Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A sad day in Edgewood WA.

Lets show some support!

If your on the bubble! or dont even race wing cars ? TODAY would be a good day to visit PACIFIC RACEWAY ... Just as a show of support ..I.m gonna head on down w/some wing things I got ? gonna get my *** kicked ... BUT I DONT CARE ! I just want to spend time with my speed crazed moron brothers . in this time of turbulence !!! soo lets keep the man hugs to a minimum & "kevin " NO REACH AROUNDS ...... hope to see a lot of familiar faces today ...Craig P. rieland (aka fly racing lmtd.)

Way to go Craig, I rolled a bushing to stuff on my 16/24 arm. I ground the shaft to 1.5 for a 6t.pin. for a mickey mouse uero car, several months ago. Now its the only arm, 459, ihave to use in my 1988 open wing so am bushing it back to 2m.m shaft. yes it will be good enough, "Do this in memory of Rob"

This is the time and address for Rob's service. I am sorry it took a couple of days to get this out, but we had to wait until Monday to get a location confirmed. We will add more details as they become available. Don't hesitate to E-mail too call me for any other information you may need.
    Saturday, March 5th
    11:00am
    19800 108th Avenue Southeast
    Kent, WA 98031

Dan Parris
    dannyland1@msn.com
    206-914-5461

Well it was a sad time, but a very special service for Rob. With all the police officers in attendance, and their special way of saying goodbye to one of their own. I have seen these services on tv. for police officers and the military, but to be there in person, it makes you proud to be a part of it all, but ohh, so sad. Many good speeches about Rob ,but Dan's ,( uncle fester) was right on, and he did a good job of keeping his emotions in check, thanks Dan. Yours trly., Leonard Strand - remembering when Rob and i went to the nats. in Chicago and L.A

Quote Originally Posted by 68rncro View Post
    Well it was a sad time, but a very special service for Rob. With all the police officers in attendance, and their special way of saying goodbye to one of their own. I have seen these services on tv. for police officers and the military, but to be there in person, it makes you proud to be a part of it all, but ohh, so sad. Many good speeches about Rob ,but Dan's ,( uncle fester) was right on, and he did a good job of keeping his emotions in check, thanks Dan. Yours trly., Leonard Strand - remembering when Rob and i went to the nats. in Chicago and L.A
    I dont think you could have said it any better Leonard. See you at the track.

KIROTV.com online story & KIRO TV video about the memorial service:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/27091754/detail.html

(view video on KIROTV.com page - unable to embed flash video)

KOMONEWS.com article:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/117471604.html?

KOMO News TV Video:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/1...html?tab=video

I am 8,000 miles away, and was unable to attend, but my thoughts have been about Rob, the memorial, and all my slot car friends all week.

I am at least comforted by the fact that Rob's family, coworkers, friends, and the public, are learning about Rob's passion and love for slot cars, and how he shared that passion with so many of us fellow slot car racers, and kids of all ages could experience the joy of this fun hobby in this "world" that Rob has created at PSCR.

Kevin described the raceway to the Kent Police chief as "Rob's Field of Dreams".

Rob built it so they would come... and come they did.

We are all on this earth for such a short time... I hope that all of us can strive to leave some sort of positive impact in this world as Rob has for us.

Paul K.
    Last edited by oldweirdherald; 03-06-2011 at 09:33 AM. Reason: added KOMO TV video
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We have said our goodbyes to Rob, but he will be with us everyday. I know we will all work to continue what he has started. Jim and I promise to do everything we can to make Pacific Slot Car Raceways the best place to meet new friends and spend time with old ones there is. We will continue to race, laugh and smile whenever we think of our friend Rob.

It's a year and a half later and I am absolutely crushed. I have been out of the slot loop for a while. Rob was one of the "Good Guys", actually he was the "Great Guy" I miss him and I haven't seen him in years...R.I.P. Bro

Howard Lloyd
    ...the likelihood of one individual being RIGHT increases in direct porportion to the intensity with
    which others are trying to prove
    him (or her) WRONG!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123