Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 USRA Rule Book

2011 USRA Rule Book

The 2011 USRA Rule Book is "finally" up on the new website @ www.usraslots.com. It is also on the Port Jeff Raceway website. Soon a link will redirect you to the new website.

The errors/oversights already mentioned are being corrected and will be correct in the printed copies of the rulebook. If anyone finds any other errors, etc please PM me. I will be giving everything to the printer this week.

I have a attempted to clarify, condense, and simplify as much of the bylaws as I found necessary. There are a few more areas that need some work and I will continue to work on them as I have time. But it will not have an impact on racing for this year.

Thanks for your patience and support.
    Last edited by Milton Gamble; 03-20-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    Milton Gamble

The following are on the list of corrections:
    pg. 15 added 27 Lite to list of price restricted products
    pg. 47 added Max. Diameters to Arm Spec Table for Scale Arms
    pg. 48 2-n added can bearing allowed in D-Can
    pg. 54 B-3-d changed spoiler height to 1-1/2" for 4" Stock Car Body
    Back Inside Cover.....2010 National Champions - corrected Grp12 Am/Ex winners
    Front Inside Cover......GT12 Expert will be on the Flat Track instead of the king
    pg. 37 added GT-1 277 motor w/T-5 magnets (Flat Tipped)

If anyone has any more please send me a PM. I'll repost when everything is put in the PDF File on the website(s)

I got a very reasonable quote for the printed rule books today from a local printer and he can have them done in 3 days. I'm going to wait a couple on more days for "corrections/editing" before sending to the printer. If you have already joined or renewed your membership I can mail your rule book if you are not coming to the Scale NATS.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Milton Gamble; 03-25-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    Milton Gamble

How is a racer supposed to know what length the 27 lite chassis are supposed to be? I would suggest that following the name of the chassis in the approved parts list, you put the stock length that the chassis is supposed to be.

I will put out an addendum after the Scale Nats. I'm in the process of verifying the lengths as they were summitted and concurently having the jigs made for tech. Once I've got that info I'll add it to the online rule book but it won't make it in this years printed copy.

Thanks,
    Milton Gamble

So how is a racer supposed to know what is legal?? A rule book serves NO purpose if it is available at the tech table at the nats. C'mon man!

1. What chassis did you buy??

2. What did the manufacturer say the length was supposed to be?? For instance (from Koford catalog): M610A Assembled Beuf Express G27 light .050 steel chassis. The Nat's winner. 4.300 guide lead.

3. Take it back to the original specs...

Don't make this so hard.......
    Last edited by wjdougherty; 03-22-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ET37 View Post
    So how is a racer supposed to know what is legal?? A rule book serves NO purpose if it is available at the tech table at the nats. C'mon man!
    I believe Milton did say that while the chassis specs may not be in the PRINTED rule book, that they will be updated in the online PDF version and available following the Scale Nats (NOT at the tech table at the Wing Nats).

Relax... try some herbal tea instead of coffee sometime... while listening to smooth jazz...

PK
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

You guys are missing the point. Rules are good/great. Last minute rules/amendments are NOT! Regardless, enjoy the tech line!

WJD, thanks for the info. It is much appreciated.....

I'm not even a USRA member, so I guess I should just go to Starbucks and wait for this to all play out.

Enjoy.

I think you missed MY point...

The SCALE NATS is over on APRIL 11.

The WING NATS starts on AUGUST 5.

That gives Milton & crew about 4 months to get it posted online - before you hit the Tech Line.

Try the Chai Tea at Starbucks... and enjoy the soft music...
    Paul Kassens
    OWH Slot Car Talk "Mom"
    The Old Weird Herald
    email: paulk@oldweirdherald.com

The final editing is done and the 2011 USRA Rule Book is posted on the website @ www.usraslots.com. The printed versions should be completed this week.
    Milton Gamble

Milton ............... under "General Competition Regulations" XII Duration of races / Mains, 27 Lite is listed as 4 on, 3 off. Under "Group 27 Light" G. Race Format - Mains, it's listed as 3 on, 3 off. Which is correct? Just trying to get right for the Nats ............ ;-) BTW .......... which spelling are you going to settle on, "Lite" or "Light"? Both spellings are currently used in this version of the rulebook.
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

Lets just make the rule book into a Wiki. That way we can all just correct it and make the needed edits. The wisdom of the crowds always works....
    Chilli

Trolling the boards and fanning the flames once again...at least for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tire Killer View Post
    Milton ............... under "General Competition Regulations" XII Duration of races / Mains, 27 Lite is listed as 4 on, 3 off. Under "Group 27 Light" G. Race Format - Mains, it's listed as 3 on, 3 off. Which is correct? Just trying to get right for the Nats ............ ;-) BTW .......... which spelling are you going to settle on, "Lite" or "Light"? Both spellings are currently used in this version of the rulebook.
    Now you tell me...........4 on 3 off is correct.............no idea where the 3 on 3 off came from; probably getting in a hurry and I copied / pasted something...........I thought we were using "Lite" of course spell check can't comprehend it. I'll make the corrections to the web version, however, the printed version may not get edited in time.
    Milton Gamble

Thanks for the quick reply and the awesome job that you are doing with the USRA .................. ;-)
    Kevan Taylor
    Just another Camen racer in the Mid-Atlantic .......... Home to some of the world's greatest keyboard racers.

Milton,
    Thank you for all your work in putting the Rule Book together.
    John
    Always leave the wood pile a little higher than you found it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast