Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Sweet thanks guys.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by Rcg Racing View Post
    hey Mic thanks for getting back to me what time you went i really wanted to ride up w you!!!
    Sorry Rcg thought you knew what time we where leaving turns out I had just enough braids for myself so it was good you missed the ride LOL
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 07-04-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

SR
    happy 4th of july buddy. 10 days left
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

I got around to building up the new Castricone car yesterday

DSCN4217

The pillow blocks are designed to accept the regular 3/32" axle bearings, but you may also buzz off three small areas in the hole to open it up for a 2X5 bearing if you want to run 2mm axle. I am using the 3/32" axle, however I did buzz off the bottom of the hole so I could lower the axle for 44T height. It looks like the axle is jigged for a 45T spur. I love the fact he put two built in "earring clips" for leadwires, and he placed them perfectly. Good job Piero, this one looks great. Testing next Saturday at Frank's....

DSCN4218
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Oh no only 10 days I have work to do I need to start building.
    Last edited by mazur50; 07-05-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

SR
    the Piero chassis looks great like the way he did the center rail looks very strong
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

SR is that the same chassis roger has in stock at Mid-America.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    SR is that the same chassis roger has in stock at Mid-America.
    Compare the photos I posted with what you are looking at in Roger's display case. It is Piero Castricone's new eurosport chassis, I think Roger has carried Piero's chassis in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is carrying this product now. You'll have to go over to the display case and look, or ask Roger. I haven't tried it yet, but it has some interesting features, particularly the guide movement.

Can someone explain the difference between GT12 and Open12?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Can someone explain the difference between GT12 and Open12?
    Thanks.
    For the most part it is the chassis.

USRA has a price restriction on the chassis and Open12 has no restriction on the chassis so ou can have a $270 in open12 But the USRA legal Bulldog2 is very completive.

Mike
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

SR, I'm curious you built the Piero chassis with 3/32 axle, have you strayed from the 2mm axle camp? In the past you seemed to be a 2mm believer. Nice looking car!

Good morning KVP, yes I have strayed from the Speedshop philosophy of running 2mm on 1/24 Eurosport. My Horky euros have only been 3/32" axle, and I converted my Mack Eurosport to 3/32". Have you noticed when you put a pair of tires on a 2mm Eurosport and tighten the set screw the whole thing flexes like crazy? That got me to thinking about trying 3/32" axles again. Lo and behold, I found the car worked more to my liking. The 2mm axle on the 1/24 Eurosport was another element of Speedshop technology using the old Speedshop chassis. That particular chassis needed the motor to be moved to the rear as far as possible to create more bite especially using ISRA International rules (.812" tyres) (notice the international spelling of "tires"). Sometimes we continue down the same path when it is no longer necessary. I think the more flexible chassis such as the Horky do not work as well with the more flexible axle which is basically a relic of the past Speedshop pan chassis. The bottom line is, I tried both and returned to the larger axle. For some I think it remains a "camp" and a "belief system", but I am more pragmatic and have not lost my manhood by going back to axles from a previous era.

Last 4 sets of tires have been glued and cut down to .700". Two sets on .400" hubs and the other two on .430" hubs. I pulled the new ProSlot SuperWasp motor out of the H&R JRL and installed it into an old JK C11. This will be my "practice" car for Philly. This way I can log laps without running the main cars very much. If I can get that lump around the track the main cars will be screaming. Just some little stuff to take care of yet and then I need to start packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Good morning KVP, yes I have strayed from the Speedshop philosophy of running 2mm on 1/24 Eurosport. My Horky euros have only been 3/32" axle, and I converted my Mack Eurosport to 3/32". Have you noticed when you put a pair of tires on a 2mm Eurosport and tighten the set screw the whole thing flexes like crazy? That got me to thinking about trying 3/32" axles again. Lo and behold, I found the car worked more to my liking. The 2mm axle on the 1/24 Eurosport was another element of Speedshop technology using the old Speedshop chassis. That particular chassis needed the motor to be moved to the rear as far as possible to create more bite especially using ISRA International rules (.812" tyres) (notice the international spelling of "tires"). Sometimes we continue down the same path when it is no longer necessary. I think the more flexible chassis such as the Horky do not work as well with the more flexible axle which is basically a relic of the past Speedshop pan chassis. The bottom line is, I tried both and returned to the larger axle. For some I think it remains a "camp" and a "belief system", but I am more pragmatic and have not lost my manhood by going back to axles from a previous era.
    That is one of the reasons this forum is so helpful SR. You don't just stick with the "status quo" ! Probably the reason you are usually at the top of the leader board too !

SR, oh wise one, I noticed in your response you said "in 1/24th Eurosport", would that imply that 2mm is alright/good for 1/32 scale?

I will assume your answer to be yes as some of your recent builds have used 2mm. Would not the same wobble be present there as well, since we again will assume, we will be torquing the set screws just as hard?

Is the wobble more of a complete axle flex or are the hub designs different between the scales, so as not to be present in the smaller scale?