Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by MentalKase View Post
    Since I started the "Ablation" discourse - Ablation -- As in "Track Ablation" - Removal of track surface via friction/scraping.

Accretion sounds like the compounding of Accumulation & Secretion and would probably initiate more segways to greater thread drift.....
    Guy, I had faith in your knowledge of the English language all along. I have to agree that the antecedent "cretion" has a nasty connotation of secretion, so aesthetically it is a terrible choice of words. I believe I was initially attracted to "ablation" because of the word "blat" in the middle, and as a former trombonist this had a great deal of appeal. However, you have demonstrated that your term is, in fact, correctly used.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

After the Belhaven Scottish Ale and Harris Ranch barbequed ribs with XXL artichoke, I watched the amazing F1 race. After that, I was inspired to build a motor, so I took the infamous "Trench Set Up" (Cahoza UL can/eb, Koford magnets) and bored it out to .560". Loaded up a BOW X12 arm, short Bigfoot II brushes and Champion lights and broke it in. This is slated for installation into the PMP chassis this evening.

PMP Chassis looks great George. I have been testing it for a week on my track with great results. Are you going to try it on the Testarosa soon? Anxious to see how well it does.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Raceway View Post
    PMP Chassis looks great George. I have been testing it for a week on my track with great results. Are you going to try it on the Testarosa soon? Anxious to see how well it does.
    Yes Dub, probably Saturday. I'll post results. It looks like a great chassis. I do have to reinforce the front hinge, it will not last through even a moderate hit. Built the motor for it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Guy, I had faith in your knowledge of the English language all along. I have to agree that the antecedent "cretion" has a nasty connotation of secretion, so aesthetically it is a terrible choice of words. I believe I was initially attracted to "ablation" because of the word "blat" in the middle, and as a former trombonist this had a great deal of appeal. However, you have demonstrated that your term is, in fact, correctly used.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! Trombone?,well I would imagine "blat" is familiar!

I think the heat, rum & no slot cars down there in PK land are giving him new creative skills.
    Guy Middleton
    Everything I was taught in Engineering school I had already learned from slot cars....

Yes Dub, probably Saturday. I'll post results. It looks like a great chassis. I do have to reinforce the front hinge, it will not last through even a moderate hit. Built the motor for it last night.
    The stronger hinge and probably longer spline will go into the next edition.. Pedro has also said he will have replacement hinges cut.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    3rd Eye Controllers

Hi SCR,
    didn't know you were a real ale fan.

I do loads of ale festivals and brewery trips over here in England, but I have to say there were lots of good beers available in the bars around Chi Town last year, can't wait to get back.

Woody
    Woodyatoaklands

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Raceway View Post
    The stronger hinge and probably longer spline will go into the next edition.. Pedro has also said he will have replacement hinges cut.
    Dub, let me know when you get any replacement hinges....in the meantime, I think I found a piece of scrap steel with some cutouts that should fit the job well. Also, mounting the motor tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody-England View Post
    Hi SCR,
    didn't know you were a real ale fan.

I do loads of ale festivals and brewery trips over here in England, but I have to say there were lots of good beers available in the bars around Chi Town last year, can't wait to get back.

Woody
    Woody, I want to come over for the British Nats maybe next year.....maybe we can book a brewery trip in conjunction with the race. CRASH Codger has been talking about it too, and he drinks his ale with chocolate chip cookies dipped in Cool Whip. Sounds a bit sickening, but it works. That Bellhaven I had a few nights ago was fabulous, really exceptional.

Dub, let me know when you get any replacement hinges....in the meantime, I think I found a piece of scrap steel with some cutouts that should fit the job well. Also, mounting the motor tonight.
    I mounted a faster motor in the chassis today. Consistently a tenth faster than the track record. Has more potential I think. I think if I set the retainer that holds the bite bar a little lower to limit some up and down pan movement it will become an even faster chassis. What do you think SCR? Gonna test with bullet proof under the bite bar on the pans closest to center to keep the edges up before I make a permanent change to the set up
    Last edited by "Dub" Wade; 06-14-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    3rd Eye Controllers

SR,

I'm sure the Bellhaven was great, but at Harris Ranch EVERYTHING is great. My mouth waters reading your journal.

IMHO, California's finest steakhouse - right off I-5, but otherwise middle of nowhere, far more cattle than people in close proximity. OTOH, there are 3 raceways within 1 1/2 hrs., 6 inside of 3 hrs. Better than most of the country!
    A clean slotcar is a happy slotcar!!

SCR,

You are working to hard on your program. Run that stuff from 07. It will be fine, trust me.

Braid depth at Lou's

Reports that the rebraid on Lou's track has the depth at .10 to .15 is good news. Especially for 32nd cars. I have a .10 recess block and checked all my cars and they look fine with no chassis adjustments. Iím using low profile guides of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty@B.O.W. View Post
    SR,

I'm sure the Bellhaven was great, but at Harris Ranch EVERYTHING is great. My mouth waters reading your journal.

IMHO, California's finest steakhouse - right off I-5, but otherwise middle of nowhere, far more cattle than people in close proximity. OTOH, there are 3 raceways within 1 1/2 hrs., 6 inside of 3 hrs. Better than most of the country!
    Yeah Monty, I have fond memories of the days when Herman and I used to drive to Buena Park fairly often, we'd stop at Harris Ranch on the way south, then on the way home stop at Philipe's in old Los Angeles across from the Union Train Station. Good racing, good conversation, good eating....those were the good ol' days!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff714 View Post
    SR,

Very cool looking chassis... I like the way the weight is concentrated in the rear of the pans and the setup of the front weights.. What size rails did you use?
    .047" rails....same as I use on the Bulldog