Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Wit Wiz Freddie, the only way to go! Both Pat's and Geno's claim to be the original, they are across the street from one another. I start at Pat's, down one, walk across the street to Geno's, down another, and then at some point crawl back to the car.

I thought this tread was about slot cars and prep work. Prep 1 of those cheese steaks with wheels and bring it back to the track for me LOL
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Proper eating is an integral feature of slotcar racing

Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper802 View Post
    Wit Wiz Freddie, the only way to go! Both Pat's and Geno's claim to be the original, they are across the street from one another. I start at Pat's, down one, walk across the street to Geno's, down another, and then at some point crawl back to the car.
    Pat's for cheese witz peppers and Gino's for provolone and onions. That my routine and I'm sticking with it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

2 down hopr they run the track as good as they look
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mack jrl JPG..jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	9049  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mosetti 1 32 euro.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	9050  

Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Hey Mic, I just logged in and saw your photos...good job buddy! The bite bar configuration on your ES32 looks quite interesting.....me thinks me has some awesome competition in a few weeks!!

Last night I finished putting glue on all the 3/32" 1/24 scale wheels and donuts. Tonight they get dipped in lacquer thinner and mated.

Also last night I had the opportunity to view (in person) a new Koford eurosport motor....I even had the opportunity to grind its shaft down to 1.5mm for its owner! The motor looked good, built by Beuf. Pretty much like a Camen "small block", the can o.d. is .625", magnet dimensions of .420T X .300L...not sure of the mag configuration. The only unusual thing was the arm diameter....only .456", like a Camen Gulliver. Stack length is .300". My understanding is Beuf will be going to .480" diameter arms next in this same motor set up. Probably a good idea.

I hope to have a Beuf built Koford set up soon. Big mag 12-14 for a .480 arm. Thats what I would like to run at Flats. Ill let you know more about it when I get it.
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

Thanks SR
    No dreams of grandeur for me if my stuff is competitive and I make b mains I will be 1 happy camper.1/24 Saunder euro is done some fresh axle bearings and a good cleaning fresh motor ready to go.
    Have to admit all this talk of wonder rubber and supernatural rubber is got me a little scared never tune a car for anything but soft tires but sure it will work out. Maybe hermanator needs to harden some of his tires up for us?
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Thanks SR
    No dreams of grandeur for me if my stuff is competitive and I make b mains I will be 1 happy camper.1/24 Saunder euro is done some fresh axle bearings and a good cleaning fresh motor ready to go.
    Have to admit all this talk of wonder rubber and supernatural rubber is got me a little scared never tune a car for anything but soft tires but sure it will work out. Maybe hermanator needs to harden some of his tires up for us?
    You'll do great Mic. For the wonder rubber and supernatural rubber we'll be well prepared as I have been gluing up those donuts too, and now we also found a similar rubber we heard about from a racer in Italy...we got a shipment of stuff very similar to supernaturals but better wear. We're good and ready.
    Last edited by Slotcar Racer; 06-29-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: mmmmm, donuts.....

Only amateurs get cheesesteaks with Wiz on it. I've never had a Pat's sandwitch I believe Genos was first. Genos use to sell pizza's to.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

George since you are flying 3000+ miles to race I figure the least I can do it buy you your first true Philly Cheesesteak. The only question now is, will you be a Pat's guy or a Geno's guy? My personal solution to this issue is to eat one of each every time I'm in Philly.
    Some of the locals will tell you to skip Pat's and Geno's and go to Tony Luke's.

I've had all 3 and they are all good but none of them, IMHO, are nearly as good as a similar sandwich from Garibaldi's in the Chicago suburbs.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Mike
    Are you talking about that slow cooked roast beef in au ju they make in chicago a golf buddy got some shipped here for our Monday night golf league it was great.
    SR that makes me feel better about the tires .got a spare 1/32 arm coming from Monty on a .485 blank glad I called him.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post
    Some of the locals will tell you to skip Pat's and Geno's and go to Tony Luke's.

I've had all 3 and they are all good but none of them, IMHO, are nearly as good as a similar sandwich from Garibaldi's in the Chicago suburbs.
    OK, now I've done it, 3:37pm, about an hour of work to go and I am starving....gee, thanks for mentioning this Mike!!!! I'M HUNGRY!!!!!

So this is one of the secrets to getting the right tire compound for Lou's refurbished Super 8....I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but...

DSCN4199

I use this tray after the hubs have been glued in, and there you have it, Stubb's Hubbs.

DSCN4200

Like most people who never lived in Philly let alone been there, you need to understand one thing Mike. Having a cheesesteak outside of Philly, while it may be good, doesn't make it a Philly cheesesteak just like having a deepdish pizza outside of Chicago doesn't make it a Geno's East deepdish pizza no matter how good it taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post

I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.