Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

SCR and Richard Thanks for the info have the 1st 1 complete .039 rails same steer as my dog 3's I use the gt 12 style front pan hold downs and the spine runs the same as the picture I got from SCR. Another great kit from Richard Mack very easy to work with parts fit nice and tight with out any grinding. Hope it runs as good as it looks . the second 1 I think i will use the other front hold downs and go with a full spine. going to try and test these next week on the Anaconda
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    An update from Richard Mack for those building the new Speed 12 chassis:

Hi
    Sorry the instructions sent (not) done yet. You are right, the spine can be any length , it's your choice. Also the rails are your choice , you can run them in tubes with or without movement, or solder solid, and what thickness you want , the built one is only a guideline.
    Richard
    Does this Jive with USRA Rules? My understanding is in restricted classes it must be built as submitted (and must include instructions which we are collectively working on). I just want to be sure I am giving people the right advice that are emailing after their purchase of this chassis kit. Would it be possible to get some more closeup photos of the submitted chassis?

Thanks for clarifying.
    Jim Radford
    Pacific Slot Car Raceways
    http://www.shoppscr.com
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039
    Host site of the 2014 & 2016 DIV II USRA Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by jradford View Post
    does this jive with usra rules? My understanding is in restricted classes it must be built as submitted (and must include instructions which we are collectively working on). I just want to be sure i am giving people the right advice that are emailing after their purchase of this chassis kit. Would it be possible to get some more closeup photos of the submitted chassis?

Thanks for clarifying.
    on page 56 it gives details of the gt-12 class but not discritive of haveing to have instruction's .... It does say that chassis has to be assembled as submitted one! As far as what mack is saying is he is giving you the option. But since this chassis is also for open g-12 there has to be an exact gt-12 submitted guideline that has to be adhere too??? Right??? If not then we should just make gt-12 into open g-12 and get internationalized!!!!
    "MAY THE FORCE BE IN THE FINGER"
    "Theres no banks in heaven,spend it all on slotcars"
    "WINGS ARE FOR FAIRIES- GTP RACING RULES"

Quote Originally Posted by stoneman View Post
    on page 56 it gives details of the gt-12 class but not discritive of haveing to have instruction's .... It does say that chassis has to be assembled as submitted one! As far as what mack is saying is he is giving you the option. But since this chassis is also for open g-12 there has to be an exact gt-12 submitted guideline that has to be adhere too??? Right??? If not then we should just make gt-12 into open g-12 and get internationalized!!!!
    Page 57 A4 states "Manufacturer must provide an assembly instruction sheet. The instructions must explain how to assemble the chassis like the assembled submitted chassis. Subject to the approval of the Scale Division Tech director, the instructions may include minor modifications to the chassis". Realizing this rule does not appear to be regularly enforced, with the issue regarding Greg Gilberts disqualification at last years Nats maybe it should be looked at a little more closely.
    Jim Radford
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039

Quote Originally Posted by jradford View Post
    Realizing this rule does not appear to be regularly enforced, with the issue regarding Greg Gilberts disqualification at last years Nats maybe it should be looked at a little more closely.
    That probably came across as a dig against the USRA Race Officials or Greg which was absolutely not my intention, so my apologies for that. I intended it as an example of why the rule exists and is useful, in Greg's case he may have built his chassis to spec had there been instructions available. I am working on such an instruction sheet for the benefit of all, I just want to be certain what goes on it is correct.
    Jim Radford
    Visit us on Facebook
    (253) 446-5039

Jim
    I built my speeder with the bull dog style front pan holders thought that stayed in line with my other gt 12 type chassis mostly dog 3's. the open chassis I have use the other type of hold down where the outside is free . I'm going to wait on my second 1 until I have confirmed Instructions that are USRA approved. It doesn't matter for Garden State Isra we are open 12 so its all good.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Finnished the mack speed tonight....very fun build took about 3 hours (THANKS FOR THE TIPS MIC) ... looks like its going to be handler on the track... Anyone have one track ready that they have tested????

Hermanator and I are meeting at Slot Car Raceway, site of the 2006, 2008 and 2012 USRA Scale Nationals for testing on the Testarossa. Still have more F1 testing to do, I ran some .325" magnesium hubs and mounted some Proformance on them. Will test them with 1/4" hole drilled out. Last week tried them in the raw undrilled mode and I think they were too heavy at 1.4 grams per hub. The extra weight had no effect on the rotating mass of the wheel as I thought it might, all it did was make the back end of the car wag around like a windshield wiper. So now they are down to a more normal .8 grams and we'll see if more rubber on the rim is helpful. I also tried out my Budgie with the Logard Choke and it seemed to work well on 33' choke. That's with a 47t29 arm, one of the new PK .460 dia arms in the new Camen Gulliver F1 set up. What a great motor!
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

SCR
    I was about to give up on F-1 until I got a Bugenis choke with smaller dia. wire then the 1/24 version made the f-1 very manageable for me. it gives me the feel I want when driving.
    PS you can try it in a couple of weeks.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SCR and Richard Thanks for the info have the 1st 1 complete .039 rails same steer as my dog 3's I use the gt 12 style front pan hold downs and the spine runs the same as the picture I got from SCR. Another great kit from Richard Mack very easy to work with parts fit nice and tight with out any grinding. Hope it runs as good as it looks . the second 1 I think i will use the other front hold downs and go with a full spine. going to try and test these next week on the Anaconda
    Mic you gonna post any pictures of your build?
    Robert Geibel
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Power by Mic Byrd & ChaChing Motors.
    Garden State Isra/Usa
    Garden State Isra Club, Bayville NJ
    Retro East
    Retro Chassis by JRM Chassis

working on instuctions over the weekend
    hope to get it done and posted as soon as .
    Thanks for being patient
    Richard

Instuctions for the Bulldog three also gives the option of different rail sizes and loose or soldered solid .
    I could have built the chassis different on left and right sides.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Rcg Racing View Post
    Mic you gonna post any pictures of your build?
    Still trying to find my camera
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Wish i knew how to post pictures....finnished mack speed build last night...body and motor in and ready for some track testing... When i can get to the track to test it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Still trying to find my camera
    i got an idea, send me the chassie Mic and ill take a few pics of it and get it back to you after the Championship Race in Pittsburg
    Jay Rogers
    Mic Byrd .....PowerPlants!!!!
    GARDEN STATE ISRA
    CRUSH GRAPHIXS...custom numbers and paint masks... just ask
    Balance By Bill Bugenis !!!!
    www.TheISraUsa.com