Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Here's the other front weight. You're probably wondering what that tiny "D" shaped piece is....I know CRASH CODGER was scratching his curly mane wondering what it is....that is the holder for the front cross wire for the Dog 3, one of the coolest new features of this chassis. There's a .019" cross wire that attaches to the front wheel struts and passes through the hole in this tiny piece....this is what centers the pans in their front to rear movement, more on that another day. Also, on this piece you have the outer pan stops for the crossbar

DSCN4323

Here they are broken out

DSCN4326

Once you get your Bulldog 3 on the track and want maximum front weight, you could just tape or solder in the inserts....here they are with total weight

DSCN4328
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Last little bit, the guide tongue alignment piece all by its lonesome on a steel scrap

DSCN4325

Hey! We have all the parts broken off now!

DSCN4329

I recommend putting the small bits in a box

DSCN4330

And, as I suggested earlier, if you need to stop, or if building multiple chassis like I am, you'll want to put the whole thing back in the big bag and set it aside. Probably a good time to grab a Bellhaven ale

DSCN4331

SR
    Thanks for the info on the bulldog 3 kit big time saver over cutting all the pieces out. Finally finished new HNR JRL chassis came out real nice don't have my camera or I would post a pic son borrowed it and has yet to return it ( Dam Kids LOL) Waiting on bulldog 3 kit as we speak a picture of the finished chassis would also be a big help.
    Motors By Mic B
    Balance By PoppaPower
    A Clean Slot Car is a Happy Slot Car
    Garden State ISRA Club Home of the Anaconda
    Tires by the Hermanator
    www.TheISrausa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Byrd View Post
    SR
    Thanks for the info on the bulldog 3 kit big time saver over cutting all the pieces out. Finally finished new HNR JRL chassis came out real nice don't have my camera or I would post a pic son borrowed it and has yet to return it ( Dam Kids LOL) Waiting on bulldog 3 kit as we speak a picture of the finished chassis would also be a big help.
    There is a partial pic in post #1021
    Alan Ingram

Mic, I should have a finished sample maybe as early as this evening. I'm making a list of things to make the build easier. Last night got about halfway through the build. One thing to do is open up the hole in the rear leadwire holder for the .039" spine....I just used my small diameter diamond tool and opened it up a little until the piano wire fit through....after that, solder the holder to the center section. Also, I'm finding that even though this new kit is EDM and much easier to just break off the pieces, you still need to clean them up to get them to fit well.....i.e., knock off a lot of sharp edges. I use a white polishing wheel (fairly aggressive grit) and the small diameter Harbor Freight diamond bit to clean up the slots....then the parts can get an easy press fit, then solder. I'll try to get more build photos the next few days.

Life is good, and it doesn't get much better than a cold Belhaven in a Smokey Pig glass while building a Mack Bulldog 3

DSCN4332

I have to correct an error I made regarding the Bulldog 3 kit, it is not EDM cut as I stated, rather it is lazer cut. I regret this error.

Not much time to peck away at the keyboard this weekend...when the sun shines, time to make hay as they say...not wasting time with "work" so I had time to get some real work done, finished up the three Bulldog 3s. It was good to get the rhythm of building this one, a nice lazer cut sheet of parts. I abstained from going to SCR for any testing, spent the whole weekend building.

Also a copy of the Czech Pro 2 controller arrived in the mail on Saturday. A British chap named Bob Budge in the UK built it and I had seen it mentioned in the UK slot magazine. The build quality is really good, certainly much better than I've seen on other Pro 2 copies. I'm not sure how I was able to inhibit driving up to the track to test it, but I stayed on task....this Saturday will be a big test day.

I finished out the day cleaning hubs from the Phillie race, time to glue up donuts again.

SR,

I can't tell from the picture, did Richard strengthen the front upstop on this version?

What does the controller look like?
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

If I recall the big difference between the Pro2 and the Pro3 was that the Pro2 was a NPN transistor and the Pro3 was a PNP transistor is that correct.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by KVAN View Post
    SR,

I can't tell from the picture, did Richard strengthen the front upstop on this version?
    Kevin, can't you see the detail in my out-of-focus photo? That's the way I see after my first Belhaven....

Try this photo...

DSCN4329

And then here is Grandson on his shopping trip....

297060_10100624508382003_1210200_60301870_8295642_  n

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    If I recall the big difference between the Pro2 and the Pro3 was that the Pro2 was a NPN transistor and the Pro3 was a PNP transistor is that correct.
    NPN.....PNP...PPN....NNP....PNN.....it's all the same electronic gibberish to me.....glad you know the difference Mike, I just try to pull the trigger in the right places...I'll post some photos of the troller tomorrow, hopefully you can make out the NPP PPN or whatever it is...

Sr,

Your grandson is shopping for sun glass in a retail store. I would have thought by now he'd have a pair or two from Grand Dad... He has good taste though as you know I'm a Ray Ban fan!!!
    The Race Place raceplaceinfo.com
    Bowskateer founding member #3
    Get a 3rd EYE Fetroller 2.1
    Balanced by Bill

Looking at the upstops, it looks like the outer edge can now be soldered. That should strengthen that piece significantly!
    Gary Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by GearBear View Post
    Looking at the upstops, it looks like the outer edge can now be soldered. That should strengthen that piece significantly!
    You're exactly right Weedhopper, it makes a huge difference. Also notice the hinge hole is wide so the pin that goes in it slides back and forth about .032"....this is for when you tie the front end together with a .019" wire, makes it so at the front the two sides move back and forth in unison. The .019" wire has holes for fitting.....go back to earlier photos of the parts sheets and you'll find the front wheel struts and see the tiny holes.