Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Thanks for the prodding, KVAN, I am been terribly absent and negligent in my SCR updates.

We finish the NCSCRA (Norcal) season on June 8th at TNT Raceway in Modesto, CA on The Corkscrew. Can't wait to get back to that cool little track. Looks like I have both flat track championships pretty much in the bag after a season of all podium finishes. My friend CRASH CODGER got very sick at Rancho Cordova and missed the race in Rohnert Park, and he was off his game last month in Carson City, but other pro racers Berteinstein and Justin The Kid have "kept me honest".

Otherwise I am stepping up Eurosport testing for the upcoming Flat Track Worlds in July. As Pat mentioned, the new PK arms are fabulous and now with new and improved .014" laminations. More test data will follow.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Nice to see you are posting again SCR haven't been doing much myself. finally got to work on 2 new motors for your friend and mine the Herminator. doing a 12 and a contender for him. will finish them up tonight and ship tomorrow.
    Going to make a trip to the club this weekend going to test the Dubik I worked on for Tom Adams and also do some testing with my new pro3 controller just got it in the mail. Not sure I like the handle that came on it ordered a new Parma Handle just in case.have 3 weeks till the bash at the beach going to build a new dog 3 the kits been on my desk for 3 or 4 months now its time . Good luck at Modesto sounds like you have it wrapped up though.I finished with a 2nd in g-10 and a 2nd in B pro and a 3rd in open 12 a pretty good year for me in the Garden State Isra Series .
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

I like my pro3 with the parma handle. only reason I went with it and not the third eye. The owner ordered it with the parma. I'm a 44 year old racer that started in his teens, anything but a parma just feels wrong man.
    IDAHO SCC
    dub motors
    herminator tires
    PMP chassis
    Redfox
    BBB

My favorite combination is the parma handle and the redfox trigger.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Is that the longer curved trigger?

this trigger also known as the kelly trigger. JK has also copied this trigger.

http://www.ncphobbies.com/a-category...t-cars/rfch01/
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Parma handle is a copy of the old Russkit Handle.
    It`s about the only decent thing Parma sells these days.
    What a shame that they have sunk so low.

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Parma handle is a copy of the old Russkit Handle.
    It`s about the only decent thing Parma sells these days.
    What a shame that they have sunk so low.
    I think that it's more of a comment on the state of slot cars in general. It does, however, look like they move a fair amount of R/C product....
    that's a wrap!

Tough crowd. :/
    Jay Herrod

PARMA bought RUSSKIT,so it is not a copy of one ......it IS one.

Pinions

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Your comments on the eurosport chassis are interesting. Jaroslav Recek builds the Horky chassis and does the best work I've ever seen. That said, I do not have any experience with the Dubick, but I did put together a Micek chassis a few weeks ago. I was struck by the simplicity of the design of the Micek. The rear cross bar did not connect up with the central elements as much as Horky or Castricone, both of which I am really familiar with. I'd rather spend the extra money on the Horky than save $50 on something that would turn out to be an experiment. The Horky has been working well for me for the past few years. Anyway, I saw your Bash at the Beach, looks like a great program. We only have one more race until The Flat Track Worlds, and that is to finish up the NORCAL series in Modesto in a few weeks. I believe I can pretty much hook up my controller and take a lap, then pull off and watch and still win both flat track championships. My worst finish for the whole season was a 4th place at Frank's....go figure, my "home" track. The rest of the year has been all podiums. I do want to play around with 6 tooth pinions again on the Korkscrew because it is such a short track. However, it is such a momentum track that I may need a taller gear that the 7 tooth provides. What the heck, I will even revisit the 8 tooth pinion. The track opens at 8am and they don't get to the flat track racing until around 3:30 or so. There's lots of time to play with different gearing.

Have a good bash at the beach Mic, I should have a good bash in Modesto myself!!
    I'm looking forward to hearing about the 6 tooth feedback on the Corkscrew. I tried the 8 tooth and it seemed "no bueno" for my motors.
    Jay Herrod

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    I'm looking forward to hearing about the 6 tooth feedback on the Corkscrew. I tried the 8 tooth and it seemed "no bueno" for my motors.
    Hi Jay,

Well, it isn't gonna happen. Over the past week I took off all the 6T pinions. Why? My cars have always worked well on the Corkscrew with 7T pinions. I believe the Corkscrew drives much like the Testarossa at Slot Car Raceway, Rohnert Park, CA, site of the 2006, 2008, 2012 and very soon 20th Anniversary race. It's a very high speed momentum track that drives more like a long straightaway with some blips. The road course up in Carson City has three very, very short straightaways. It's kind of an intricate driving track, especially on black and purple. Drives very differently from Corkie. With the 6T, the motor was able to spin up to full song by the end of those little short chutes. I think on the Corkscrew a 6T would just be too wound out and you will lose overall turn speed....you'd be pretty much full punch around the track with occasional letting off to 60%....never the brake band. Hey, this is the last race of the season, I just want to finish these last two flat track races then concentrate on eurosport stuff for the Seattle race. See you in Modesto!

Back when it was in uncle kal's basement i too tried to experiment with 6 tooth 64 pitch..but found the motor over revs and peaks out way too much....back in the basement the best gear ratio was 7-39 64 pitch...that was before 72 pitch as around...now a days i bet 7-42 and 7-44 72 pitch would be an awesome gear ratio on the little track now a days...!
    "MAY THE FORCE BE IN THE FINGER"
    "Theres no banks in heaven,spend it all on slotcars"
    "WINGS ARE FOR FAIRIES- GTP RACING RULES"

Quote Originally Posted by stoneman View Post
    Back when it was in uncle kal's basement i too tried to experiment with 6 tooth 64 pitch..but found the motor over revs and peaks out way too much....back in the basement the best gear ratio was 7-39 64 pitch...that was before 72 pitch as around...now a days i bet 7-42 and 7-44 72 pitch would be an awesome gear ratio on the little track now a days...!
    Jason, I ran 64 pitch at the NORCAL race at Slot Car Raceway, RPCSOT2006,2008 & 2012USRASN in our first visit there last Fall, used 6:37. Normally I run 72 pitch 7:42. The 64 pitch 37 tooth spur is just about the same size as the 42 tooth 72 pitch spur, so tire size remains the same (that's the important thing). The 6:37 is just slightly lower ratio at 6.16:1 versus the 7:42 at 6:1 even. There's too big a jump to put a 6 tooth pinion on a 42 tooth spur for Uncle Kal's old track, it goes up to 7:1 which is almost what we run in eurosport (7:45, 80 pitch). Thanks for this idea, Jason, I am going to dig in the gear box and look for a set of 64 pitch 6:37 and try it on Saturday.

The 72 pitch gear set to the left, the 64 pitch to the right. All products from Camen. Both spurs are 16 degree angled. The 42T diameter is .6055" and the 37T is .609", virtually the same. As noted earlier today, the 64 pitch gives you a slightly lower gear ratio. I'm wondering if the theoretically better efficiency of the 72 pitch may outweigh the lower ratio of the 64 pitch. All I can say is when I ran this in Rohnert Park last Fall, it pretty much felt the same as the 72 pitch gear set and ran the same time. One advantage to the 64 pitch is durability. Not a bad thing in the NORCAL series!