Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HO Cars and Track Most Like 1/24 Scale Commercial Racing

Ole Slippey,

Mike Block sent you some good very information. I have been on many Brystal/Buck tracks, one TKO track, many Brad tracks and several MAX tracks. They are all a little different and thier cost vary.

If your a 1/24 scale guy and like H O tracks to resemble 1/24 scale tracks with big banks, Brad Bowman is the guy. Usually tracks over 10 degrees in banking require the bank to be hand routed. I have a 30 degree bank track and a 37 degree bank track they are Engleman designs. Both were done by Bowman. Bowman offers two choices of down force, low and high. I like his low downforce but that's a personal choice. His high is equal to Tomy rail. The MAXX tracks are individual pieces of track. They are of very high quality. The only thing I do not like about them is the exceptional down force. When you use magnets cars, I find that I need to go to tires that are a lot taller otherwise I'm burning up stock motors from heat fatigue. TKO offers a nice track at lower costs.

Quote Originally Posted by FSMRA View Post
    TKO Raceway BLue King HO - I think 18' maybe 20' not sure
    Mike, the front is 24ft long, enjoy.

Slide Guides!

The best option for recreating the 1/24 scale experience in HO is probably to run a Slide Guide equipped car on a copper taped or braided wood track. No magnetic downforce at all!

I have used the slide guide on Gerry Cullans oval track in Southbridge, MA. He uses non magnetic braid instead of rail. The slide guides seem to work very well on the oval.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12