Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Heading up to SCR to try out aforementioned eurosport motors in one of the 2012 Horky chassis. First motor is a PK 18/25 in a 10 mag set up. Yes, I'll bring the choke....

I also freshened up a Byrd Spec Contender for my FX chassis JRL car. That's gonna be the first race next Saturday on a track I've never been on before. Hopefully after JRL, LMP and GT12 I'll be up to speed for the eurosport racing on Sunday.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Good luck George. work on a bunch of motors and stuff for
    The Garden State Isra Clubs XMAS race
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Testing went really well, did everything on orange on the Testarossa. Used only one chassis, the older 2012 Horky I ran at the Nats earlier this year. Plugged in 7 motors, one getting a 3.13, another with a 3.12 and the best one did a 3.08...that was a Voki 18 mag with PK 19/25. The Speed 12 ran well with .047" solid rails and the Audi R10 body...basically we are running ISRA USA rules down at The Clash. Missed The Hermanator, he was stuck at home getting a Comcast burglar alarm system installed to protect the Hermanator Tire Production Plant. Will meet Hermanator at Vallejo Starbucks around Noon to pick up my LMPs he's borrowed for NORCAL. Then I need to put together an X25 roller for Johnny Lee and get his stuff shipped out tomorrow.

3.0's on orange is flying. The R10 you speak of, is that the same long body as NorCal runs for LMP? Have you tried a JK/BMW? I'm sure it's not as good as the R10 but curious if you've slipped in a little Nats testing? )
    Jay Herrod

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    3.0's on orange is flying. The R10 you speak of, is that the same long body as NorCal runs for LMP? Have you tried a JK/BMW? I'm sure it's not as good as the R10 but curious if you've slipped in a little Nats testing? )
    Jaybird, we're running the same Audi R10 this Saturday as you are running on LMPs at your race. ISRA USA also runs that body in GT12. I have a JK BMW painted and ready to mount but plan to try it the following weekend after this race. Yup, then it'll be time for Nats testing.

The JK BMW is the body of choice on the LMP cars we run at The Cave. I tested the JK BMW on my GT12 cars at The Cave before my last trip to GLISRA. The body is good, but just not as good as the RF long Audi. Still have those JK bodies ready for the ISRA Masters in Chicago in January.

Change of plans for Friday. Stopping at Comcast in Livermore to pick up Hermanator for a full road trip. We got Extended a Stay near The Cave for $40 a night on Priceline. All stuff is ready to go, or at least as ready as it will be!

the dynamic duo ride again
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Pretty much all packed for The Cave. I put Protodog together last night and will bring a Starfighter for it as a practice car. Of course I'm thinking ahead and bringing an R10 for it too because once you've designated a car as a "practice car" that automatically turns it into the "race car". I've given Hermanator instructions on picking up some Subways before I get to Comcast. Recently I have added cucumber to the tuna sandwich on whole wheat along with tomato, green pepper and olives. Kind of similar to the Lee Gilbert Subway of tuna on white bread, extra mayonaise and lettuce.

That sounds too healthy SCR, I'll have a Maxwell's in your honor this weekend @ the GLISRA race!

Ahh but Kevin, you have not yet seen the 6 foot BURRITO we're having for lunch on Saturday (I haven't either). But you're right, nothing rivals Maxwell's for slot racing lunches!

Sounds good Mike!

I've always found it funny that a 1 pound burrito can produce 2 pounds of sh..! I sure hope the Cave has adequate facilities to handle the effects of that much burrito.LOL

Thanks for the thought....I hope our host has thought about that!

No reports from the race at the cave?
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com