Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A sad day in Edgewood WA.

A sad day in Edgewood WA.

A sad day in Edgewood WA. today as we lost a fellow slot racer, track owner, husband, father & most important a great friend Rob McCuiston. He died last night while on his way to meet his best friend at the track. We had a lot of snow here yesterday which always turns things sour here as far as road conditions go. I write this with a tear in my eye, he will be missed. Rest in peace Rob, we all love you.

He will definately be missed by his family and the slot car world. His pressence will always be felt and missed at PSCR. My heart goes out to Fester. It is hard to lose a great friend who you can share everything with as well as a love of a hobby.
    Bob Litteer
    Last edited by blitteer; 02-24-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bob Litteer
    USRA #579
    Smile, it makes people wonder

Im very sorry. Rest in Peace Rob
    "Dub" Wade
    Nampa, ID
    208-392-0639
    dustynwade@ymail.com
    Dub Motors, Dub Rides, Dub Winged bodies, PMP Chassis, Paint by Odie, Bone Bodies.
    Of course Balance by Beuf
    3rd Eye Controllers

OMG, I am in shock! Thanks for letting us know, Bob. I feel fortunate to have spent some time with Rob at the Flat Track Worlds last year, he was a real quality individual...top shelf. It was good to meet his wife and daughter there too. It must be devastating, my heart goes out to the family. Terrible news, just terrible.

George

What George said....... I had a blast at the flats meeting and talking with Rob and his family..... was looking forward to seeing him again for the Slug Fest and the Flats again this summer..... He will be missed by many, many friends that race slot cars as well as his family...... REST IN PEACE Rob.....
    Jim Dalton
    Bone Bodies

ISCC
    Dub Motors
    PMP Chassis
    3rd Eye controllers
    jd102454@yahoo.com

I am at a complete loss for words. Sometimes life comes at us hard...............Godspeed Rob.
    Support Your Local Raceway
    AKA "Big John"
    Bring us around

My Feelings go out with a heavy heart..........Speed on............My condolences to his Wife and family
    Resident Curmudgeon
    "Manta" Ray Price

My condolence go out to his family! My Family will miss him very much!

Scotty and Diane and our 5 kids!

This is horrible news. It was such a joy watching things come together as Rob built the group that built and ultimately became PSCR. He was obviously a well-liked and respected man - the growth of PSCR is testament to that. I will pray for his family and friends.

Jim

OMG, I'm totally in shock! Rest in peace Rob! You will truly be missed by many!
    Gary Johnson

What a terrible tragedy.

Rob and I were as tight as ticks in the mid to late 80's during his Team Koford days.
    We just reconnected about 1 1/2 ago when he decided to open a raceway.

Jim W said it all in the above post about the ultra-great job he did with PSCR.
    I'm honored to have been his friend.
    He will be sorely missed.
    "Get Yourself Retrofied"
    Chicagoland Raceway
    17B West Ogden Ave.
    Westmont,Il. 60559
    Phone-708-203-8003
    mikeswiss86@hotmail.com

Check out Chicagoland Raceway on facebook.

Holy crap! I can't believe it. I'm stunned. My heart weeps.
    Guy Middleton
    Everything I was taught in Engineering school I had already learned from slot cars....

The Seattle area had a great group of wing car racers in the 80's and Rob was one of my favorites!
    Things like this make you understand how mortal we all are! Rob also contacted me at the same time
    as he contacted Mike Swiss........I don't remember why, but it was great talking to him! RIP.

In the shadow of Pacific Raceway, Auburn, WA USA

God Speed Rob

Rob was the best of the best. I enjoyed his stories about the good old days of slot car racing during the short time I was privileged to know him. He will be missed...

Jim and I want to thank all the people from the slot car community for the calls and all the people who have stopped by the track to share our pain. Adults and kids alike have been coming into say how sad they are to loose such a great guy. This is an extended family who happens to play with toy cars and Rob truly loved it. He was my big brother even if I was older then him. I will miss him every day!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast