Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

I actually feel like I got something done last night, built two G12 motors preparing for Slugfest which is less than two weeks away. The Nats winning car only needed new tires and an Outisight Bent Lee and it is ready to go. The car I ran last Saturday at Frank's is torn down, I need to pull the bushings and replace with bearings, then I will use that mule to test the two G12s I built last night. The two motors have new hand wound Pro Slot .540s, the usual Cahoza set ups at .560"....one used to be a NORCAL LMP Contender, but last night I pulled the .560" hone through it to make it a more useful lump.

Also finished making the Speedshop tuning mods to the Horky eurosport chassis, extended the spine to the guide tongue and some weight on the front elephant ears. I decided against the full stainless pin tube across the front, just staying with independent pin tubes. Resoldered the earring clip on top of the additional spine in same position. I think Horky's leadwire routing works well. OK, better move on to "work" now....
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Weather is finally clearing up here, nice morning. On my second cuppa coffee. Wife was at work last night, so the beagles and I made dinner then I got to work. I had an older Cahoza UL can with endbell with some Koford "recycled" mags in it. I knocked out the Kofords and the can is in really good shape. Not much of a trench in the rear, so I pulled out a pair of new T5s, pulled out the Skinner epoxy and got to work. I'm really pleased with the end result. The mags did not move and I've pretty much figgered out the spacing for them. Pulled through .530, .535, .550 and final pull the .560". Then, for the finishing touch, I still had my 2010 Nats winning BOW WOW armature freshly reconned, so got it together and broke er in. OMG, it sounded really good when I wound it up a few times. So, I have one of the new PS handwounds already mounted in Dog One, the second PS awaits testing and the BOW WOW also awaits testing.

Got the bearings installed in Dog One and all cleaned up. Three Bent Lees painted and mounted at different spoiler heights.

This morning I bullet proofed the G10 body. Short Starfighter on the X25 car with the BOW WOW 16D motor. Geared it 10:40 and will give it a test at Frank's this weekend just for silly giggles. I already know the Mack JRL is a bullet. I just need to put the Nats Contender into my C11, mount an R8 on it and I am pretty much ready for Phillie. Uh oh, there's a month and a half until the race....that's too much time, my little brain may come up with too many other ideas....

Hmmm. A month and a half to the big race and ready to go! Where is the fun in that? No all night work sessions? No waiting at the door before your flight for the FedEx driver? No worrying about what you didn't get done or what you forgot to do?

Come on. I thought you were a Slotcar Racer!

Hmmm. Maybe that's my problem!?!?

Last minute is the way I roll and that is why I have last min problems.

I need to fix that I think i need a 48hr day just to get it all in.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Slotcar Racer
    Don't rush it theres more like 7 1/2 weeks till Phili race . Still haven't got my box out of the truck need to get going here. have 2 jrl motors to build 1 needs to be sent to Calif. So it can be run and hopefully sent out and balanced before July and 3 chassis and 1 1/32 euro motor have to call Lou and get that arm .not to mention about 6 motors to be rebuild . Have N.E championship race first AKA Lou's Birthday race to get ready for first and thats only less then 4 weeks away will be running Lou's track for first time with new braid and surface .
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

yea me too
    TEAM B.O.W
    In memory of Gordy Root a great mentor and friend
    One time at Slotnerds camp

You're sounding busy yourself Mic! As for Slotcar Racer, I finished mounting my Group 10 body last night, the short Starfighter looks good on the shorter X25 chassis. I'll try it out this weekend up at Slot Car Raceway. I also finished rebuilding Dog One, installed axle bearings, soldered in one of the new G12 motors and mounted the 1-5/8" spoiler height Bent Lee. Then I put a guide with braid and the rear end assembly for the older Horky eurosport chassis and started mounting the remaining long Audi R10s I still have to mount for Seattle.

Finally started 1/32 euro chassis build about half done will finish tomorrow.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Which one are you building? Details Mic, we need the details!

SR,

I too have started to prep for the IRSA/USA North American Scale Championship race July 14th – 17th in Philly. One of the things I’ve been working on is four new Red Fox 16D setups with 3 different kinds of magnets in them. I built one a few weeks ago with ProSlot magnets in the Red Fox setup and a ProSlot arm. I let a friend test it in a weekly race and it was very good. Funny thing is he doesn’t seem to want to give it back so quickly… I just finished putting another one of them together and it sounds more like a C can motor then a 16D on the power supply. I’m going to drop it into X25 #1 with a Star Fighter short for testing this weekend.

Also up for testing this weekend is a brand new GT-12 chassis from across the pond. It’s the first one of its kind to make it here to the States so I’m hoping it will proves to be something special!!! The motor is a new variation for me as well…
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

Sorry SR its a mosetti chassis
    Jeff another new gt-12 chassis and no details .you give up on the horky already . Wish I had your slot car budget. LOL
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Hey Mic,

I haven't given up on the Horky yet but I have to say with a 12 motor in it the chassis has not been very impressive. I'm playing around with some lead hoping to get it to hook up. To this point the Mack B-Dog 2 run circles around it! The new chassis is a GT12 version of the Pinewood S16 chassis.

Budget is pretty much shot in the butt at this point and besides didn't you post that you're building 4 new chassis... Maybe we need to swop budgets... LOL
    Balanced by Bill

Jeff
    3 new chassis all kits still not what a horky cost LOL . If it don't come in a kit it probably won't find its way to my box. Unless a certain racer I know gives up on said horky and wants to take a big loss LOL.Going to make some more changes to tazer after what Whit did to us all Saturday there's hope for that chassis
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Mic,

I'll bet you came pretty close my friend... picked it up for a decent price. I'm a long way from giving up on it!

I'm with you on the Tazer! I need to find the time to sit down and pull the back half of the chassis apart again... It's going to be awhile... LOL
    Balanced by Bill