Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Clarification on cahoza magnets

Mr. Swanson ............... what about Mazur50's idea of you running for office in the USRA this year and tackling all of your perceived problems with the rulebook? Curious for your thoughts ............... :-0
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

I second the nomination

I think Ken would be perfect! Really it's not a hard job and will not take up much of your time.
    World Famous Port Jefferson Raceway
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Looks we have a nomination and a second, all that's left now is to vote. Perhaps prior to that Ken could post some basic information about himself, you know, normal stuff like a short bio, interests, social security number, financial statemet, perhaps a credit card number or 2......
    There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

Then he would have to abstain from IRRA racing since the damning USRA would corrupt him like it has so many others. I also think he would make an excellant Tech Director.
    I've done so much with so little for so long it seems like I can do anything with nothing at all.

And Ken the PAY is highly sought after and the rewards give you that warm and fuzzy feeling. Although most members could give an aspirin ah headache. You're already prepared being the professional motor builder you are. lol

Tech Director??

Who would want to be one of those "Lackey Dogs" I am thinking Ken should go for the Big Chair.
    "Poo Bah" I am going to tell you, it is better then money, drugs, alcohol or woman!!!!! It better be, because you will not get any of those things anyway!!!!
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

Did you keep the Hat Bent

Gee guys,

Thanks so much for the votse of confidence.

I do realize that to some it may appear as though I am just a "USRA Basher" because I am very vocal regarding my feelings and opinions regarding their practices and policies. I do not voice my opinions for the purpose of badmouthing the orginization or it's officials, but rather to attempt to point out some of the deficiencies in the system so that they may be discussed and hopefully rectified. My purpose is to inspire not to incite.

I'm not sure that I would be a good candidate for any USRA Officer's position. Mainly because I totally disagree with the the USRA's "the more rules, the better' way of thinking. I much prefer a minimalist approach. (K.I.S.S.) In my version of the USRA all of the rules would be thrown out and we'd start with a clean slate. It would be very difficult to assemble a group of officers who would agree with that train of thought.

In general I believe that the USRA wields way too much power. It's decisions have far too much impact the entire industry. No racing orginization should be able to dictate retail price, distibutor discount, who to sell to, delivery time, etc. As has been provrn over time, power corrupts

If I have offended any of the current or past USRA Officials by expressing my opinions, I assure you that was not my intent. I do realize that it is a thankless position. I also realize it's next to impossible to change a system that has been in place for so long. I certainly don't claim to have all the answers. I'm just the "squeaky wheel" in the big machine.

Thanks
    Last edited by Ken Swanson; 03-24-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Ken Swanson

Team BOW
    JK Products
    Chicagoland Raceway
    Mid-America Raceway
    ISRA USA Great Lakes Region
    BOWskateer Founding member # 001
    R.I.P. Monty. Miss You My Friend

There you go it official, he's just given his version of the "I have a dream" speech!

Get out the vote!

Ken "Huge Arm" Swanson for Pooh Bah!

Wow Ken

You could have just said "No"!
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

"I much prefer a minilist approach" ............ did you mean "minimalist"? With 808 posts and 11 alone in this thread, That's a lot of wind Bro. There is an expression in my neck of the woods that seems to fit this situation very well .............. Alligator mouth ............. Hummingbird azz ............. ;-)
    Last edited by Tire Killer; 03-24-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

Home of the 2007 USRA Nats and a pretty fast King Track
    Man, I am so dissapointed, I was already working on a theme song for that administration.......

If I were king of the forrrrrrrrrest
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cowardly lion..jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	8368  

There are "Racers" and there are "Talkers".....which one are you?

USRA rules are easy to fix..... I propose that we delete pages 1 through 100 of the current and past rule book and re-insert brand new pages with brand new writing for pages 1 through 6 for racers and new pages 1 through 6 for membership laws and bylaws.

Pros: easier to read and understand as the currrent membership gets older (we are getting senile,some faster than others)
    Cons: none.....

Put it to vote Herman! Sounds good to me

See ya in Chicago
    Gary Johnson

Herman James

Sounds like Herman is putting his hat in the ring. Go for it !!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Bent rim; 03-24-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    631-696-7721
    bentrim@optonline.net
    www.portjeffraceway.com
    Former USRA Grand Puba

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast