Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

I'd pull the guide assembly completely apart, clean all the surfaces and parts of solder, apply a fair amount of acid flux and resolder it.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    I'd pull the guide assembly completely apart, clean all the surfaces and parts of solder, apply a fair amount of acid flux and resolder it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    I'm getting a bit of Deja Vu.

I'm getting a bit of Deja Vu.

PK
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Who knows.... maybe "slotcarracer" is really jbird........ only the shadow knows.
    Why do I do this to myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbasher View Post
    Who knows.... maybe "slotcarracer" is really jbird........ only the shadow knows.
    Well that's a big no. Granted, sometimes great minds think alike, but they don't necessarily look alike.
    Alan Ingram

Illegitimate, long-lost son?
    Michael Colvin

Sure. The stuff you know: get it real clean, lots of hot acid, silver solder.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg N View Post
    Sure. The stuff you know: get it real clean, lots of hot acid, silver solder.

Greg
    Don't forget the hot iron!

Kevin,

You forgot who you're talking to. Just tell him to think about current politics and Rob will get so hot that he'll easily melt silver solder just with his finger. The really sad thing is that he has a point.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg N View Post
    Kevin,

You forgot who you're talking to. Just tell him to think about current politics and Rob will get so hot that he'll easily melt silver solder just with his finger. The really sad thing is that he has a point.

Greg
    LOL! You're right Greg, I forgot.

I guess I'll help him out..................GOBAMA

Been off the puter a few days and look what I come back to! Wife, the beagles and I have one more day here on Vashon Island then we drive home Saturday with older daughter fighting for space in the back seat. Got a lot accomplished here. Loaded ten freshly reconditioned PKs into Eurosport set ups and soldered on pinions. Rebuilt two 1/24 Horkys, the newer 2012 and the 2010. The older 2012 raced at the USRA and ISRA Nats is still in good shape. It'll be the test mule next weekend if Frank is open after Turkgiving. It would be nice to sort out the motors before the following weekend at The Cave.

This morning it's time to pack the slot box. We're heading over to Point Robinson lighthouse in a while, incredible beach to walk beagles. Across the water you can see the planes taking off and landing from Seatac.

Hard not to enjoy time on one of the islands of the Puget Sound area.

Good luck at the Cave. Mike Williams once told me that the track has a nice rhythm to it and can be very fast.
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    Hard not to enjoy time on one of the islands of the Puget Sound area.

Good luck at the Cave. Mike Williams once told me that the track has a nice rhythm to it and can be very fast.
    Yeah Alan, it's been a great week up here. We're heading back today, spend the night in Roseburg, OR.

I was thinking about Mike's track and how similar it looks to The Anaconda. Mike was ridiculously fast on The Anaconda at the 2010 Nats.

Isn't that the Nats that FX George won ALL the gold?
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    Isn't that the Nats that FX George won ALL the gold?
    Alan, shhhhhhh! Don't talk about that or FX might get goofy and we all know what happens....it is NOT a good thing. Mike Williams was blazing fast at that Nats. I think he TQd at least a couple if classes.

On Saturday the 16th we had the car all loaded and everyone was ready to leave Dodge
    IMG_2166
    Mt Shasta was having a "bad hair day"
    IMG_2168
    And on Monday morning the shop away from home was all set up
    IMG_2170
    And I do mean the shop was all set up
    IMG_2171
    So I was all ready to work, but not everyone was into working that hard
    IMG_2172
    One of the goals was to get the Formula 1 1/32 tires all trued so FX could put them out for sale. The next goal was loading some newly reconditioned PK arms into ten eurosport set ups
    IMG_2173
    So by Wednesday, all set ups were loaded
    IMG_2176
    Slot work took place in the morning when wife was doing her back exercises. In the afternoons we got out and explored the gorgeous Vashon Island
    IMG_2177
    Of course all that exertion requires plenty of rest in the dog bed we brought from home
    IMG_2178
    And the little beagle adopted this chair at the cottage we rented
    IMG_2179
    Thursday morning it was time to rebuild two Horky eurosport chassis.
    IMG_2181
    And then off we went to Southworth on the Vashon Ferry on an incredibly cold yet super clear day to see the Olympic Peninsula from across the Fred Hood Canal
    IMG_2205
    When we got back to the cottage an emergency package arrived with spring insulation (I forgot to bring....oops) which I added to the ten eurosport motors
    IMG_2211
    So the last night on Vashon was Friday night, and we were up to the usual activities
    IMG_2225
    IMG_2224
    So, on Thanksgiving it'll be time to mount some of those eurosport motors and then go testing at SCR on Saturday.