Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Jay:
    Open gr12 is a very very expensive classe we race in Europe.
    No limite prices of the chassis(Horky,Bsp,Mack) and gr12 motor with aluminium endbell gr15 magnets.
    The body is the BPA lola mutch faster than R10 long

Jon Madtest won Open 12 am with his new Mack Speed chassis. gave it to him in the morning and he finished it . I lost Wild and Mild Wings to him and Rob Geibel I guess I built it to good LOL
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Thank you Pedro. Maybe I should have clarified my question....what are the differences on the chassis outside of cost? They look the same to me or at least at first glance.
    Jay Herrod

don't think there is anything different with the chassis, its all motor i think
    IDAHO SCC
    dub motors
    herminator tires
    PMP chassis
    Redfox
    BBB

Once you've seen one chassis you've seen em all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We dont really race open 12 in this country. A true open 12 chassis has the complexity of a eurosport with a bigger motor box and the same cost. With that said, every open chassis that has raced in any or most races in this country has been a standard type gt12.

I did the CAD drawings for Lou Pirro's eurosport chassis. Essentially, it used the features we liked from the Mossetti eurosport
    with a Horkey style bite bar . When he wanted an open 12 chassis, I changed the angles where the motor is soldered in and - poof - open 12 chassis.
    The motor box was plenty big
    He was evolving a new design when the flood hit. Evolution ceased and extinction followed.

thanks guys!
    Jay Herrod

SCR
    have you put that speeder on the track yet ? any thoughts on it .
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SCR
    I did a very short run with it about three weeks ago using the oval shaped pan hangers.....those are the bits you solder to the crossbar and the .039" pins go through them. The oval hangers give the pans a ton of side slop. I put it together that way because I was curious as to how it might work. I tried it at Frank's and it got decent lap times with an Audi R10, but my curiosity continues. So, I took the chassis apart (really easy, just pull the pins at the rear of the pans) and took the oval hangers off and put on the round hangers. I'm going up to Frank's today or tomorrow to try that set up. It seems much more like the Mack eurosport now.

Running the Audi R10 in preparation for the Cave Race the first weekend of December....about a month away. Driving down there on Friday after work. Planning to run GT12 and the three eurosport classes, then drive home on Monday.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

I received a message from another racer having problems mounting a motor in the new Speeder 12 chassis. With the built in weights the tolerances for motor fit are almost like a one size only approach. It strikes me that this chassis is designed for the 16 degree 42 tooth spur. The way the weights are angled suggest this. If you use that spur, the motor should fit in, but there ain't much wiggle room.

I put a notch at the rear of the motor, this notch is plenty deep enough.

IMG_2124

Then the rear axle assembly goes in easily with the motor clearing the rear axle.

IMG_2125

While all this is going on, this dog is NOT paying attention

IMG_2123

SCR
    Thanks for the words of wisdom . I now know why I'm getting pan droop . Its the little things you overlook or maybe just not having directions and guessing a little wrong.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Ran my Speeder today at GLISRA in Open 12. Was pleased with a fourth place finish against the really fast locals who know that track. There were several O-12 Horkys in the field, too. Got some nice comments on how fast it was. Also tested a really good BD-3, Saunders and new PMP for a few laps each. Speeder was the clear choice today. Ran a JK BMW V-12 body on all chassis.

I had to put a notched Cahoza can in, as the un-notched Cahoza motor I was going to run would not make the mesh and did not have time to grind a slot in the other one. Was running 7:42 16* Cahoza gear.

After the race I added a little lead at the front just behind the guide flag, as on my Horky ES24. Still need to test a bit more. Really happy with the first outing! Thanks for the build....you know who you are!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SCR
    Got a race report from CRASH CODGER from yesterday's NORCAL race. Both he and The Hermanator ran the Speeder 12, both using high downforce bodies. CRASH took the motor box weights out to loosen the car up and added weight to the front. I think he ran a low downforce Parma Caddy. Hermanator ran a Bent Lee mounted all the way back and at 1-5/8" spoiler height. CRASH said the Speeder is bolted.

SCR
    Have a few minor changes to do and will be running the high down force on them this weekend with some prerace time Wednesday night.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com