Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

The new Camen motor was installed into Horky #2 last night

DSCN4216

And being as short as it is, very easy to install....much easier than a regular small block

DSCN4214

In fact, it is easy to see how much shorter the motor is compared to a small block by looking at this photo of the bottom of the car

DSCN4215

You can see a small cut out area of the chassis where the small block endbell hardware used to be....compare that to where the endbell hardware is on Fat Boy.
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

That is a beautiful thing! If you don't mind me "snooping" around your desk- who makes that 1/24 Euro chassis in the upper right of picture #1?
    Asking all things relevant-

Thanks Berteinstein (whatever the heck that name means Jasn). I think you'll be seeing one of those chassis pretty soon from what I understand...we'll leave it at that....

Quote Originally Posted by Berteinstein View Post
    That is a beautiful thing! If you don't mind me "snooping" around your desk- who makes that 1/24 Euro chassis in the upper right of picture #1?
    Looks similar to GSR
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

My guess its the new piero castricone from sunny italy

George
    Love the way you colour co-ordinate your armatures and chassis.

Patrick Skene of Jolly Olde England, you have won the Identify that Chassis in The Picture contest! Yep, freshly flown over from sunny Italy to sunny California. Yesterday went to Frank's and picked up a pair of axle bearings and a Slick 7 axle for it...I have the rest of the parts and a body, so over the next few days of this July 4th weekend I should get that Italian Beauty put together.

Also at Frank's I tested the new Camen motor which was artfully color coordinated with the chassis, but other than the lovely purple hues of the car, the motor is really, really good. It has a pretty tight airgap, honed to .495" and the arm is .484" but this is pretty much the Speedshop airgap of .005" per side (.480 arm in a .490 hole). On a hot day where the track had perhaps not been run on since Thursday, I got it down to 3.89 pretty quickly and along with that, I could tell the motor was a good match for the Horky chassis. I put a 1/24 Horky on the track to get a baseline of the track condition and only managed a 3.52 which is not a very good lap time...tells me the 1/32 car is pretty close in lap time to a 1/24. Obviously more testing to come, but it will be mostly in Philadelphia at Ramada Raceway. OK, now on to tire truing....

SR
    Spent about 12 hours at Lou's yesterday running and tuning and testing different body's .Track still hadn't been cleaned from birthday race. It was very stuck when we got there and the surface got a little lose as the day went on then tightened up again when the sun went down.1/32 euro was good but had a little to much motor and could of used a set of treated tires. G-10 was just awesome on regular tires could almost run track flat out. Jrl was good also needed a harder tire for the conditions but ran the track very well . 1/24 euro was very good with Audi R-8 it was way to stuck with R-10. there could be a surprise body for that class that a lot of racers wouldn't use for euro promised not to name it or I have to look for a different room. (sorry) long day but a lot of fun .Would like to thank Lou Piro for all his help and Marybeth for the pizza and garlic knots for lunch. myself and Andrew had him to ourselves all day long .Thanks Andrew for the awesome x-25 chassis and driving six hours so we could do this.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Purple? Reminds me of Trinity cars'....please keep Ernie away!

Could someone post the fast times from the birthday race so we can see baseline a for all the classes.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Mike
    Lou is away today .Jerry Herbert should have those times for you post this on the race thread and I'm sure he will help
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Mike
    Lou is away today .Jerry Herbert should have those times for you post this on the race thread and I'm sure he will help
    Maybe Lou or Mary Beth could help out. They may still have the race results from the birthday race.

I do know that all the track records that were set on the old surface, both total laps and fast times for all the classes, did not change. I do not believe that fast times set at the birthday race were as fast as the track records. My guess is that they were a tenth or 2 off, but Lou or Mary Beth would know for sure. Here is a link for the track records that Lou posted a few months back. http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...330#post259330
    Farmingdale, NJ 07727
    732-938-5215

Re: Gear Ratios

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer:

Doggone it Lou, I knew I should have copied it when I saw it...you posted some lap times for the Super 8 and I've just spent the past 15 minutes looking through threads trying to find it. Can you direct me to that post where you had lap times for the different classes, or could you send me a reply with those times?

Herman and I were on the phone a few nights ago and he was talking about eurosport 4.1-4.2 or thereabouts....kind of the same times as Midwest Monster is what Herm said. Your help would be much appreciated in this regard!

Slotcar Racer:

BLT on the new surface from the June Race:
    B-Prod 5.17
    1/24 Euro 4.60
    Open 12 4.71
    1/32 F1 6.19
    1/32 Euro 5.21
    JRL 5.71
    Gp10 5.37

Sorry for the delay in our reply,
    Mary Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SR
    Spent about 12 hours at Lou's yesterday running and tuning and testing different body's .Track still hadn't been cleaned from birthday race. It was very stuck when we got there and the surface got a little lose as the day went on then tightened up again when the sun went down.1/32 euro was good but had a little to much motor and could of used a set of treated tires. G-10 was just awesome on regular tires could almost run track flat out. Jrl was good also needed a harder tire for the conditions but ran the track very well . 1/24 euro was very good with Audi R-8 it was way to stuck with R-10. there could be a surprise body for that class that a lot of racers wouldn't use for euro promised not to name it or I have to look for a different room. (sorry) long day but a lot of fun .Would like to thank Lou Pirro for all his help and Marybeth for the pizza and garlic knots for lunch. myself and Andrew had him to ourselves all day long .Thanks Andrew for the awesome x-25 chassis and driving six hours so we could do this.
    Mic, yet another very informative and well executed report. Thanks for that information. Hermanator spoke with Lou a few days back and was told he wants to really rubber up the track before cleaning it as an aid to the breaking-in process. Sounds like a great idea, and I think it explains the track conditions you had. Wow, it's less than two weeks to Philadelphia!

hey Mic thanks for getting back to me what time you went i really wanted to ride up w you!!!
    Robert Geibel
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Power by Mic Byrd & ChaChing Motors.
    Garden State Isra/Usa
    Garden State Isra Club, Bayville NJ
    Retro East
    Retro Chassis by JRM Chassis