Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Can someone forward it to me please ? I did not race last year so I am not in the system.

alan.ingram00@gmail.com

Thank You
    Alan Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by backintheslot View Post
    SCR, Bluey sent out the rule changes via e-mail this morning.
    John, I sent you a PM asking you to forward the rules to my email address...I'd appreciate that very muchly. Guess I'm not on Bluey's email list.

I let Fred know about Bluey sending out an email....I'm never sure if the right hand is connected to the left hand at NORCAL....
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Done deal..................
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

The grass is always greener on the other side...........................
    Frank Sarkela
    Slot Car Raceway & Hobbies
    305 Southwest Blvd
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    707-795-4156
    Visit our Raceway Website: http://www.scrhobby.com
    Visit our Online Store: http://shop.scraceway.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    grass%20is%20greener

But just because the grass is greener doesn't mean it is worth it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cow-3..jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	9359  

Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Frank Sarkela
    Slot Car Raceway & Hobbies
    305 Southwest Blvd
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    707-795-4156
    Visit our Raceway Website: http://www.scrhobby.com
    Visit our Online Store: http://shop.scraceway.com

Quote Originally Posted by chlpper85 View Post
    But just because the grass is greener doesn't mean it is worth it...
    Chipper you been hanging with Geibel to much
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post

Yep, Right up until the time you have to mow it!
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    Chipper you been hanging with Geibel to much
    That pretty much explains everything

2 weeks till bash at the beach at the Race Place on the red lighting .Haven't done a whole lot since the Philly race. time to get started. going to build 4 all Cahoza motors going to use the angle tip Cahoza mags. popular school of thought on them is they are t-5's that where ground down do to chips .Have heard good things about them. these motors are for Jerzy Jayro. Also going to build another .555 Jrl motor in a ul chaoza prodution can . can't beat the price on this setup . A well know cali racer liked the first 1 enough to run it in 2 races at Philly Jrl and B-pro. New HNR JRL chassis to build to replace the 1 that broke in the Philly race.Got some new bearing placement tools from proformance racing for the best bearing alignment as possible. I should be more like Slotcarracer and wouldn't have to work as hard for the next 2 weeks but been busy at work so I can't bitch. off to get started .Good racing everyone.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    2 weeks till bash at the beach at the Race Place on the red lighting .Haven't done a whole lot since the Philly race. time to get started. going to build 4 all Cahoza motors going to use the angle tip Cahoza mags. popular school of thought on them is they are t-5's that where ground down do to chips .Have heard good things about them. these motors are for Jerzy Jayro. Also going to build another .555 Jrl motor in a ul chaoza prodution can . can't beat the price on this setup . A well know cali racer liked the first 1 enough to run it in 2 races at Philly Jrl and B-pro. New HNR JRL chassis to build to replace the 1 that broke in the Philly race.Got some new bearing placement tools from proformance racing for the best bearing alignment as possible. I should be more like Slotcarracer and wouldn't have to work as hard for the next 2 weeks but been busy at work so I can't bitch. off to get started .Good racing everyone.
    Mic, the Red Lightning looks fun. The photo wasn't great, but it isn't a super technical track like the Super 8, right? It looks flat for sure, but with pretty simple looking sweepers, looks really fast! I think you're smart to have taken a break since Phillie, and two weeks is tons of time to get ready.

On those angle tips, I saw some at my local raceway and they sure look like the magnets we used to use in strap cans for C1 racing. The RJR Single Tall Sassy magnets were the deal back then, they looked really similar. Putting them in a C Can sounds strange, but actually that is pretty much what they use in Europe and the UK in Open 12 racing. I believe in UK they run arm diameter down to .500". That's what we ran in C1s, even as small as .480"....much different theory than the current trend towards larger diameter arms.

We're not messing around with those out here because of the NORCAL series not running them, plus we have the USRA Scale Nats next April and the angle tips are specifically not allowed. I sure would like to build one and listen to how it sounds....I bet it sounds very different.

Mic, on those production set ups you are referring to, how is the magnet epoxy on those? The angle tip set up I looked at seemed to be made really nicely with a little bit of a grey adhesive showing....looks kind of like JB Weld which is not really a horrible choice, but not as good as Skinners Contact Glue on Steroids. Are you going to heat em up, knock out the magnets, then reglue with Skinner, or just leave em alone? Everything that Cahoza does has been PERFECT in the past....the cans are straight, the endbell hardware is aligned...doesn't leave much for us motor builders to do except yank a different hone through it and putting in a bearing in the can!!!

OK Mic, get to work now. Slotcar Racer is working this morning....wait a minute, I'm pounding on this stupid keyboard....OK, now to WORK..

Slotcar Racer
    The red lighting is a fun pretty fast track nothing tricky about it 1 turn is banked . Jerry SR has put a lot of hard work into it and it shows a lot smoother then it was and cleaned up and painted, tiled the loft that it's in so an all around good time racing on it. the angle tip mags haven't seen them yet they should be in my mail today my take on them is they are like the g-2's t-2's with out the tip. the price is only $16.00 a pair.
    The production set ups are some kind of gray epoxy they don't come out easily . I use skinners on my euro motors and koford black on my c and d can motors.Your right about the set ups being very well made an average guy can build a very good motor with out us blue printers .That's the reason I use cahoza its all so well built don't mind paying a little extra.back to work finishing the .555 and a new hawk 6 motor with american proslot arm the koford replacement arm is going out before I try it. We are running the hawk in our 1/32 production class everyone is real happy with the change from the falcon 7 but you can still run the falcon but way.There not a whole lot faster but way more drivable
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

SR,

The picture of the Red Lightening is pretty crappy! Your assessment it right one the money though. At 136' running at 13.8V the track is fast and a lot of fun to drive. It does help to have a little time on the track because the track does have a couple of corky spots but once you know where they are the track is a blast and has produced some of the best races we've seen locally. We'll be testing 1/32 production and Group 10 cars in a warm up race this Wednesday night at the Race Place. Just as an example we'll be looking for our Group 10 cars to hot lap in the middle of the track from 4.3 to 4.4. Chip holds the track record for the class at 4.281. Ask him about that motor one of these days...

Hope to finish up 2 new Cahoza setups this weekend. One T5 magnets and the other with the angled tipped T2's. Built one with the angled tips already and they tested really well on the Red Lighting with a ProSlot .544 Super Wasp arm in a .560 hole. So I decided to drop in another set and see how they work with a smaller air gap and a BOW .540 contender. Both new motors will have the newer Cahoza gold plated hardware with the new heat sink ears. I'm hot sure if they will have any effect on performance but they look very cool!

Well it's time to take the kids to water park to wear them out a bit. If I'm successful I'll should be baking magnets in a few hours...
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

SR
    I was very impressed with how easy it was to get bearings set perfectly in can and end bell using Proformance Racing bearing set tools they do both 2x6 and 2x5 oil lite's and bearings big time saver.They get the bearings so straight the only thing you feel is the mags pulling on the arm very impressed.this is how I get all my bearings set up but never this fast always some adjustments to make but with these collars 1 time done. Got 2 motors done and they both sound awesome on supply will start a open 12 with t-5's and cahoza ul can and end bell today and the jrl. chassis parts still floating around in mail system for rest of motors I am doing.
    Last edited by Mic Byrd; 08-14-2011 at 06:41 AM.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com