Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by oldweirdherald View Post
    Testing 1 2 3...

testing.
    The testing did pay off yesterday, won the 1/24 Eurosport race at SCR, but just barely. Hermanator was really strong with a stout motor and steady driving. I dumped it at least three times in the "90" (or whatever it's called) on red lane and really had a dismal start. Hermanator was flying on white. I shook it off on green running 3.4s, then had a string of very good heats on blue, purple, black and yellow with fast time of 3.2s. Orange and white were a bit dicey, had to go into tire conservation mode as it was looking like tire change time. The gear side tire was .587" at the end of the race, but the other side was still .617" so that gave the car enough traction. That high speed donut really blows off the gear tire. I finished my race and Hermanator had two heats to go on yellow and orange. I felt like he would blow by me in lap total helped by the fact there was a lot of attrition and he only had three other cars on the track for those last two heats. When the dust settled I won by only a lap, a squeaker. Ran the 2010 Horky with a single mag set up and a PK 20t25.5.

Tore the motor down today and the front brush was almost disappeared. Next took the chassis apart. Not in bad shape actually, one rail just bent up maybe .010". I discovered that when taking the pans off the Horky it is not necessary to remove the outer pan stop. You learn something new every day....

Every day....

Hello?

Hello?

Anybody there?? Testing Testing
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

I'm here - a bit shakey though.

We just had a 6.3 quake
    Zippity

"Rules are written by FEAR; and that Racers are motivated by the Fear that somebody may have something that gives others an Edge." - Rocky Russo

This was only a test. If this was an actual emergency the tone you just heard would have been followed by important information and possible instructions. this was only a test.
    Asking all things relevant-

Nice to hear about the win...seems like SR ha been a little quiet lately
    Alan Ingram

I was testing because I got a PM from Fast Freddie that maybe this thread was stuck or something...

but maybe it has just been quiet.

I wasn't sure if we had finally hit some sort of thread or post limit, or if the page numbers had gotten so long they didn't show.

Either way I thought at least my post might shake things up a bit.

Things were pretty shaky today in Seattle - but that was the "Beast Quake".

I didn't think I would shake things up literally way down in NZ though. I hope it wasn't my "fault".

6.3 sounds like a biggy... Glad to hear our buddy Zip is ok. I'll have to check the news on that one.

BTW - If the page numbers are getting too darned big to show up... you can reset the number of posts per page in your user control panel.
    But LMK by PM if it is causing any sort of problem for anyone... if so we might have to start another thread???

Good to hear from Slot Car Racer again... and that he did some shaking up of his own.

I now return you to slot car racing.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finished up a Richard Mack Speed 12 chassis for someone and took a shot of soldering in well aligned pin tubes

giving away all my secrets
    Last edited by gotboostedvr6; 01-20-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotboostedvr6 View Post
    giving away all my secrets
    Do you do it that way too??

It's impossible to get the rear pin tubes square to the pans if you install them as the last step after the entire chassis is assembled. So it kind of made more sense to put the tubes in while the pans are still separate from the center section. I think it's common sense, something I occasionally have but not very often...

I remember the first time Slot Car Racer showed me his "Pin Tube Installation Tool". It was a so simple and obvious, but yet very cool. :-)
    Michael Colvin

i race slot cars up in connecticut

Must be time for my semi annual post on the thread I started. Frank Sarkela put on an excellent show over this past weekend. One of the best events at SCR in ages. Touted "NORCAL USRA" we ran Box 12, GT12, 27 Lite and 1/24 Eurosport. Track opened at 10am, racing started at Noon, I was in my car heading home at 5:50pm....all three minute heat races.

I turn marshaled the two wing races which were fun to watch. Our resident "Sebastian Vettel", Paul Gawronski, swept all four races. I attempted to keep him honest on the flat track, but the guy is an amazing driver. This was one of his better days. He seemed refreshed after taking some time off slots.

The GT12 results:

And the 1/24 Eurosport results:

Nice to see fxgeorge let SCR out of the work room long enough to make a post .Thought perhaps fxgeorge bumped scr off.
    Just Picked up a new timing meter from go fast products wow nice piece of equipment.will be looking to get arm meter in future.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Just finished cleaning up the F1 car for the Nats. Installed a new mill. Camen Gulliver F1. PK .460" arm. No more specifics at this time.

built this H&R JRL for 1 of the club guys need to finish front tires and on to the second 1 for another club guy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140417_223441_1..jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	14417  

Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com