Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is the list of all the past champions.

I'd say a good start would be to find a copy of SARN or SCB with the '96 Scale Nats report. It should hopefully mention which class was on what track, etc.

I'm definitely going to get started on the revised form - I had already planned on how to do it ages ago... just never got around to it yet.

I probably won't get to it tonight... it's almost 2 AM and going to Davao in the AM, so maybe tomorrow night.

Yeah... I don't think we'll be uncovering much for the list about the illustrious Prof Fate... not unless I add a category for people claiming to beat PA Watson in a Gp 7 race with a Womp or whatever it was...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In 96, I don't remember any other tracks in Hanover Park other than the MTT and the King.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

I think I race directed that event LOL. I know I did the Wing Nats at Jerry's that year. Was it really almost 15 years ago?
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but anything you catch comes home with you!

Quote Originally Posted by oldweirdherald View Post
    I'd say a good start would be to find a copy of SARN or SCB with the '96 Scale Nats report. It should hopefully mention which class was on what track, etc.
    No time to scan, but straight out of the SCB magazine................

Junior Gr 10 King track 1, 2, 3

Don Stewart, Michael Kelly, Rick Knox

Am Group 10 King track 1, 2, 3

Dave Simerka, Joddy Greene, Wayne DeHate

Pro Gr 10 King Track 1, 2, 3

Jason DeHate, Bob Flotka, Paul Ciccarello

4.5" Stock Car King track 1, 2, 3

Ken Pepe, Ron Arnold, Tom Ziemba

GT-12 MTT track 1, 2, 3

Paul Gawronski, Tom Ziemba, Bob mack

Euro 24 MTT track 1, 2, 3

Tracy Chin, Lee Gilbert, Chuck Gambo

Euro 32 LTD track 1, 2, 3

Jason DeHate, Tracy Chin, Ernie Mossetti

Yes the 1/32 race was held on the LTD track for this race ( Mike, I think Jerry removed it for the wing car nats ) this was the last year the "Limo" 32 chassis were allowed to race. Jason DeHate won with a "Limo" chassis that Chris Barnes built.

Limo 32 chassis won in Atlanta in 1994 with Paul Gawronski winning with the first ever built "limo" that I built. The following year 1995 at Lugnut the "limo's" went one two three ( all built by me using the JK kit)....Tracy Chin, Ron Hershman and Paul Gawronski and in 1996 the "limo's" went one two.
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

Jerry did remove the LTD for the Wing cars.

Sadly it's all coming back including not being able to run my Scorpion 1 in AM GR 10 because it was different than what was submitted. I had to build a new car that didn't work as well. Yet someone else was able to run the same chassis. Boy do I love the USRA.

If I remeber correctly Jerry had also just come out with the aluminum pan for his Cheetah 1 chassis, and all the Parma guys were in an uproar?
    NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Scale Series View Post

If I remeber correctly Jerry had also just come out with the aluminum pan for his Cheetah 1 chassis, and all the Parma guys were in an uproar?
    Yep that's right. Parma asked to have there "Ultimate" Intrepid made legal for the race 50 or so days prior to the race to combat Jk's Ultimate Peugeot Open Cockpit body. Then later that day JK asked about making a aluminum pan for the Cheeta chassis...... both were given the same deadline for products to be available. There was no cut-off dates at the time, just readily available and both were in plenty of time for the race.

And we all know the rest of that story......LOL
    "When you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow"

We were smart enough to extend the rules and figured out how to design the limo's to improve handling. That was the best race of my life and probably one of the best moments of my life when I whipped Tracy and Ron on their home style track. I put that 30/27 in my car and flew by everybody. Ron is one of the smartest people I know and we dominated a lot of racers in our prime.

Ron:

Do you still have the book I compiled for the USRA foer past moveups from the nats. That should have all the information you are looking for up till 2007.

I am in the process of digitizing all past editions of SARN. I should be finished before the end of the world in December 2012 :&).
    If anyone has specific questions, email me and I'll try and look it up but not in the next 5 days. I am working on #247.... jf
    RACE DIRECTORS... Want Free Subscription certificates to SARN to use as race prizes or door prizes? They are FREE for the asking. Email me at: johnford@slotmail.org and let me know how many you need for each event. S.A.R.N. Scale Auto Racing News...Serving slot racers since 1979.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12