Thread: Slot Car Racer Today

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Pat Skene, publisher of the unsurpassed slot mag the BSCRA Journal forwarded original photos of the new Mack F1

IMG_0239 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

IMG_0230 by svtgeorge, on Flickr

IMG_0237 by svtgeorge, on Flickr
    Just happened to spot this. Is this style of endbell very common?
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Alan you should be allowed to run with the Expert/Pro racers in whatever class you run in. It provides you with a world of racing experience and actually forces you to become better. I first started playing with slotcars in the 60's and after a 22 year career in the Navy began again in the late 80's. Have been into slotcars ever since. I have always enjoyed racing against the Pros and learned alot from them. While I support the split class racing it is mainly because some Expert/Pro racers use to enter the lower classes to beat up on less experenced racers. However, I also support allowing Amateur racers the choice to enter the Pro race of any split class. In this years Nats the AM12 race winner had 539 laps while in the PRO12 race winner had 548. Not much of a difference when you consider the AM's were about .1 slower per lap then the Pro's. An Amateur may never win the Pro race but the experience will make them winners in the end. If you want to improve your driving skills ,other than hours and hours of practice, there is no better way. The better racers will look out for you and those who think there better racers will just fall by the wayside. Enjoy your racing it's ment to be fun and never sell yourself short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
    Gary and SR I agree !

As one of the slower racers it is just as frustrating trying to learn your own rhythm while trying not to take out the faster cars. I had a very fast car for Nascar (thanks to Dub Motors) but my driving skills are still a work in progress. Lost a lot of laps by either trying to let faster cars go by or getting caught up in trying to push myself to keep up.

I didn't get to run LMP but watching amateurs drive the Testarossa 1 ft at a time, stopping in all the wrong spots and generally running 2 seconds slower was frustrating to watch.

Splitting the rounds into Pro-Expert and Adv-Amateur would be better for everyone without adding too much time to the day.

Next month (3 weeks) is Rocklin. Nascar / Nastruck on the Purple Angel and LMP / GT12 on the MTT.

Hey, maybe a road trip to the Wade 500 next month would help !
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

"Is this style of endbell very common? " No it's one of Richards experiments, not sure if he intends to market them.

Mike:
    The endbell isn't too common but is cool. Ive forgotten where others or it's avialible but ABslotsport, Won-o-Won (Dave Harvy), or Mack have or make variants. That particular one looks custom.
    Raymond

Hey Freddie, this discussion has moved...http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...987#post276987
    Alan Ingram

So SR,
    Which Bulldog did you end up running Sat?
    Now that you have a couple races with the x25-c11-025 for LMP what are your thoughts on that combo ?
    What are your thoughts about GTP at the Nats ? Will this combo work well with the high downforce bodies ?
    BTW was there a Eurosport race yesterday ?
    Hi Alan, I ran a 2009 Bulldog. Came close to running my new Bulldog 3, but it didn't quite make the cut. The 2009 ran a 3.57 on yellow before the race, so it got the call. The Dog 3 only ran high 3.6s, I need to work on it a bit more. What a drag that car threw a lamination. Before that, Jason, Chris and I all had about the same lap average....all told, not bad that I was only 14 laps down after three heats of incredibly unbalanced armature running. I'm be replacing both the can bearing and the endbell bushing on that set up, they probably got wrecked with the vibrations.

I cannot tell much difference between the stock two piece X25 and the three piece variants. Before the race my LMP ran a 3.91 and that is the two piece stock unit. I ran the two piece because not only was it fast AND driveable, but I figured more durable. All it takes is to look at the .025" C11 pans for them to bend. Things bend in those races. I did run a .540" Pro Slot Super Wasp in a Cahoza UL can with T5 magnets. I believe putting a Starfarter on this car will make it a good Nats contender...but of course I'll have to try a .540" Super 16C arm too. More on the eurosport racing later!
    Journeyman Industrial Slotcar Worker, Teamsters Local 3299 AFL-CIO
    Now with "Improved Karma"

Hey Freddie, this discussion has moved...http://www.slotcartalk.com/slotcarta...987#post276987
    Thanks for that Alan. Yes, please note that FX has taken over this discussion in a new thread. Man did he chew me out for starting a non-slotcar building topic on this thread. My apologies for the inconvenience. And for those who think I am talking to myself, watch this.....

http://media.photobucket.com/video/g...-Sings.mp4?o=6

What body's did you run on the Bulldog and the X25 for this test.

Mike
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by swiss View Post
    Just happened to spot this. Is this style of endbell very common?
    Mike, that's a Camen set up with Richard Mack's "lay down" endbell hardware. I'm not sure where he stands with that hardware in terms of production, but it is one of the most innovative things I have ever seen!!

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    What body's did you run on the Bulldog and the X25 for this test.

Mike
    Mike, the Bulldog had a Starfarter (long version) and the X25 ran a Red Fox Audi R10 (long, of course). Both cars basically the same motor set up, same .560" airgap, Pro Slot .540" arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotcar Racer View Post
    Mike, the Bulldog had a Starfarter (long version) and the X25 ran a Red Fox Audi R10 (long, of course). Both cars basically the same motor set up, same .560" airgap, Pro Slot .540" arms.
    So what are your thoughts about the lighter pan for GTP ? I tried that it at The Flats but wasn't able to do enough testing or tuning to see if it was an advantage.
    Alan Ingram

So what are your thoughts about the lighter pan for GTP ? I tried that it at The Flats but wasn't able to do enough testing or tuning to see if it was an advantage.
    This is refreshing being back to talking about Precious, I mean slotcars. I think the lighter pans may be a little faster than a bone stock X25 two piece chassis.....maybe, but I am not convinced of that. However, the .025" pans are so delicate I would not want to run them in a race where wrecks are a good possibility. That's why I chose to go with the stock two piece unit. I think it works just as well, I honestly cannot tell much difference. I had three cars doing 3.9s in practice including a Cheetah 11 with all .030" pans and a motor with very little brakes (I do not like that)....it was a Pro Slot can (not the VIP one, the other one) with Koford mags and a .540" BOW arm. That motor "floated" the car around the track running 4.0s and dipping into 3.9s. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the times. Then the X25 center with .025" pans did the same thing with a Cahoza UL with T5 mags and Pro Slot Contender, but had brakes. The Super Wasp in the two piece chassis got the job, then got a piece of crud on the comm and stopped dead!

Quote Originally Posted by slotcar racer View Post
    this is refreshing being back to talking about precious, i mean slotcars.
    lmao!!!!!!

Have you tried the .030 three piece setup on a x25 a little more movement and more durable.
    Michael Mazur
    Ruzam Racing
    Team ProSlot

Quote Originally Posted by mazur50 View Post
    Have you tried the .030 three piece setup on a x25 a little more movement and more durable.
    It is not the conventional set up, but I actually really like the 21 with .030 in a three piece set up. Very durable and handles very well.
    Alan Ingram