Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Raceway View Post
    The stronger hinge and probably longer spline will go into the next edition.. Pedro has also said he will have replacement hinges cut.
    I missed the part about the long spine, Dub. Hmmm, yeah, I did wonder why the half spine like the current Horkys. When I test it, I might solder a .047" piano wire from the end of the spine to the guide tongue to see what that does...you might try the same unless you've already done it. Last night I decided not to mess around with the front hinges, just leave it alone but not race it in Philadelphia.....The last thing I need is a fast car with a delicate design! For now, my race car is my Mack Open 12 which Hermanator blazed a 3.60. He thinks it would do a 3.5 but didn't want to wad it in the process.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Quote Originally Posted by LoudCat View Post
    SCR,

You are working to hard on your program. Run that stuff from 07. It will be fine, trust me.
    I'll run the 07 stuff if you keep your controller off my chair.

George
    Woody and I will entertain you royally if you come to our 24 nats next year. Of course I come from the land of belhaven. On tap in most bars in edinburgh. Try a Belhaven followed by a McCallmans chaser and you can then race like Jenson Button. This years 24 nats is expected to field a very strong international entry.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Woody-England View Post
    Hi SCR,
    didn't know you were a real ale fan.

I do loads of ale festivals and brewery trips over here in England, but I have to say there were lots of good beers available in the bars around Chi Town last year, can't wait to get back.

Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    I missed the part about the long spine, Dub. Hmmm, yeah, I did wonder why the half spine like the current Horkys. When I test it, I might solder a .047" piano wire from the end of the spine to the guide tongue to see what that does...you might try the same unless you've already done it. Last night I decided not to mess around with the front hinges, just leave it alone but not race it in Philadelphia.....The last thing I need is a fast car with a delicate design! For now, my race car is my Mack Open 12 which Hermanator blazed a 3.60. He thinks it would do a 3.5 but didn't want to wad it in the process.
    Im thinking the longer spline wont be necessary, Im having them cut with a slightly higher carbon percentage steel. The steel is also Galvanized Zinc and Blue. Should be a little better quality. Wont know till later this month though.
    Last edited by "Dub" Wade; 06-15-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

George,
    it would be great if you could make it over.

Woody
    Woodyatoaklands

I walked the beagles last night after dinner and came up with an inspiration for a good practice eurosport motor. I have a Valiko 22t24.5 with only .199" on the comm (maybe one more truing after this) and thought I'd put it in the set up I ran in ES32 at the Scale Nats this April. This set up is the latest Gulliver, slightly wider can .605" o.d., .455T X .300L quads and opened up to .491" airgap. The arm is almost used up, and I have not had good success with this particular arm. I've put it in the closet a number of times to punish it. Got this motor built up last night and of course it sounds better than expected. I didn't quite have time to load it into Horky #1, but that will happen tonight. This weekend I need to do some side by side testing of the Audi R8 coupe versus the ISRA International Audi R10 (short). In some preliminary testing I liked the short R10 better, but I am going to concentrate on this harder this weekend.

Got the PKs back from Camen GEEZER,

DSCN4173

Now trying to figure out where to put the arms. I know for sure I'll start by putting a 19t25 into my Camen small block 18 mag, it's been bored out to .500"+.

Oh, somebody was wondering what the writing is on the paper on top of my shelf, here is the complete picture:

DSCN4162

I emailed it to Richard Mack to see if he could identify the parts for the PMP chassis....but, I eventually figured it out on my own using my noodle.

Ain't noodles a wonderful thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ain't noodles a wonderful thing?
    This best describes what I was referring to.....

noodlebrain

I was thinking along the line of Chinese noodles

It was very hot at Slot Car Raceway, Rohnert Park, California yesterday, at least 80F degrees. The track conditions were not ideal, lap times seemed to be off about .2 seconds even after zip gripping a practice car every 10 laps for 15 minutes! I was interested to see how the PMP chassis worked. It was certainly a viable chassis, but no better than any Macks. In fact, I found the PMP kind of kicked out in the esses a little more than the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs seemed more smooth and settled in the esses, and they came off the lead on more smoothly. Best time for PMP was 3.84 and the Dogs did 3.82. The Mack Open 12 (that should have remained in the box) did 3.72 after only a few laps....then went right back into the box.

I did a side by side test of the Red Fox Audi R8 coupe versus the Audi R10 short (ISRA) body on my Horky eurosports. It was really no contest, the R10 short was tons better. The R8 is mounted at 1 5/8" rear spoiler and seems really top heavy and looser. Not much grip with the R8. Once I put the R10 short on it, the grip came back and the car was much more integrated.

Same for the Group 10 body test, the Starfighter was .2 seconds faster than the O/S Bentlee #068. The Bentlee was all over the place, best time 4.7....Starfighter went back to almost full punch around the track with a 4.44 (4.29 last week in better conditions).

And, with JRL, the body test went to the Red Fox F1 body over the Red Fox Indycar. Again, a no brainer.

SCR - I find you testing results very interesting, especially about the Mack GT12 versus the Mack Open 12. I find the Mack GT12 easier to drive and faster than the OG-12 chassis....

Any pictures of the OG-12 chassis to see the weight configuration? What about rail size?
    Farmingdale, NJ 07727
    732-938-5215

SCR...

Silly question I know...but what does the Starfighter body look like??? Don't think I've ever seen one. Seen plenty of the O/S Bentlee's which is pretty much the go to GTP body down here in FL..

Mike R

I think this is it....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4518572091_88c6d0c6.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	8996  

Quote Originally Posted by wjdougherty View Post
    I think this is it....
    Thats it! There is a long and a short.. Short is a little quicker, but the long body is nearly glued to the track.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers