Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a place to race slot cars

Looking for a place to race slot cars

I'm new to this board and looking for a place to race slot cars ,I have a few 4" flexi's and some whomps. I live in Penna. Emmaus area.
    Anybody know of local tracks or club tracks in my area?

craig1c

we race out side of reading .....Sprints,midgets,dirtmods, Latemodels,and vintage mods ..like the ones they raced at reading fairground....heres our web... http://www.dirtslotcars.com/..you can check it out if ya like.

hi craig,like manny&dad said,we race many dirt style cars..we race wed.nights at my place in grill ,and the between wed nights in at southgate in reading,friday nights @S&J raceway in denver & sunday @ S&J raceway in denver....there are future plans for additional tracks to our racin' circuit......the ndirt slot cars site will help ..chuck

If you get a chance come on down and check us out. We race Saturday at 5pm and Sunday at 1pm.
    Thanks
    Donnie
    www.dthobbies.com

OWH Slot Car Raceway Directory

http://www.oldweirdherald.com/raceways/
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

Slot Car Racing is fun!

you have The Groove in Macungie, Stahls Hobby Haven Pennsburg, The Tracks in Lebanon,Fast Tracks & S&E Raceway's in Bechelsville, Race Place in Quakertown & Modellbahn Ott in Gilbertsville, they are the best a round , Stahls is the OLDEST Slot shop I think over 40plus years

If you are looking for a real good time I would have to say you should go to Fast Tracks & Hobbies in Bechtelsville!!!! It is only 5 mins from Grandview... Friday nites is Womp Mods and Reading Mods, then on Sunday mornings they race 1/24 Late Models and 1/24 Dirt Mods. I know that they would have the most in stock at all times then just about anyone else in our area!!!!!!!! (I live in Breinigsville) They also have a Drag Strip if your into going straight....
    Jon Madtes
    Penn/Jesery NASCAR Series
    Motors by Mic B
    TEAM BLACK TOWEL
    Fast Tracks Raceway
    USRA D-2 Supporter

There's a usac club in Reading.There name is SCORE(SCale Open-wheeled Racing Enthusiasts)..They run every other wed nights,starting at 7 and alternate tracks and cars..We run Midget,Sprintcar and Dirtchamp cars..The club's been together 30+ years and is self sufficient..

HELLER MOTORSPORTS RACE TEAM
    2X DIRT SERIES (HRW)CHAMP
    SCORE(USAC) triple crown winner

WOW,
    I didn't know there were so many tracks in this area!! Decisions decisions.
    Now I just have to pick a few raceways and give them a try.

Thank you for all of you replies

craig1c

Give ALL of them a try... then pick!

I added more of the raceways mentioned in posts above to the OWH Raceway Directory. If you type in your City or zip code and set it to 100 miles radius, you'll find a bunch.

NOTE: always call first before planning a trip to visit a raceway. While I do strive to keep the listings up to date, I depend on info from others to update my listings. Unfortunately, raceways do tend to open, move, change hours, and close... and rarely (if ever) update web sites or online listings - so it is always best to contact them before visiting.

You are very fortunate to have so many tracks in your area! Have fun!
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

speedjunkie

I don't have any cars that meet your rules. Looks like you have a real nice place to race and have fun.

Paul,
    Thank you for having a real nice forum for slot car racing!

craig1c

Trains & Lanes in Easton

Trains and Lanes has a 155' King, a 220' Altec (reverse Englemann, vintage from the 60's actually built by Stu Englemann hisself) and an medium sized oval, The tracks are a little rough, but manageable. As far as I know, they don't do much actual racing at the moment ,so getting track time just to play is never a problem. I'm pretty sure that they're open 7 days, too. Just off RT33 north of RT22. Exit Stockertown Rd, left off ramp, next two lefts, cross bridge, on your right.
    Improving performance one hazardous material at a time.

craig1c Got your P.M. and I will have your new sprint car tonight for you to race on the big oval , ED, from S&E is bringing the (CHICKEN-SHIMP) for snack after the races SEE you there at the GROOVE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast