Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Thank you, SCR. Now I understand what you meant last year when you said you packed them in your suitcase... I invisioned your slot stuff sharing space with clothes, and just laying in the suitcase, not in boxes.... Duh.. :-)

Looks good! Take pictures of your pit space and post those when you get there and all set up. Take some of Herman too, just to prove he's not taking naps or something.

Best of luck to you guys! Give us daily reports too! (Like you'll have nothing else to do!) :-)
    Michael Colvin

About to leave for Slot Car Raceway, Rohnert Park, Calif, site of the 2006, 2008 and 2012 USRA Scale Nats and today's venue for the NCSCRA (NORCAL) race. I'm getting a late start, it's almost Noon, but realistically the LMP race on the Testarossa will not start until perhaps 3pm. Two cars prepared for today's races, an LMP and a GT12. When I get to Speedzone, I will be putting a Super 16C in my LMP with a Red Fox Fighter body for my practice car. Bringing plenty of tyres too and will have plenty of tyme on Monday and Tuesday to learn the track. But first, today's races.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Got F-1 bodies done and most of euro motors rebuilt today. Here are the 2 F-1 body's. Sorry george didn't steal the Panasonic from you but first set of decals got lost in mail and had to settle for these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f-1 2..jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	12543  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f-1 1..jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	12544  

Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Just finished up 8 body's that does it for painting euro motors ready. tomorrow after work 12 motors and contenders and go through chassis clean them up check for being flat and straight pack up tuesday night and off to the races.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

I finally got my Mic Byrd assembled Bulldog3 onto the track yesterday.

Wow!!!
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

Yeah I know your feeling, I got my greyhound on the track Saturday night, she just blows, wow! away.

Hermanator and I arrived at the Philadelphia Airport last night but it took a while longer for his 2nd suitcase to get there. We got the rental car and I dropped him off at Virgin's ticket counter and parked at the cell phone lot. He called 15 minutes later saying the bag finally hit the carousel, so of we went to Mt Holly. Checked into Best Western and then went for food. Then we went to the track which closed at 4pm. Oh well.

This morning we were greeted by Alex Leite, then Gugu and then Greg Gilbert. Kind of a slot car celebrity hotel. Track opens at 11am so there's nothing to do for two hours.

Good luck SR and Hermanator.

How did Norcal go Saturday?
    Alan Ingram

Good Luck to everyone at the Nats. Wish I could have made this one!

Bernie Schatz

Alan,

Frank posted the results to his Facebook page. I'll be posting the podium pictures to the NorCal Facebook page later today. SCR managed a 3rd in GT-12. It was a .... ROUGH ... race, to say the least. I think SCR's mind may have already left for Jersey... If nothing else, by the end of the GT-12 race, I think he wished he was in Jersey! :-)
    Michael Colvin

Thanks Mike

Too bad youre not in Jersey too.

Looks like Justin is getting the hang of flat tracks.....scary !
    Alan Ingram

Yea. He's getting there. I think our motor program and cars are still a little sub-par, but we're getting there. We've just been real inconsistent this season with the flat track stuff. I knew we would be. He's had some highs, and a lot of lows, but overall, not bad...

Next season, I think, will be better. He's been getting stronger since the first couple of races. I've dropped the ball a couple times with prepping his cars, so that hasn't helped...

Hopefully Nats next year. The "Flats" and the "Wade" for sure later this year...
    Michael Colvin

The raceway opened at 11am yesterday....same today...so sitting here rudely typing while my friends are talking about the track. PG arrived last night, Greg and Lee are munching on breakfast, Hermantor getting another coffee, Gugu and Leite are taking PG to Home Depot for something.

Hi George,

Say Hi to PG, Gugu, Alex, Herman and the guys at Speedzone. Hope you have a great time. Where are the results and photos going to be published???

OWH's 2013 USRA Div 2 Nats Page

Quote Originally Posted by BSlotcar.com View Post
    Hi George,

Say Hi to PG, Gugu, Alex, Herman and the guys at Speedzone. Hope you have a great time. Where are the results and photos going to be published???
    Right here on OWH Slot Car Talk! (of course!)!
    2013 USRA Div 2 Nats

You can also follow the live USRA Div 2 Nats webcam coverage, live social stream chat, & USRA Nats Twitter Feed... with links to OWH Gallery, Race Schedule with Links to Race Results on Slot Car Talk, SpeedZone Home Page, etc... all on the handy dandy 2013 OWH USRA Div 2 Nats Page!

OWH's 2013 USRA Div 2 Nats Page

Follow & post Tweets on the USRA Nats Twitter Feed by using the hashtag: #usranats

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23usranats&src=typd

Paul K @ OWH
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -