Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

The new Camen F1 set up with PK .460" diameter arm fit really nicely into the newly released Castricone F1 chassis. I just ground down the rear of the center spine level with the top of the chassis, and then ground the bottom of the endbell level with the bottom of the magnets. Used the Dubick alignment jig and made sure I had some gap under the motor. Bandito designed this so the motor is suspended by the side mounting bar and the rear of the motor box to allow for the motor to torque on it's own pan. Notice the stop at the rear of the chassis.

IMG_1842
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

WOW, THATS IS NICE LOOKING
    YOU SURE DO GET ALL THE "goodies"
    GIVES US LIL-GUYS SOMETHING TO WANT FOR X-MAS
    Jay Rogers
    Mic Byrd .....PowerPlants!!!!
    GARDEN STATE ISRA
    CRUSH GRAPHIXS...custom numbers and paint masks... just ask
    Balance By Bill Bugenis !!!!
    www.TheISraUsa.com

I see you went none vatuli on the gear I personally like the jk gears and there price LOL. Jays right you get all the nice new stuff wish I was you LOL.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    I see you went none vatuli on the gear I personally like the jk gears and there price LOL. Jays right you get all the nice new stuff wish I was you LOL.
    In about 6 billion years, the Sun’s will run out of hydrogen. When this happens, the inert helium ash built up in the core will become unstable and collapse under its own weight. This will cause the core to heat up and get denser. The Sun will grow in size and enter the red giant phase of its evolution. The expanding Sun will consume the orbits of Mercury and Venus, and probably gobble up the Earth as well. Even if the Earth survives, the intense heat from the red sun will scorch our planet and make it completely impossible for life to survive.

(I hope that puts it all into perspective!)

Um.....but that "inert" helium in the plasma state will be hot enough in the collapsing red giant to fuse to carbon - so necessary for those little brushes in our motors.
    For solar systems with dying stars much bigger than out little yellow dwarf sun, the resulting super nova will produce all the heavier elements ( like Samarium and Cobalt ) also useful in our little motors.
    You need to look on the bright side - don't be so negative all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wbugenis View Post
    um.....but that "inert" helium in the plasma state will be hot enough in the collapsing red giant to fuse to carbon - so necessary for those little brushes in our motors.
    For solar systems with dying stars much bigger than out little yellow dwarf sun, the resulting super nova will produce all the heavier elements ( like samarium and cobalt ) also useful in our little motors.
    You need to look on the bright side - don't be so negative all the time.
    thats some intense talk right there!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR VACATION BILL...
    Jay Rogers
    Mic Byrd .....PowerPlants!!!!
    GARDEN STATE ISRA
    CRUSH GRAPHIXS...custom numbers and paint masks... just ask
    Balance By Bill Bugenis !!!!
    www.TheISraUsa.com

Thanks, Jay

Just put the canoe and kayaks away - time to fire up the balancer and find that choke wire - dang it where'd I put that stuff.

Started prep work for Isra Championship today pulled my Mack dog 3 apart and cleaned found the gear guard missing. so that means the new 1 just found a home being that in April my go to dog is no longer USRA Legal. Need to get some arms in mail to Bill tomorrow now that he has warmed up the balancer.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Started prep work for Isra Championship today pulled my Mack dog 3 apart and cleaned found the gear guard missing. so that means the new 1 just found a home being that in April my go to dog is no longer USRA Legal. Need to get some arms in mail to Bill tomorrow now that he has warmed up the balancer.
    Mic, you bring up an excellent conversation point. When these pieces break, the chassis is no longer legal. I'd bet there are many out there that have either the front pan stop hinge or gear guard piece broken. Where does one find these "parts". Or is it time for a whole new chassis? I need both...LOL
    Jay Herrod

Jay
    I race Garden State ISRA all year so I can still use the chassis could even bend a piece of wire and fix it and that's OK but looking forward to the USRA Nats the chassis is no good for that race .
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Hi
    If you Guys let me know the parts you need I can fish some out or get a bunch cut .It may take a little time as things are a bit screwed up over here at the moment
    Richard

Richard
    Is there instructions for the Speeder chassis . It appears that it can be built a few different ways . Example the front pan tie downs . there are 3 wire holders with different cut outs for spine. would like to get started on these 2 chassis but I am guessing right now and don't want to do that.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Day off today going to go a head and build the 2 Mack speeders most all the parts are straight forward and I've got them figured out. have to look for my camera today haven't seen it since we went on vacation .If i find it i will post pictures when done.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Mic....... I'll come up and take the photos. What's for dinner?

Tony
    OWH Slotographer

An update from Richard Mack for those building the new Speed 12 chassis:

Hi
    Sorry the instructions sent (not) done yet. You are right, the spine can be any length , it's your choice. Also the rails are your choice , you can run them in tubes with or without movement, or solder solid, and what thickness you want , the built one is only a guideline.
    Richard