Thread: Waa

Waa

Man... I go away for a weekend and look what happened to the Waa thread !!!

Anyway, check out his latest on Flea bay and then click his feedback and read through a few of the latest ones.

" A little less whining and a little more driving should cure the problem "
    Ronald R. Van Wagnen

You guys must see by now that he is only posting that crap to gain attention here.

It is actually quite sad.

You are only handing him exactly what he seeks.

You may as well go out and find the nearest homeless alcoholic and hand them another bottle.

So, here we go one more time..................Please do not feed the Waa Waa.
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

C'mon now gang...

I deleted several posts and then locked the previous thread, because it just went too far...

Now you're starting down the same path again in this thread... and I had to delete some once again.

Here's where I draw the line:

- pointing out silly, amusing, or purely ludicrous auctions is generally ok
    - alerting other racers to potentially fraudulent or overstated auctions is generally ok
    - commenting about general silliness or humor or irony in above items is generally ok
    - making personal attacks against a PERSON, no matter who they are or what they do, is NOT ok.
    - derogatory remarks or judgments about a person's mental or physical capacity, including remarks based on race, religion, political affiliation, nationality, sexual preference, age, appearance, grooming or personal hygene, etc... is also NOT ok.

(unless, of course, the dirty deranged old fart is totally out of his gourd and deserves it... JUST KIDDING)

Let's play nice in the sandbox kids, ok???

There is a difference between sharing information, just having fun, and being rude or hurtful.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Cool OK PK... I will lighten up on Waa.

Who will be the next poster child for slot car stupidity then ?
    Ronald R. Van Wagnen

"- derogatory remarks or judgments about a person's mental or physical capacity, including remarks based on race, religion, political affiliation, nationality, sexual preference, age, appearance, grooming or personal hygene, etc... is also NOT ok.

Mom, you just put that in there to protect yourself........ LOL
    Why do I do this to myself?

Ron,

I wasn't picking on you - notice that I left your post, and the thread... but partly so others could get my message.

While I am beginning to agree more and more with Big John (backintheslot) about not "feeding the Waa" - as it seems to provide even more inspiration for his sales text... I still find the occasional links & posts about odd or amusing auctions to be entertaining at times.

Poking fun at an amusingly worded sales pitch is one thing...

The posts I deleted started down a path that went over the line. At nearly every raceway there are many different types of characters from all sorts of walks of life. Face it gang - we're all just a bit weird... or at least oblivious to staying with current trends, or we would have moved on to other pastimes long ago. But that is also one of the aspects of this hobby that is so great. In so many other sports or hobbies, you often get a group of enthusiasts who are all "cut from the same cloth" and have a lot in common. Yet for some reason - this hobby of racing toy cars attracts people who are often as different as night and day. Diversity can be a good thing, and is something I especially enjoy at my local raceways, at club races, and when I travel.

So... regardless what type of weird shenanigans go on in this hobby - we are all a bit of outcasts already... yet we share a love for this weird hobby.

Whether you love them hate them, or just plain disagree with their antics... guys like "Team Waa" and other characters who have entertained us here on OWH & other forums (as well as on eBay), also share a love for this hobby. Unless Ken O has discovered something about this hobby nobody else has... even he could be doing his eBay thing with an unlimited choice of other stuff to sell online.

I'm not saying I approve of anyone doing anything that could potentially harm the raceways, manufacturers, racers, or the hobby - as I certainly do not. But I do draw the line between "poking fun" or even voicing disapproval... versus derogatory remarks, liable, or slander against a person's character or their personal or physical traits.

As far as the next poster child for slot car stupidity... unfortunately, we will probably never run out of worthy candidates!

I think every day, either at the races or here online, brings a fresh crop of potential nominees!
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 02-22-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbasher View Post
    "- derogatory remarks or judgments about a person's mental or physical capacity, including remarks based on race, religion, political affiliation, nationality, sexual preference, age, appearance, grooming or personal hygene, etc... is also NOT ok.

Mom, you just put that in there to protect yourself........ LOL
    Yeah... maybe...

But let me give you this example.... Let's say I was going to travel to a race, and I was going to meet a racer there for the first time. I email him to just look for me - describing myself as that "old, bald, fat, & ugly dude".

I would not be the least surprised, if upon entering the raceway, that the racer looking for me might be left standing - surveying the crowd in attendance... and might need another clue... or two... or three... in order to narrow it down a bit.

Get my drift??? LOL

Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald

Quote Originally Posted by oldweirdherald View Post
    Yeah... maybe...

But let me give you this example.... Let's say I was going to travel to a race, and I was going to meet a racer there for the first time. I email him to just look for me - describing myself as that "old, bald, fat, & ugly dude".

Or in my case that " tall, strapping, overly handsome lad!"...............

Paul, Has the Waa had his posting privileges removed as the original poll suggested?

If so, That would be all the more reason to just let it rest at least until the next candidate for the wrath of the rabid slot car racer arrives on the scene.
    Last edited by backintheslot; 02-22-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Re phrasal...............
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

And the hits just keep coming.

The verbage is outstanding, the price is very conservative, he could sell a million of these....... heck maybe Ken-Oh should get a couple and double his money !

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLOT-CAR-VINTAGE...item19c4f289e9

Ronald R. Van Wagnen

Though I Don,t Post Often This Thread Got My Attention,At Our Local Track We Have One Of Those Racers That Can Get On Your Nerves Every Nite Of Racing If You Let Him,I Re-peat If You Let Him.I Have Learnd To Almost Block Him Out Because If I Did Not I Would No Longer Be Racing There.I Have Helped Him In The Past, Built Cars For Him,Painted Bodys Only To Have The Cars Taken Apart,Set Up Totally Wrong,And The Body Repainted On The Outside,And He Does Not Understand Why He Finishes Last,But This Racer Also Spends More Money At The Raceway Than Any Other.It's Not Easy To Block People Out,But My Wife Taught Me Well.I Go To Places Where Theres Someone I Just Can't Stand And Its Like There Not Even There.Gheeeeeee I Wonder If Anyone Looks At Me Like That? Oh Ya Thats Right My Ex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gman54

WAA no longer has a raceway to spend his time or ( well he didnt spend any money ) at. Kinda sucks lots of good people raced at the raceway. I thought it was great to get back on the track with a few of the guys I raced wing cars with when I was just a young boy. I guess once slot cars is in your blood it seems to always be in your blood..

Gman I feel ya man. I'm one that can't stand to see people struggle and will always give help. Some like it and soon are running with the best of them and some just dont want to hear it. It's funny because it looked so simple when they 1st came into the shop LOL.

Slot cars is a tough business you can't dabble in it. Your either all in or your not going to be successful
    Gilbert, AZ
    Falcon Wing/G12/Flexi/Nascar/Drag Race

Congratulations to anybody who can make money in these tough economic times.

Shame on you multiracer, for resurrecting all this crap again. Just because it is Easter is not an acceptable excuse

He often can't see the forest for the trees and needs to have the most relevant points explained to him.....it was all those fumes from all the soldering.....

Just let it go and hopefully he will move on

Feedback is a slippin down that slippery slope again.

Down to 95%, time for him to change names again for the third time.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...k&myworld=true

Ronald R. Van Wagnen

Good old Ronald R. Van Wagnen.

Why pay for advertising when this man will do it for you for free