, but you can check around other vendors. I'm sure Dave Harvey at Won O Won would have them, and his mailings get to me about as fast as domestic shipments! You could probably also contact Pavel at Attanslot and have them shipped directly from the source.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Scr & Greg
    Thanks for the fast response and info got them ordered. Didn't want to use up my questions allowance from George LOL.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Mid-America has some this is one of them on his ebay store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mid-Americas...item3a67d26581

Some people will print stickers on there home printer.

The idea is to have a sponsor and color correct. along with a number. They don't want people showing up to races with one color or weird blended paint jobs.

It is a really hard rule to enforce. So if you have any question if the car will be legal shoot me a email with a picture my email is mmazur@ruzamracing.com.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Here are some pics of the 2012 ISRA worlds F1 grid to give you guys some ideas for colour schemes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2062..jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	12468  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2105..jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	12469  

Thanks Mike think I got it covered got some decal/ mask kits from roger and have the paint colors already.

Pat thanks for the pictures forgot I had the worlds Sran in my desk draw.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

This is how I left it last night...got a lot done. Two new rollers, a 1/24 and a 1/32 both with 2mm rear axles. They're ready for motors and leadwires.

photo-117

The two older 1/32 got tested last Sunday and turned some really good times at SCR with multi mag motors.

photo-118

The Owl 20 needs a new can bearing, so I need to pull it out of #2 and put in a new bearing.

new 1/24 horky and 1/32 Piero ? Love new toys
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Mic, that looks like the new baby Horky. It received the centerfold glory in Pat's magazine it is so sexy!

If I were making the trip to the Nats, the one in Roger's display case would no longer be there.

Kevin
    Your right compared to picture in Scrn and could see the detail very nice looking . I just built a Dubick 1/32 euro and test run was awesome will post picture soon.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Good luck at the Nats with those, I'll be interested to see how they stack up with the others.

Who sells those here in the states?

Kevin
    Not sure my driving skills will do the car justice . Jim Radford gets them also I was told NCP Hobbies also has them
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    Good luck at the Nats with those, I'll be interested to see how they stack up with the others.

Who sells those here in the states?
    KVAN, I'll run a test on that new chassis this weekend, see if I can run 3.7s on yellow and 3.9s on orange like I did this past Sunday using the 2008 chassis. One would hope the 2012 is four years better.

Nats prep is now shifting into 2nd gear. Spending lunch hour sitting in the car in the parking garage....a bag of extra fine Sharpie markers....a box full of Audi R10s and BMWs....drawing detailing lines and drivers. Really nuts. The ham and cheese sandwiches are good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    KVAN, I'll run a test on that new chassis this weekend, see if I can run 3.7s on yellow and 3.9s on orange like I did this past Sunday using the 2008 chassis. One would hope the 2012 is four years better.
    SCR, even if it does not go any faster, it is just a way cool looking chassis!

Those baby euros are absolutely my favorite class of slots. I'm sure hoping Mid-Americas bid is successful in bringing the Nats back to Chicago, I will definitely have one of those beauties sitting in my box if they are.