Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SCR
    Have a few minor changes to do and will be running the high down force on them this weekend with some prerace time Wednesday night.
    I just got back from SCR a little while ago. I remember posts about brushes getting used up and this is the first time I experienced it myself. I broke in a new arm for a customer, first did a very light comm cut, then put it in one of my set ups. Put it in Speeder and ran 193 laps on orange. But around lap 170 the car started slowing down and speeding up. WEIRD. Then I took it apart so I can send the arm out for balancing now....
    IMG_2135
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

SCR,

I'm following all the posts about the new Mack chassis with interest, but I have 3 questions:

1) Have you run any of the newer Horky O-12s? Seems like they may be breaking the rule about O-12s never being faster than good GT12s.
    2) Similarly, there is a new O-12 Castricone, the Lazy Bandito. Have you run this?
    3) Lastly, the current Saunders GT-12 is very fast (and very resilient) in my admittedly slow hands. How does it compare to the new Mack?

Thanks!

Greg

Greg
    I for 1 have not run any of the new open 12 cars just don't see the point when i haven't found 1 I liked better then my gt 12 chassis at half the cost
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

the big problem with the o 12 chassis is that it is not legal for most of us that race in the usra, we have a $63 and change limit on our chassis.
    IDAHO SCC
    dub motors
    herminator tires
    PMP chassis
    Redfox
    BBB

Not much else to do today but make some tires....
    IMG_2155

They look like hubs to me

Hubs are part of tire building.

Quote Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6 View Post
    Hubs are part of tire building.
    You don't say

Slot car racer was in the hub business... until he retired.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Now now, let's not have any silly talk about Slotcar Racer retiring. I work at an optometry school and in case you didn't know, HIPAA regulations are getting stricter and stricter. As a result, the once easy to use work puter is now buttoned up tight...absolutely no personal use with threat of disciplinary action by the IT Nazis. What was once a daily posting routine came to a halt with all that. I continue to post when I find something particularly interesting such as the recent post on building the Mack Speed 12.

Currently prepping for Clash at the Cave. Getting one of those helmets with a light on it .

"re-TIRED"

Hard to believe that my feeble attempt at humor may have actually went over your head...

But now we know why you haven't been posting as much as you used to... I had figured you were busy, but it's even worse that they cut you off!

Glad you still find time for the building tips & pics though - it is always informative and interesting!

Helmet lights might be appropriate for "The Cave" - as well as rather stylish.... but you can actually get lights that fit right on your Opti-Visor!
    (and I even have them in the OWH Slot Car Shop... several different lights to choose from... shameless plug....)

Well it's past 3 AM here in the tropics... I think I'm TIRED, so I better re-TIRE before I type anything stoopid.... (too late).

PK @ OWH
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 11-12-2013 at 12:15 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

I was too tyred to understand what you were talking about....................

I'm glued to this thread. I'm hungry for donuts, though.
    Michael Colvin

I was having trouble with my Mack BD chassis so I stripped it and barely noticed the guide tongue was just a little loose and being held by the brass pins. Any recomendation on how to get a better solder joint? Maybe even Richard can chime in.
    Why do I do this to myself?

I'd pull the guide assembly completely apart, clean all the surfaces and parts of solder, apply a fair amount of acid flux and resolder it.
    Jay Herrod